Thread: 1 night at CN

Default 1 night at CN

Thanks to AJ moving our flight up a day, we found ourselves to be without a hotel for Saturday 4-11-10. We had our vacation booked at CSA, but they were at full capacity for the night prior to our stay, so we booked at CN. I did a ton of reading and research about CSA- but none about CN - so anything you can fill me in on is appreciated.

We will only be at CN for one night- Saturday and most of the day. What 'must' we do at CN during our short stay? Which restaurant should we reserve- or do they have a special buffet on Saturdays? We have a Deluxe Garden room- seems that is all they had available. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by melly View Post
    . . . .We will only be at CN for one night- Saturday . . . . Which restaurant should we reserve- or do they have a special buffet on Saturdays? . . . .
    I think the International Buffet is served on Saturday nights. If you're not in the mood for a buffet, however, I'd try Lychee. No reservations are required. Enjoy CN. It's our favorite.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

sorry- guess I posted this twice! all the chaos leaves me forgetful, lol

I agree with Pamela, have dinner a Lychee if you don't want the buffet. Other then that I would simply say you won't want to leave CN.

We have the exact same problem , just happening the next week. Thanks Air Jamaica!

I don't know where you live... we're from Toronto so the last thing we want to do the first night we arrive in a warm climate is sit in an air-conditioned restaurant. Lychee is wonderful, but I suggest you spend your first night sitting on the patio at Heliconia where you can enjoy the warmth of Jamaica, hear the evening waves lapping at the beach and be serenaded by the wonderous little tree frogs.

A must do... the one thing CN has that CSA doesn't is an AN beach area. Why not give it a try for an hour or two. You never know, you may decide you like it and sign-up for "trading places" one day just so you can come back to CN for some all over tanning.

ENJOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roclin View Post
    I don't know where you live... we're from Toronto so the last thing we want to do the first night we arrive in a warm climate is sit in an air-conditioned restaurant. . . . . I suggest you spend your first night sitting on the patio at Heliconia where you can enjoy the warmth of Jamaica, hear the evening waves lapping at the beach and be serenaded by the wonderous little tree frogs . . . .
    Heliconia is closed for dinner on Saturdays.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by Roclin View Post
    I suggest you spend your first night sitting on the patio at Heliconia where you can enjoy the warmth of Jamaica
    Heliconia is closed on Saturday nights, so Lychee is the only alternative to the International Buffet (Cassava), unless you can get a reservation at Otaheite on short notice - which we would definitely try, but also is air conditioned and would require more formal attire than the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Heliconia is closed for dinner on Saturdays.
    OOPS sorry about making that suggestion. It's been a year since we were at CN and when we're there I can never keep track of what day it is.

Another "must do" for some people at CN is to walk down the beach to the Office of Nature. If you're interested other people will be able to give you more details than I can.

ENJOY!!!

thanks! I think we will do the International Buffet! We are planning to leave one suitcase untouched for CSA, so I now I know that my hubby doesn't need to pack long pants/closed shoes in the CN bacg for dinner! What a big help you all are!

What type of food is on the International Buffet? I am assuming a 'multi-cultural' experience, lol- but any specific examples would be great. As our trip approaches (yes yes yessss) - we want to make sure we are taking full advantage of our 1 day/night at CN!!

Also- what is the Office of Nature and is it near CN or on CN grounds? thanks

all the restaurants are good just depends on what you want check out the menus and go from there, leechee is probably the most popular and depending on what time you get there is how long you will wait, we were there in december and i loved it, it is not as pristine as resorts in the dominican but it is what i expect from a jamaican resort, clean and down to earth, the staff is very friendly the beaches are great and just a minute or two walk from your room, i enjoyed it and i will definately be going back. The entertainment was excellent, the steel drums group was the best make sure you take in a show
    have fun

Hope to bump this post back up as I am really curious - what type of food is on the international buffet (so we know whether or not to go there, or a restaurant for our 1 night at CN) - and what and where is the Office of Nature? THANK YOU!!! soooo excited!!! 2 weeks!!!!