Default Cashless System?

Hi. I read a post where Randymon stated that all Couples Resorts were on a cashless system. If I understand this right any extra we may opt for (spa, scuba, private dinner on beach) we cannot pay for with cash. If this is true thats fine (somewhat strange) we will just bring less cash with us. Can anyone confirm if this is the case. Thanks. We are down to 12 days!!!!! SWEEEEET!!!

That is true. Everything gets charged to your room and you settle up at the end of your stay.
    I believe you can settle your bill in cash.

Everthing like spa and gift shop purchases get charged to your room. Pay at checkout.

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We too were wondering how that would work, but now that we've been since they implemented this, it really is much better, and we liked it. Anything you buy from the gift shop, spa services, etc... you just tell them your room number and they give you a receipt. Before you go checkout, add up your receipts and go to the checkout desk. They will tell your room charges, and it should match up with your receipts, which it did when we went. I'd kept a running total. Then you can either pay up in cash, which is what we did. Or you can use your credit card to pay your balance. It's so much easier than paying as you go, we really think this is a great improvement and works perfectly. So you can still use cash if you desire, but you just pay all at once when you check out.

Everything you may want from the hotel you can charge to your room. When you check in, they do take a credit card imprint. The only cash would be for purchases from vendors on the beach and tips at the spa.

When we were at CSA, there was only one thing at the resort news stand that was cash...

Postage Stamps! If you plan to send postcards back, it was cash only for that. It wasn't a problem (the stamp to mail a standard card back to the US was about sixty cents USD), but I did have to go back to the room for the cash. (Besides, it's fun to have a postcard with a $50 stamp on it, and tell folks back home how costly it is to send them the card! )

Now, if they could just get Elvis and the rest of the beach vendors into the cashless system . . .
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Cashless is fine by us. We already charge anything and everything possible as it stands - airline miles baby!!

And the cool part is we never pay a penny of personal interest either, and haven't done so since the revised tax laws went into effect back in '86.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Can you charge tips for the spa staff?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdawnNH View Post
    Hi. I read a post where Randymon stated that all Couples Resorts were on a cashless system. If I understand this right any extra we may opt for (spa, scuba, private dinner on beach) we cannot pay for with cash. If this is true thats fine (somewhat strange) we will just bring less cash with us. Can anyone confirm if this is the case. Thanks. We are down to 12 days!!!!! SWEEEEET!!!
    ...The only thing we needed cash for was tips on the Catamaran Cruise (they also sold items from nice cover ups to Conch Shells), and beach vendors.

Jen -

No... you cannot charge tips to your room. I'd look it up if I knew where to look for it, but I don't. But I do recall seeing this addressed.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

CSA is cashless and we did pay the final bill in cash; but be sure you have smaller bills. It was early when we left and Orville couldn't break a $100.....I did have smaller bills to use.