Thread: Cat1865

Default Cat1865

Cat - I have a few questions about the salon at CSA. I read your post in the False Eyelash topic I started. Thanks for your honest response I'm sure your info will help us brides to be out. I hope you don't mind but can you tell me what you paid for hair and makeup on your wedding day. If you feel more comfortable you can send me an email at a3mit@aol.com

I need to make a decision really soon on whether I will use the resort salon for hair and makeup or go with an outside salon.

mstravelbug,

I don't remember the exact cost, but it ran between $100-125 for an attendant to come to my room to do my hair, make-up, and eyelashes. I ended up doing most of it myself, but the young lady was very nice, she helped to keep me calm, and tried to work with me. I didn't sweat it because it was part of the overall experience. It gets so hot in Jamaica, I definitely preferred that the attendant came to me. All the Best!

See that's what kinda worries me. Paying someone money for services and not getting the results I want or if I end up doing most of the work myself. I honestly know nothing about putting on false lashes and only know how to put on basic makeup. So if I had to end up doing most of the work myself I would look like a clown. NOT GOOD. Thanks for you help CAT.

CAT - Did you share your wedding pictures on the MB? I would love to see them but can't find them.

Default Advice re makeup

Hi
    I'm not sure if this will be any help but I also had the same concerns about using the salon for make up on the wedding day (we are getting wed on March 24th can't wait!!).

As the salon doesn't seem to have great reviews for make up I went to a professional make-up counter (Bobby Brown) and for £30 they gave me a lesson in bridal make up and they were absoloutely fantastic. They recommended products that will stay on in the heat and I ended up buying nearly all the bits and pieces to recreate the look myself on the day. I'm going to have a few practise runs before we go though!

I've also bought some individual false lashes and have had a few trial runs myself with them. They're a bit fiddly but looked really good the 2nd time I applied them.

I'm planning to get my hair done at the salon though as I'm hopeless with my hair and the salon seems to have good reviews on the hair side of things.

x

I would use the salon for hair only also. I plan to go to the MAC store and work with one of their artist to help decide the best makeup for me. I've also heard good things about Bare Minerals (not sure if that is the correct name). I'm also considering an outside salon in Negril that I've heard good things about.

Default Cat1865

Hello,

I haven't posted photos because I'm waiting for my official photos to come back from Sungold photography. Sungold took photos of me getting ready for the big day including make-up. Those photos will give the best idea of how my make-up turned out and how it held up during the ceremony and reception. As soon as I get the Sungold photos, I'll post them.

However, during the ceremony, my friend Kim took photos and they turned out really nice. Here are links to the photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=14c8b90683

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=ee17685eb5

Quote Originally Posted by Cat1865 View Post
    Hello,

I haven't posted photos because I'm waiting for my official photos to come back from Sungold photography. Sungold took photos of me getting ready for the big day including make-up. Those photos will give the best idea of how my make-up turned out and how it held up during the ceremony and reception. As soon as I get the Sungold photos, I'll post them.

However, during the ceremony, my friend Kim took photos and they turned out really nice. Here are links to the photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=14c8b90683

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=ee17685eb5
    Thanks for the pics :-)