Thread: Cost for Guests

Default Cost for Guests

We are getting married in March, 2010.

I just sent out the Save the Dates, with booking info and so far most everyone is concerned with price, of course.

I am starting to wonder if we should help others with cost, not that we have any extra money to spend, but for certain people we really want to be there.

Has anyone experienced this and what do you think we should do? Do people end up coming around?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by claerin View Post
    We are getting married in March, 2010.

I just sent out the Save the Dates, with booking info and so far most everyone is concerned with price, of course.

I am starting to wonder if we should help others with cost, not that we have any extra money to spend, but for certain people we really want to be there.

Has anyone experienced this and what do you think we should do? Do people end up coming around?

Thanks!
    Hello... I think you have to expect this sort of thing with a desination wedding. We aren't paying for anyone else to come but if we have family member that we really want to be there that cannot afford it we would help them pay for it. However, the family members that we have that cannot afford it will not except our money to help out. I think another thing to remember is that they are getting a vacation out of your wedding also. They don't have to come for an entire week if they cannot afford it. Especially if they are expecting you to help pay for it. I have a sister who lives in Germany and she and her hubby and my niece are coming from the 6th-9th and they couldn't afford to come any longer. They wouldn't let us help pay for them either so I dunno. I guess it just depends on what you guys want to do... Hope I helped a little bit at least!!

We are getting married in Nov 09 and sent save the dates in February 09. We had 2 couples that immediately booked. Then it was about 3 to 4 months and 6 more couples booked. We can't afford to pay for others either and in our save the date we did make it clear, that we would love to have them join us, but understand if they can't. We didn't word it that way, but that was the message. We also have offered to pay for relatives trips and they have declined as well, and they aren't coming. We are going to have a party here in our hometown and do a short "renewal" of our vows, so our families and friends that couldn't make it will be able to be a part of it.

It may take some people time to figure out if they can afford it. So be patient, they have plenty of time to book.

Hello Ladies, Im getting married March 2010 also and I sent my save the dates in the beginning of June..Im also concerned whos going to make it or not but def. cant afford to help otherwise we would. We decided whoever wasnt or couldnt make it that we would have a nice dinner when we got back . Actually what really helps is the love away plan where they pay $100 every month to pay off their trip!! Maybe thats a option? I invited about 30 and so far 8 said they could go for sure...For me I knew not everyone could make it but my fiance and I would be very understanding!!

Default Re

I'm not familiar with the "Love Away Plan"
    Can someone please explain?
    Thanks!