Default Anyone flying through Memphis?

Anyone flying through Memphis? It looks like the Delta/NWA merger is resulting in fewer (or no) flights direct from MEM - MBJ. They tried sending us from Memphis through Atlanta, getting us into MBJ at 7:41 p.m. I don't think so.

Fortunately we have two airports, so I was able to change from DAL-MEM-MBJ to DFW-ATL-MBJ, and get into MBJ an hour sooner than originally planned.

Note... I did NOT get an email from Delta regarding this most recent change to our itinerary. I only noticed when I logged into the website with my confirmation number. But on a positive note, customer service was very nice, and very helpful - just be prepared to wait on hold for 45 minutes.

My fiance and I are scheduled to fly out of Memphis with a direct flight to MBJ on August 18th
    Stephanie
    Memphis, TN

Bruce -

Wow... you know, we booked our upcoming flight in May back in June of 2009 with NWA. Throughout the whole merger process, we've been getting updates for the subtlest of changes to our itinerary, including the latest, which was the notice that our NWA itinerary was now a Delta itinerary. I'm just sayin', the communication throughout the merger has been excellent, so far... emphasis on "so far".
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Chris,
    We booked with NWA back in June, as well. I've been getting consistent updates, too, but all have been nothing more than changes in flight numbers. Even when the NWA flight became a true Delta flight, there was no change in our flight times. This one completely caught me off guard.

MarkandStephanie,
    I just looked on Delta's website and all MEM-MBJ flights on 8/18 show a connection in Altanta. (Fortunately, an early departure out of Memphis can still get you to MBJ before noon.) You might want to double-check your itinerary just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Anyone flying through Memphis? It looks like the Delta/NWA merger is resulting in fewer (or no) flights direct from MEM - MBJ. They tried sending us from Memphis through Atlanta, getting us into MBJ at 7:41 p.m. I don't think so.

Fortunately we have two airports, so I was able to change from DAL-MEM-MBJ to DFW-ATL-MBJ, and get into MBJ an hour sooner than originally planned.

Note... I did NOT get an email from Delta regarding this most recent change to our itinerary. I only noticed when I logged into the website with my confirmation number. But on a positive note, customer service was very nice, and very helpful - just be prepared to wait on hold for 45 minutes.
    I just looked for trips this fall/winter and they still are on the schedule for November.

I just checked again, there is a saturday flight out of memphis, so maybe they just cut the days down.

Default DSM to MBJ

Hi

We're booked with a Friday Delta DSM to Memphis leaving 6:10 am, then MEM to MBJ leaving 9:35 am, arrving MBJ at 1:45 pm.

I guess it just depends on when you can get to Memphis.

I had to really search Delta's website for this flight, and though pages and pages of flights on Expedia and Travelocity.

Good flight back, also. MBJ leaving 2:45, through MEM, arriving DSM 8:19 pm.

Beergirl