Hybrid View

Default Morning or Afternoon Wedding?

I have read all the posts on morning or afternoon weddings and I still cannot decide. We are booked for 2 pm because 4 was not available. Now I am thinking 10 am. But it does not go with the day I pictured. I wasnted to get married and go for drinks, dancing and night life right afterwards. If we get married at 10, what will we do until nightlife starts??? Someone help!!!!

I'm getting married at 11 now, and have decided to hang on the beach and get some sun and drinks with my friends and family the rest of the day. Then go to the Friday beach party to celebrate.

congratualtions. I can completely understand your delima. Keep an open mind and here's what I would have done if I could do it again. I got married at CSA on Nov 7 2009 at 4:30 on the beach. BUT, it ended up being about 5:30 or later due to rain and other weddings being pushed back. No biggie. BUT, since you have to wait 2 days after arriving on the island to get married, I wish I would have gotten married at the 10:00am time. The ceremony lasted about 20 minutes, then about 30 minutes to cut cake, sign papers, toast and do a dance. So by now it would be about 11:00 and if you are having pictures done you might add another 30 minutes on to this. So then it's about time for lunch. Go have lunch in your dress! Oh yes I would. Get the most out of it.

Then change into swim suits enjoy the beach with my new husband. Sign up for the 3:30 sunset catamaran tour and enjoy our first sunset on the beautiful blue ocean. Then I would have made reservations at Feathers for a wonderful romantic dinner and then danced the night away at the club upstairs.

WHY??? Anticipation for 2 days before we could get married and then really added a 3rd day by a 4:30 wedding. I didn't want to get sunburned, not that I would do that anyway, but you become extra careful. I didn't want to do snorkeling in case I got sick, touched a jelly fish - they leave little red marks and sting, or cut myself on something.

Just my thoughts on it and remember you can do whatever you want, there are not set schedules or traditions you have to follow, just make it the day you want and will remember. The staff is absolutely fabulous at making your dreams come true.
    Congratulations again. sorry i get long winded!

Quote Originally Posted by Apprentice View Post
    congratualtions. I can completely understand your delima. Keep an open mind and here's what I would have done if I could do it again. I got married at CSA on Nov 7 2009 at 4:30 on the beach. BUT, it ended up being about 5:30 or later due to rain and other weddings being pushed back. No biggie. BUT, since you have to wait 2 days after arriving on the island to get married, I wish I would have gotten married at the 10:00am time. The ceremony lasted about 20 minutes, then about 30 minutes to cut cake, sign papers, toast and do a dance. So by now it would be about 11:00 and if you are having pictures done you might add another 30 minutes on to this. So then it's about time for lunch. Go have lunch in your dress! Oh yes I would. Get the most out of it.

Then change into swim suits enjoy the beach with my new husband. Sign up for the 3:30 sunset catamaran tour and enjoy our first sunset on the beautiful blue ocean. Then I would have made reservations at Feathers for a wonderful romantic dinner and then danced the night away at the club upstairs.

WHY??? Anticipation for 2 days before we could get married and then really added a 3rd day by a 4:30 wedding. I didn't want to get sunburned, not that I would do that anyway, but you become extra careful. I didn't want to do snorkeling in case I got sick, touched a jelly fish - they leave little red marks and sting, or cut myself on something.

Just my thoughts on it and remember you can do whatever you want, there are not set schedules or traditions you have to follow, just make it the day you want and will remember. The staff is absolutely fabulous at making your dreams come true.
    Congratulations again. sorry i get long winded!
    I complete agree with you about the anticipation part. I choose the 10am time for our upcoming wedding and am so glad I did. The anticipation for those 2 days before the actual wedding are going to kill me. In my mind my honeymoon doesn't start until after the wedding is out of the way. My fiance wants to do the ATV and Horsebacking riding tours. I won't even dare do those until after the wedding. I just feel like I'm going to limit myself to what I can do and how much I eat and drink for those first two days.

We are getting married on Thursday. Is there a dancing or parties that night anywhere? I understand there is a beach party on Friday night but what about Thursday night? Anyplace to go where there will be live music and dancing that night?

I think you might be way over thinking this. If you get married at 2, you'll be done by 3. Restaurants don't open until 6:30 anyways...so it's not going to transition the way you're picturing in your head. We got married at 10, got into our swimsuits laid out, drank, laughed and went on a caterman cruise to the caves and everyone on there was congratulating us and celebrating with us. It was awesome! Then we got back around 6, took showers, cleaned up and was ready for a nice dinner and some drinks and dancing afterwards. Best advice I can give...don't over plan things, just go with the flow, you'll be much happier!

im another 10am wedding too!

Reasons - pictures - everything is really colourful - ie water.

the heat isnt as bad in the morning

I didnt want to stress the whole day waiting for it!

Hope this helps, heres a link on facebook to my pictures!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...2&id=685838783