Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Romance Rewards

Default Romance Rewards

We did not receive our “departure snack and water pack” as part of the romance package at the end of our last two trips to CSA. Is this something that most people are getting or is it just us?

It’s really not a big deal to us because we have a mini bar with bottled water included.

One time we departed we had to ask for the departure gift, other times they gave it to us as we boarded the van to the airport. I would ask for it

Default Seandymon to address this problem

Hi Richli2,

We've had that problem at CN twice, and Seandymon said he was going to improve the system after he took over the Romance Rewards Program.

We had to ask for our departure pack, and it held up the bus for several minutes while they "remembered" to go get them. I, for one, don't understand the disconnect.

Beergirl

We received ours with out any problem at CN last summer. In fact they brought it to us the night before so I was able to put the water bottles into the frig to cool them before we left the next day.

The only problem was that I drank the water on the bus and then had to use the restroom and we got stuck in traffic. It was a long bus ride.

Hey Beergirl,

Had a Red Stripe last week for you

"Iowa_mon"

Default Thanks!

Hi Beach-bum,

Thanks for thinking of me! Wish I was there with you!

Beergirl

It is just a granola bar and a bottle of water. We actually just get a bottle from the beach bars on the way to the bus instead.

The last two times at CSA our departure pack was waiting for us at checkout. It is just a granola bar and bottle of water BUT it comes in a really cool logo'd lunch bag...which is the main reason I would make sure to ask for it if it's not waiting for you!

We have spent over $15,000 total on trips to Coules and you would think that they would remember the repeaters perks. I guess it’s the thought that counts. We didn’t feel like repeat guests this trip. I guess we might be looking at other resorts next year.

Beach-Bum,

When were your trips?
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post
    We have spent over $15,000 total on trips to Couples and you would think that they would remember the repeaters perks. I guess it’s the thought that counts. We didn’t feel like repeat guests this trip. I guess we might be looking at other resorts next year.
    Very telling in those few words. Management would be wise to start heeding them.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

We have spent over $15,000 total on trips to Coules and you would think that they would remember the repeaters perks. I guess it’s the thought that counts. We didn’t feel like repeat guests this trip. I guess we might be looking at other resorts next year.
    We had similar issues in Dec, we had to ask for it. I thought it was something special, so I asked. If they forgot it again, I would just leave without it.

Seandymon,

We visited CSA in 1-8-2006, 12-2-2007, 11-1-2008, and 1-30-2010 and always stay in a BFS. You can look us up by our romance reward # of 1554.

I can't believe that such a big deal is being made over a 2 granola bars and 2 bottles of water.
    We have been to CN 5 times.
    We had to remind them about the departure snack in November.
    If we hadn't received it, would we go back?
    Absolutely!!
    The feeling we get from being at CN is way more important than a snack when we leave.
    Just my opinion.
    Kim

Beach Bum,

You didn't receive the rewards on your latest trip at CSA?
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

We just returned from 2 weeks in January. Week one was at CTI and week two at CSS. We received all of our rewards including the $100 departure checks before we left. We did not ask for the snack when we left CTI because we were just going over to CSS. We mentioned it when we left CSS and she said we were marked down for the departure snack and brought it as we were getting on the bus. 2 water bottles, 2 granola bars and an apple and orange in a soft lunchbox size cooler. We also received them at CN and CSS in 2009. Sometimes you have to ask for them but it's no big deal. Now we have to decide what to do with all the lunch coolers we are collecting!

Default Check

Hi there! We were there Jan. 14th - Jan. 21st. When we left, they did not have our $100 check ready for us. They said it would be mailed within two weeks. It has been three. Who should I contact about this?
    Happy Valentine's Day!

We left CSS 6 Feb and it wasn't until we got on the bus that we realized we didn't get the departure snack, which was no big deal but the bag is kinda cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Sueboo View Post
    We just returned from 2 weeks in January. Week one was at CTI and week two at CSS. We received all of our rewards including the $100 departure checks before we left. We did not ask for the snack when we left CTI because we were just going over to CSS. We mentioned it when we left CSS and she said we were marked down for the departure snack and brought it as we were getting on the bus. 2 water bottles, 2 granola bars and an apple and orange in a soft lunchbox size cooler. We also received them at CN and CSS in 2009. Sometimes you have to ask for them but it's no big deal. Now we have to decide what to do with all the lunch coolers we are collecting!
    Sue, you can send me one of the bags! It might be a while before we get one!

We didn't receive ours in Dec. at CSS until we asked, which held up the bus. It doesn't really matter I guess if you get it or not but the bag is cute and felt kind of silly having to ask for it. Doesn't leave you with that CSS special feeling that we all love so much.

I'm curious as to what that means??? How did yuo feel? What happened?

Are guests supposed to get special treatment based on what they spend? Because we have spent WAY more than that but we don't base our expectations on that

It's not what you spend - it's how you treat people

Did not receive one at CSA in December 2009; we did in 2008, but had to ask and was somewhat challenged as to whether we were, in fact, repeaters. No big deal.

We didn't receive our departure snack this time (and I totally forgot about it until reading this post). We were at CTI. Last trip to CSA we had to ask and it held up the bus.

As for the $100 cheque on departure for the Passionate Level, I inquired about it a few days before departure and was told to check in at the reception desk the night before our departure. Upon checking the night before the girl said that she would keep trying to locate the person who looks after the cheques. Needless to say, the morning of our departure the cheque hadn't materialized but thankfully Maxine, the Manager of Customer Relations, stopped by to say bye to us and I mentioned the cheque situation to her. She had the cheque ready within 1/2 hour.

I have to admit I felt very uncomfortable having to ask, even though it is something we were entitled to based on our repeater level.

As for the other repeater perks (gift shop voucher, spa voucher and repeater dinner invite) I had to ask for them as well. It seems that there are still some bugs in the system and hopefully it will be worked out soon. I think it is wonderful that Couples offers such wonderful perks to those who return time and time again.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

They gave us ours at CSS without asking last April as we were boarding the bus for the airport. I didn't even think about it and certainly wouldn't have felt slighted if I didn't get it. C'mon, is this really a big deal? In '08 they did the same thing as we were boarding the bus and I noticed the driver really checking out the little coolers. I asked him if Couples gives the drivers these too. He said they don't that it's only for the guests. He mentioned that he had 2 little girls and we gave them both to him. The look on his face was one we'll never forget. He smiled and sang all the way to the airport. He must have thanked us at least 4-5 times. I'm sorry, I think anyone who can make such a big deal out of a $4 snack bag has got their priorities mixed up. Feel fortunate that you have the means to go to Couples, many people don't.

Quote Originally Posted by rjammin View Post
    They gave us ours at CSS without asking last April as we were boarding the bus for the airport. I didn't even think about it and certainly wouldn't have felt slighted if I didn't get it. C'mon, is this really a big deal? In '08 they did the same thing as we were boarding the bus and I noticed the driver really checking out the little coolers. I asked him if Couples gives the drivers these too. He said they don't that it's only for the guests. He mentioned that he had 2 little girls and we gave them both to him. The look on his face was one we'll never forget. He smiled and sang all the way to the airport. He must have thanked us at least 4-5 times. I'm sorry, I think anyone who can make such a big deal out of a $4 snack bag has got their priorities mixed up. Feel fortunate that you have the means to go to Couples, many people don't.
    You are exactly right....we are all getting to do something most people will never get and we take for granted our privilege...and in some cases see it as something is owed to us. Kudos to you for your thoughtfulness to give the bags to the driver. We fail to do the little things that go such a long way with people. That probably not only made the guys day, but his week. Gestures like that can mean so much and you may never know how much but it was kind of you to think of someone else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast