Default Need some reassurance please

I heard about the Couples resorts through a wonderful couple I know. I have been researching and researching and cannot find but one bad review. Everything I have read has been wonderful and exciting. So, Whats the catch?
    This vacation will mean alot to me as it will be the first real vacation we have been on. Both of us have had school/work/army/family matters constantly in the way of our relationship for 4.5yrs. Now he is coming back after being gone for 13months overseas.
    So I just need to know that it will be perfect! This is my gift to him..and us! We are pretty frugal with our money and I am willing to pay any price as long as it is worth it. I am looking at CSS as first choice for mid-April, but am willing to change my mind. I need something fun but relaxing, a nice night life would be great! So if anyone can tell me how this compares to other resorts(anywhere) and why is it so special to you all I would appreciate it!
    Thank you

Meldon

We have been to CN(4-08) and are going back 4-23 through 4-30. Its everything you could ask for. Mainly the service you will get is what keeps everybody coming back to Jamaica.
    We havent been to any other couples resorts but I'm sure you will be happy with any of them.

Jamaica soon come!!! BTW we are about 5 hrs north of you. Denison TX
    Cole and Bry
    Texas

CSS is nice but we prefer CTI. I think the night life is better as they have a proper dance floor and stage for the band and a separate piano bar, where at CSS every thing is squezzed into the baloon bar and on the patio if it's dry. Just my opinion, take alook at the photo's and make your selection. Have a great time where ever you pick.

Default nevermind--replying to self

I am convinced..I am a believer! You all convinced me! Thank you, I have no doubt that this trip will be as close to perfect as possible

I have read some negative reviews, but they are few and far between. You are going to love Jamaica and Couples because it will just be you and him.

Quote Originally Posted by meldan View Post
    I am convinced..I am a believer! You all convinced me! Thank you, I have no doubt that this trip will be as close to perfect as possible
    It is not perfect, do not go expecting it will be. It is pretty good overall, but there are some negatives.

after going to couples swept away 28 times i have found the resort and staff to be excellent, of course we had some issues once in a great while, but they were quickly addressed and we have been very happy going back to our jamaican home.
    one love. wayne f

meldan - you will have a great time at any Couples resort, you chose wisely! We generally do the Negril side because we like the diving and snorkling so that side of the island is more protected. Both CSA and CN have their strengths, at CSA the beach there is absolutely wonderful and that's where all the activities are. At CN the beach is much smaller and the focus is mostly at the pool. So it depends on what you perfer. At any of their resorts the staff is what makes the trip, they will be great and take good care of you. Have a great time and thanks for all your family does to serve our country!!

It's all good - if something isn't right the Couples staff will do everything in their power to make it right.

We just returned from CSS and absolutely loved it. SSB was the absolute best so if you are considering an AN experience CSS and SSB would be ideal. We stayed in Building E and were more involved in night life than on our previous 5 trips to CN because the Balloon bar was so close to our building.

You won't be disappointed with any Couples resort so go to the one that calls out to you.
    ... it keepsh me shane

You can't expect perfection in anything. Just go and have a wonderful trip. Couples resorts is our place. We will be going back for our sixth trip.

Default csa for us

We have been to couples swept away twice and are headed for a third time this november, we brought some friends last year and they are coming back as well. csa- it rocks!

If you go looking for perfection, you will not find it no matter where you go. If you go looking for a relaxing vacation and being pampered, then you will find it at Couples. Our Couples of choice is CTI. Quiet, included excursions, amazing staff awesome food and drinks and all shared with the one you love. Who could ask for anything more.
    Vicky

Thank you all for your responses!
    And for those who posted pictures..that really helped...I forwarded some to my boyfriend and I swear I could feel his excitment through the email! I was initially going to surprise him totally but it is too big of a trip to do that with both of our schedules, so I sent him some teaser pics with proposed dates! Hee hee!

Oh and regarding the "perfect" comment...I meant more along the lines of the Couples resorts not totally destroying my trip which it sounds like they will make every attempt to make it great! I realize nothing is perfect...unfortunate but true....

Thank you all again!

I heard about the Couples resorts through a wonderful couple I know. I have been researching and researching and cannot find but one bad review. Everything I have read has been wonderful and exciting. So, Whats the catch?
    This vacation will mean alot to me as it will be the first real vacation we have been on. Both of us have had school/work/army/family matters constantly in the way of our relationship for 4.5yrs. Now he is coming back after being gone for 13months overseas.
    So I just need to know that it will be perfect! This is my gift to him..and us! We are pretty frugal with our money and I am willing to pay any price as long as it is worth it. I am looking at CSS as first choice for mid-April, but am willing to change my mind. I need something fun but relaxing, a nice night life would be great! So if anyone can tell me how this compares to other resorts(anywhere) and why is it so special to you all I would appreciate it!
    Thank you
    If you are only reading reviews here you will not see any bad reviews. Don't get me wrong, this message board is great for general info. I recommend reading Trip Advisor. You get very fair reviews there IMO.

But still compliments to Couples because at least 90% of the reviews at Trip Advisor are positive plus someone from Couples occasionally reads the reviews there and will address some of the bad reviews or issues at the resorts.
    Last edited by ahhh vacation; February 19th, 2010 at 12:17 AM.

The only people who can make your vacation perfect are the two of you. You have chosen the right background for it in the Couples Resorts. You will fall in love with all of it!

Don't expect glitz/glamour/marble or the Ritz, that is not Couples. Couples rooms are not extravagant, but they are clean and comfortable, what sets Couples apart is that it is a Couples Only All Inclusive that does it right. They offer romantic environments conducive to reconnecting and blossoming a romance. Premium Liquor, Excellent dining options, there are activities that are included here that are not at other resorts. Each resort is set in unique beautiful laid back Caribbean atmospheres.

CSS is extremely romantic! Set in a cliff with surprises around every corner, it is a joy to explore this resort.

Good Luck making your choice, perfection is in the eye of the beholder, I also suggest looking at the reviews on Trip Advisor, but you still won't see many bad ones.

"And for those who posted pictures..that really helped...I forwarded some to my boyfriend and I swear I could feel his excitment through the email! I was initially going to surprise him totally but it is too big of a trip to do that with both of our schedules, so I sent him some teaser pics with proposed dates! Hee hee!"

Just had to say that I am surprising my husband when I get back from my deployment this summer with the trip. He knows we are going and the dates...and he will have to know its out of the country (passport), but I am not telling him until just before. As someone who is deployed, I can say that from what I have read and seen, Couples is the best choice for someone coming back from "over here". You two have a great time!

OK... so nobody's answered the question... "What's the catch?"...

Unfortunately, the catch is, you DO have to leave, eventually. But that adds meaning to a classic Jamaican saying... "Soon Come!"
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I did the same as you. I researched and researched and kept thinking...is this a gimmick, how could this be so perfect...and my wife will tell you I overresearch tings to a fault...
    I had never been to the Caribean and at 46 this was my first time and it was my honeymooon. My wife had been to 9 different resorts and Jamaica 5 times.
    All i can say is WOW!!!! I was blown away. We chose Couples Swept Away based on all the reviews and the pictures and ratings. it was amazing!
    after the first 3 days i asked my wife how this compared to the other places she had been...she said "there is no comparison. Swept Away was the nicest and most romantic resort she had ever been to.
    We are planning to go back this year...and we siad, "Why even look at any other place....CSA is Paradise to us.
    the staff is amazing, the beaches and water breathtaking and the food was excelelnt and so many choices. We hope you have a great trip and stop worrying...."Relax man, it's Jamaica!"

Much love, Ed

So I just need to know that it will be perfect! This is my gift to him..and us! Thank you
    ...Nothing in life is perfect. It is what we make it. Too many go with too many expectations. As for the Couples Resorts; enjoy all that they have for you, and you will love it.