Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CSS Review + pictures

We just returned from our first trip to CSS. We were at CSA in December and thought nothing could beat that resort but CSS did it in spades. We were in awe from the moment we got there, the views are spectacular and the pathways so fun to explore.

Our first room was in Block G (G12b), on the top floor, there are only four rooms up there, it was the furthest room from anywhere and we loved it, it was a Deluxe Ocean Verandah room, with a huge, private balcony. The only problem was we didn't have hot water, so we stuck it out for 4 days and moved to a Beachfront Suite in Block B, but we much preferred being on the cliffs. The Guest Services Manager, Lij, was the best. He took care of our move, getting us a room with a view, and didn't stop until we were happy! The staff at this resort were second to none, we made so many friends and were very sad to leave.

We arrived on a Friday night and were able to experience two gala evenings as we left the following Saturday night. It was amazing, the food was out of this world, as was the beach party on Tuesday night.

We spent most of our time on the A/N beach, but did visit the mineral pool most afternoons as well. It was so quiet there and we enjoyed the access to the ocean, it was the best part of the beach on the whole resort. Just take a few steps down from the pool and head out through the arch. The A/N beach is unswimmable unless you have water shoes, we wish we had known this prior to going. We didn't spend any time at the main beach but it was very nice, as we walked out a ways to check it out one day.

As everyone has mentioned previously the pathways and flora and fauna were spectacular and all add to the romantic atmosphere of this resort. We so enjoyed just wandering every day and discovering something new each time. Crackers is so adorable, we went to visit him every morning and he would welcome us with a hello and a goodbye when we left him.

We hated to leave so much that we're going to try to get back there in April.

Any questions, be happy to try to answer. Enjoy the pictures.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/...d=984136008703

Default Wow!

Wow - awesome photos. We've been talking about a split trip between CN and CSS in December. This ties it! What an elegant resort!

Question: Why did you like the first room better? I'm thinking I want to be at beach level (maybe B block). Your thoughts?

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and photos.

Beergirl

Beergirl

Our first room (G12B), was the highest room, and at the furthest point on the resort. It had a huge private balcony, the bedroom had a vaulted ceiling, and was a large room. The view from the balcony was nothing short of stunning!!! You could see far out into the ocean, and up into the hills of Ocho Rios. You looked down on birds flying over the sea. The room had a hot water problem, it was only luke warm at best, and very low pressure. We put up with it for 4 days though, as we were so in love with the room.

As it turns out, if we hadn't had that problem, we would not have had the pleasure of meeting Lij, the Guest Services Manager. He looked after getting us another room (with much effort on his part, as they were at peak occupancy). CSS is so fortunate in having this gentleman on staff, such a hard worker, with a wonderful personality!

He got us in to room B28. We had lots of hot water, and a beautiful, unobstructed view overlooking the main beach. It was a lovely room, with a living room area, and a jacuzzi tub as well as walk in shower. However, the balconies in A and B block are small, and nothing compared to those in E, F and G blocks. We enjoyed B28, but still longed to be back in G12B!! It's difficult to describe the feeling of sitting on the balcony in G block, and seeing that amazing panoramic view.

I should mention that unfortunately we didn't get pictures of the inside of G12B, as we moved rooms quickly, before we had taken any (we always seem to forget about taking picture of our room until the end of our stay). We did post the couple of pictures that we took of the balcony, and the pictures at the end of the slideshow are of the inside of B28.

We miss CSS very much, and are going to try to get back there real soon. And when we do, we will do everything we can to end up back in G block!! We spent a lot of time on SSB, which is the furthest spot on the resort from block G, but you get to experience all of the beautiful views as you make your way down from G.

To put it simply, rooms in blocks A and B are great, but much like an oceanview room in any other resort. Rooms in block G, give you views and huge private balconies, that you will not get anywhere else but at beautiful CSS!!

Karen, Great pictures! We stayed in G12b March 2008 and didn't have the hot water problem you had. We loved the balcony and views too!

Great review. After reading that I really want to try CSS now. Thanks for the pictures too. Awesome!

KarenON,

Stunning pictures!!!! My husband and I are going to CN for our 4th time in April. After seeing your pics of CSS, we are considering CSS for our 5th trip. I love the paths and the small beach it looks so quaint.

Thank you for sharing your pictures, oh by the way I love the black and white swim suit. Where did you get it.
    One Love,
    Mya

WoW! your pictures were beautiful! I'm even more excited that I booked our wedding at CSS. Thank you what a great review too!

Myapapya - We also loved the pathways, we really enjoyed just wandering around and you rarely saw anyone else, so peaceful and private, like having the place to yourselves and they were at 100% occupancy. The views around every corner were amazing. Thanks, I got that swimsuit at La Vie en Rose last summer.

Stefanie - We saw a few weddings in the gazebo, it was a lovely, private spot to get married, we said we'd like to go there to renew our vows in a few years time, good choice for a wedding location!

Very nice photo's - we were there in December for the first time after spending 5 trips at CN. We fell in love with CSS and especially SSB and cannot wait to return.

We stayed in Building E which had a big balcony with table/4chairs and 2 loungers and straight on ocean views should you decide to give another building a shot. Our room category was full at check in and they put into building A but we requested a change because I booked to be on the cliff. I would agree that the staff at CSS is very accommodating and they moved us while we were at the beach which made it easy as all we had to do was get the key.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Excellent review and hot water problems aside, it's obvious your stay was incredible, as evidenced by the fact you want to return so quickly. Thanks for sharing.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Margi View Post
    Great review. After reading that I really want to try CSS now. Thanks for the pictures too. Awesome!
    Yes! Hubby & I are planning our 2nd trip in August. We were at CSA last time. He is also planning for our 16th anniv on 8/6 for us to be there.

I can't believe how much your post swayed me to try something different...ty!

Karen & Paul, Great photos and review. Sorry we didn't hook up at Margarita-ville at the airport, our flight to Philly was postponed until 3 AM on Sunday and by time we got back to SSB you guys had already left. I noticed you captured my picture at the beach bar reading one morning!
    Jim & Cathy

Amazing pictures...but I'm curious...where is everyone? The resort seem deserted

nadekm

That's one of the beauties of CSS, it was at full capacity, but because the beautiful grounds are so spread out, there are so many spots on the resort that seem secluded, which adds to the romance of this wonderful resort!!

Jim and Cathy !! Sorry we missed you too! What time did you eventually get home? We've been lucky here, there's no snow on the ground at all, looks like early spring!! And there's none in the forecast for the next 2 weeks. Very unusual for us, and I'm sure we'll end up paying for it before it's all over.

I was taking pictures from our balcony in B28 early one morning, using the zoom on the camera. It looked like a good picture of the beach bar, so I took it. I just about fell of my chair laughing when you said I got you in it. I just went back and looked, and sure enough, there you are!! What a hoot!!

We enjoyed meeting you both, and hopefully we'll see you at SSB again in the not too distant future!! Paul and Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Lovjamaica View Post
    Very nice photo's - we were there in December for the first time after spending 5 trips at CN. We fell in love with CSS and especially SSB and cannot wait to return.

We stayed in Building E which had a big balcony with table/4chairs and 2 loungers and straight on ocean views should you decide to give another building a shot. Our room category was full at check in and they put into building A but we requested a change because I booked to be on the cliff. I would agree that the staff at CSS is very accommodating and they moved us while we were at the beach which made it easy as all we had to do was get the key.
    I am just wondering if your room category is full when you arrive, do they upgrade you free of charge. We are booked in a One bedroom ocean view with balcony, we had considered a jacuzzi suite which was next level up but we preferred the one bed room..I would not really want to be upgraded to a jacuzzi suite and I wondered what happens in a situation like this.

KarenON,

We felt exactly like you!!!! We had been to CN twice, and when we made the decision to try CSS I was so scared. The beach being the biggest factor because we loved the beach at CN, but OMG, the beauty of CSS, did I miss CN's beach I'm not going to lie, yes I did, but did I love CSS?? Yes enough to book trip two to CSS in April!

Love the grounds, the romance is in the air there everywhere you turn! If you can't feel it, something is seriously wrong.

Great pictures...I'll be there next Wednesday!!! cant wait, luckily I have a little thing like my wedding to keep me occupied this weekend.
    Last edited by CaliGeek; February 17th, 2010 at 01:51 PM.

Kazd - Yes, I'm sure they would upgrade you if your category is full, although it shouldn't be. If that happens and they try to put you in A or B block just tell them you would prefer to be up on the hillside.

Marie - We do feel exactly the same way about CSS, it's a magical place. We loved it so much we're waiting confirmation to go back 2-10 April, when will you be there in April?

CaliGeek - Congratulations, I can't think of a more beautiful place to go for a honeymoon!

Thanks so much for sharing these photos. I'm counting down 24 more days til CSS and your photos just made me even more excited!

Quote Originally Posted by kazd View Post
    I am just wondering if your room category is full when you arrive, do they upgrade you free of charge. We are booked in a One bedroom ocean view with balcony, we had considered a jacuzzi suite which was next level up but we preferred the one bed room..I would not really want to be upgraded to a jacuzzi suite and I wondered what happens in a situation like this.

They should move you as soon as a room is available -

The upgrade was at no additional charge but I specifically reserved a room that was on the cliff so to me it wasn't an upgrade.

It all worked out and the Couples staff was tremendous as usual.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Quote Originally Posted by Lovjamaica View Post

They should move you as soon as a room is available -

The upgrade was at no additional charge but I specifically reserved a room that was on the cliff so to me it wasn't an upgrade.

It all worked out and the Couples staff was tremendous as usual.
    Exactly, although financially a jacuzzi suite would be considered an upgrade we rejected it in favour of the one bed ocean view with verandah because I thought the suite looked nicer.

Thanks so much for posting your beautiful photos! We are going to CN in a few weeks and have a feeling we will be hooked on Couples after that! Would consider San Souci after seeing your photos and enjoying your review!

KarenON,

We miss each other by a week, our dates are 4/17-24. Translated to 57 days, 17 hours, 1 min according to my countdown clock! lol

Marie, that's too bad we'll miss you, maybe next time!

Karen

Default Recently returned from CSS

Ok folks, last year we did CSS and CN (1 week each - different trips). We loved them both. This year we did CTI and then returned to CSS on the same trip. I have to tell you although the newness of CTI was great - coming home was really CSS. It is the most romantic (no desire to go to CSA since we do AN) and the AN side is awesome. we stayed in G block the first time G16 as I recall and the view was outstanding, hubby loved the lounger and was AN many times there since it is so private. This time at CSS we did block A and although the room was nice, great views, and closer to SSB we missed the lounger, privacy and the views were simply out of this world. It seems we are planning to go back to CSS this April - ladies mid life crisis for the men has fringe benefits! ;-) Just don't know how to tell the kids that we are going away again! LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast