Thread: Newbie

Default Newbie

Ok, my husband has talked me into going to this beautiful place for our 25th Anniversary. He really wants me to go to the AN beach and I am very skeptical, as I am somewhat overweight. However, he loves me for what I am and he's not the slim jim I married either. I've read most of the previous posts, but am still a little hesitant. Any suggestions (other than a few drinks before hand - which would be a given anyway)? Also, since I burn so easily even with 45 sunscreen, is there shade to lay in? This will be our first real trip since our honeymoon and I don't want to dissapoint him. Thanks! I will willingly accept all answers.

Congratulations on reaching your 25th!!! That's a real accomplishment worth celebrating!!!

Let us know what resort you're going to and we will be able to give you more details about how much shade you will find. They all have shade some where to hide under and generally there lots to go around.

I don't use anything less than SPF50 myself. Just remember, you can never use too much sunscreen, but you can certainly use too little. And if you have a massage or spa treatment one day, be sure to wash everything off well before you apply your sunscreen. Sunscreen is sometimes not compatible with the oils and lotions they use in the spa.

Have a look at this thread.
    http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=4000
    There are a couple of pictures that may help you feel more comfortable about the types of bodies you will see on the AN beach. They will be the same mix as what you see on the non-AN beach, the same mix as you see in everyday life.

Go. Try it. and...

ENJOY!!!

Newbie,

Just remember....you are never going to see these people again. Relax and have fun. Trust me. I felt the same way you did my first time. Now I absolutely love it. I am overweight and no spring chicken but no one cares. I mean this no one cares! Most of the people who were at SSB when we were there was our age. There is plenty of shade. My husband burns very easily and we always set up under an umbrella and made sure he was smeared well with suntan lotion everywhere! Just don't make the same mistake I did. I don't use suntan lotion and after putting the lotion on my husband's back I made the mistake of wipping my hands on my chest. BIG MISTAKE! The next day I had a perfect inprint of my hands on my chest making it look like someone was grabbing me. Pretty funny really!

I hope you give it a try and relax everyone is so nice on SSB that I bet after spending 1/2 a day there you will forget that you are naked!

Annarundel

Default 2nd the comments

My wife and I just got back from our first experience (search for KCandSTL threads) at CTI. We went through the same emotions and went to the right on CTI to get adjusted. Liberating and Exciting. We made a pack to stay together, one wanted a drink we both went, one had to use the facilities we both went. The first trip to both is freedom. My wife did this for me the first day but SHE wanted to go back everyday afterwards. The people you meet are a lot of fun. It's true, you really don't notice. It's hard to explain. My wife insist on going back next year for sure. It was the best vacation of our life ... together. No kids, no hassle, and lots of fun. Just do it the first day. You will be glad you did and won't look back. If you can say going AN in a classy way .... Couples is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roclin View Post
    Congratulations on reaching your 25th!!! That's a real accomplishment worth celebrating!!!

Let us know what resort you're going to and we will be able to give you more details about how much shade you will find. They all have shade some where to hide under and generally there lots to go around.

ENJOY!!!
    Thanks. I'm really looking forward to being there. We're getting between 10-15 inches of snow at the moment and the pictures of those beaches are the only thing keeping me going right now!

We're going to CSS in March (just applied for expedited passports today - that ought to tell you how "much" we travel!).

I've been looking into sunscreen and found a 95 (if you can believe that!) for the face. I'll keep looking but I'm thinking at least 75.

I love the story about putting sunscreen on the hubby. That's so something I would do!

Gobs of sunscreen and lots of shade will do well for us this time around. From what I've read, I'm sure this won't be our first trip there!

Thanks for all the input. You've really put me at ease. And my husband thanks you too!

No problem, you will love your time. RESPECT as they say.

dawi -

You have made an excellent choice in resorts to celebrate your 25th!! CSS is BY FAR the most romantic resort we have ever been to. We were ther the first week of Feb, and loved it so much, we are trying to get a trip booked back there in April.

Two pieces of advice about Sunset Beach. One, try it on your first day. If you enjoy the experience, and I would bet any money that you both will love it, you'll have the rest of your holiday to enjoy it that much more. Secondly, bring a pair of water shoes for each of you. The beach is a bit rocky until you get out into the water a bit, but is fine after that. Then you can use your shoes for a trip to Dunn's River Falls, too.

If you want to look at some pictures of the resort, and Sunset Beach, go to our post on the main board, "CSS Review and Pictures", there's a link to our pictures in that post.

There's lots of room on the beach to be by yourself, and there's also a lot of fun to be had around the swim up bar and pool. It will be a truly a wonderful experience for you, guaranteed!! If you have any other questions, just ask.

My wife and I have been to SSB and TI. We were 23 and really nervous to go out there the first time. After the first day out we were hooked. The thing we regretted the most was waiting until our second to last day to go out there. Three years later we made it back to CTI. We put our luggage in our room, changed and we to the Island and went out there everyday that trip. We go back for our third trip in 103 days and guess were we will be! The point I am trying to make is there is people of all shapes and sizes, 20 to 70, different races, different nationalities, but just like someone mentioned it is hard to explain but non of that matters.

My theory (no research just guessing) is that we let our clothing tell a story for us and we judge other stories (people) by there cover (clothing). You take this away and all that is left is you. You are vulnerable just like everyone else forcing everyone to accept you with the hope that they in return will be accepted. And since they aren't pre-judging you by your clothing/cover they are forced to look at who you really are. It is truly great because during my time that I have spent on the Island and at SSB I have been able to form lifelong friendships and have actually learned about myself.

Hey plus alcohol is involved!

Default thats the truth!

[QUOTE=Dustin_Megan;52947]My wife and I have been to SSB and TI. We were 23 and really nervous to go out there the first time. After the first day out we were hooked. The thing we regretted the most was waiting until our second to last day to go out there. Three years later we made it back to CTI. We put our luggage in our room, changed and we to the Island and went out there everyday that trip. We go back for our third trip in 103 days and guess were we will be! The point I am trying to make is there is people of all shapes and sizes, 20 to 70, different races, different nationalities, but just like someone mentioned it is hard to explain but non of that matters.

My theory (no research just guessing) is that we let our clothing tell a story for us and we judge other stories (people) by there cover (clothing). You take this away and all that is left is you. You are vulnerable just like everyone else forcing everyone to accept you with the hope that they in return will be accepted. And since they aren't pre-judging you by your clothing/cover they are forced to look at who you really are. It is truly great because during my time that I have spent on the Island and at SSB I have been able to form lifelong friendships and have actually learn couldnt have said it better

Just give it a try, you may like it after you relax. You will see all body types, sizes, and races. Most of the people that go to the AN sections are the 30 plus age group, so you will fit right in.
    Irie Mon

dawi

The nice thing about the AN beach whether it be CTI, CSS or CN is that NO ONE will say anything about size, shape, color, age or tan lines.

It is all about the level of comfort you have with yourself.

Keep in mind that you are on the AN beach with your loved one and no one else matters.

So RELAX and ENJOY.

Just got back on Thursday from a very quick but wonderful trip to CSS. We got in later in the afternoon on Sunday and took the walk to SSB to watch the sunset but were a few minutes too late. However, it did give us an opportunity to scope out the place and see what to expect. The next morning, 9:00, we were there. To say I was nervous is an understatement. However, by lunch time both my husband and I were feeling a little more at ease. We met many wonderful people and staff and, after a while, I didn't even realize that I was naked. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we never did make it to the textile beach/pool! We will be back!!

Quote Originally Posted by dawi View Post
    Just got back on Thursday from a very quick but wonderful trip to CSS. We got in later in the afternoon on Sunday and took the walk to SSB to watch the sunset but were a few minutes too late. However, it did give us an opportunity to scope out the place and see what to expect. The next morning, 9:00, we were there. To say I was nervous is an understatement. However, by lunch time both my husband and I were feeling a little more at ease. We met many wonderful people and staff and, after a while, I didn't even realize that I was naked. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we never did make it to the textile beach/pool! We will be back!!
    FABULOUS dawi!!! So glad you enoyed SSB and your first AN experience!!!

So how did you make out with sunscreen and shade? Did you find an SPF level that kept you and your husband fom burning? Did you find enough shade on SSB?

ENJOY!!!

oh... one last question...

Can you imagine taking a beach resort vacation and not going AN now?

ENJOY!!!

There was plenty of shade and we kept under the umbrella most of the time. We did burn a bit, but not as much as I usually do. We used 70SPF and reapplied quite often. However, because of laying on the towel/chair, my back got wiped off and we never did get enough put back on. As I posted under the Tan/Pre-Tan thread, we will be pre-tanning next time. I'm sure that will help.

And to answer your last question, there definitely will be another vacation and we WILL be doing the AN again! (that is the grin on my husband's face!)

Thanks for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Roclin View Post
    oh... one last question...

Can you imagine taking a beach resort vacation and not going AN now?

ENJOY!!!
    Thats something I've been contemplating... my fiance and I are tossing around honeymoon ideas... she's okay with going back to CTI... but has sent some links to other places/resorts not in Jamaica and the first question I ask is: do they have AN?

when people say something about being concerned about their bodies and going an. i tell them to go to walmart and imagine everyone there nekid. that will be about the same mix on the an beach.