Thread: online booking?

Default online booking?

A couple questions? Is it safe to book your reservation online? We generally go through a travel agent and are thinking about booking online? Has anyone had any problems this way? Also when we book how would we request which floor we would like, I know they don't promise you the room but is that something you can do online? If four of us are traveling together can we request to be together if we are booking the same room category? Thanks for the help.

I always book online. However, I do use a site where I'm sent a quote and then work with an actual person on getting it booked. It's not totally on my own, so I can have them add little things like the fact that I'm a repeater to the reservation. They also add little notes about "please give good view," but I'm sure they do that on every reservation they make. I can't post the link here, but if you do a Google search for "all inclusive discount," it's the second one listed.

I book through the airline so I get credit for every dollar spent at the resort in the form of bonus miles.

Was there a reason you don't want to use your travel agent anymore? If they have given you good service in the past and maybe you are looking at a price difference with the online booking then at least go to the agent and tell them the price you got and see if they will match it. I always like to give my business to the local merchants, there are way to few of them in today's market place and I hate to see any more of them go out of business!

We've booked through a big online search engine (think Expedia, Orbitz, etc.) and it's been just fine.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the early booking promo's apply if you book through the allinclusive site? I see the prices are the same as the promo, but am wondering about the $500 credit.

We have booked many of our trips online and have never had a problem. Really, the best time to request something is right when you arrive at the hotel. They will do the best they can with what they have at the time. Requesting early doesn't help. It all depends on the occupancy at the time you arrive. They are not going to kick somebody out for you. I just booked our trip this week-end online and it was so easy and I have the confirmation papers and I can't wait!!

I booked directly using the Couples website, for 08, 09 and 2 weeks from now. No problems at all any of the times, and I did it early enough to get very good prices. In fact, if I'd waited until December to book a beachfront suite....I would not have been able to get one at any price.