Hybrid View

Default CSA - Make-Up and other Wedding Questions

I am getting married at CSA May 14th at 10am and have many questions.

1. I can not decide what to do about make-up. Has anyone had there make-up done at the salon at CSA? Did they do a good job? Do they go overboard with a lot of make up? I wear make-up everyday, but not a lot. I am looking for that same natural look, with a possibility of a little more. Nothing dramitic though since it is a beach wedding.
    If I decide to do my own make-up does anyone have any recommendations of what type and brand of foundation, eye liner, eye shadow, blush, etc. to use so I do not sweat the make-up away with the heat? I am thinking if the salon does not go overboard and does a good job it is better to spend the $35 there instead of buying about $35-$50 on make-up that will last in the heat.

2. Does anyone have pictures of their bouquets? I am not sure I like the standard bouquet they offer and do not know if I want to make it myself and bring on plane, or buy an upgraded bouquet at the resort. If you have made your bouquet, do the airlines have a problem bringing them on board?

3. Any requests for music during the ceremony? Also, how many songs do we need to supply.

4. Has anyone done a 1st dance after their wedding and cake? It is most likely going to be just the 2 of us and I would love to have a 1st dance as husband and wife after the wedding, cake, and champagn. Should we just provide this song with the other wedding music and talk to the wedding coordinator about this?

Any other advice and pictures of your weddings would be helpful! I love having all the advice and pictures to look at in helping us plan our wedding/honeymoon. If you want my email to send pictures more private let me know and I will provide that.
    Last edited by melissa2010; February 10th, 2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: change title

I had my makeup done there, and they did a good job. I don't know that I would pay to have it done again, as I would just do it myself... but I wear makeup everyday (though not heavy). What I wore outside of the wedding was Bare Minerals.

I'll attach a pic of my bouqet - I think I paid about $50 for it. It was an upgraded one, but I thought it was perfect. Also attached are a few pics so you can see my makeup.

We didn't pick out any music, they were going to provide it for us. However, at the last minute my husband hired a guitar player on the beach to play for us. I will say we watched a wedding the day before ours to see how it went, and they had picked out a raggae version of Over the Rainbow which was awesome... and perfect I thought. We ended up having our first dance right there after the ceremony just because my husband was being spontaneous and having fun. However they are very willing to work with you - just ask. My only suggestion would be to have it at your ceremony location, as that is where they have the music player set up. You will go to the gardens to have your cake and champagne. I have attached a few pics for you, if you want more, let me know. We got married there last March.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Quote Originally Posted by kdbcrb View Post
    I had my makeup done there, and they did a good job. I don't know that I would pay to have it done again, as I would just do it myself... but I wear makeup everyday (though not heavy). What I wore outside of the wedding was Bare Minerals.

I'll attach a pic of my bouqet - I think I paid about $50 for it. It was an upgraded one, but I thought it was perfect. Also attached are a few pics so you can see my makeup.

We didn't pick out any music, they were going to provide it for us. However, at the last minute my husband hired a guitar player on the beach to play for us. I will say we watched a wedding the day before ours to see how it went, and they had picked out a reaggae version of Over the Rainbow which was awesome... and perfect I thought. We ended up having our first dance right there after the ceremony just because my husband was being spontaneous and having fun. However they are very willing to work with you - just ask. My only suggestion would be to have it at your ceremony location, as that is where they have the music player set up. You will go to the gardens to have your cake and champagne. I have attached a few pics for you, if you want more, let me know. We got married there last March.
    Is your dress Ivory? My dress is Ivory and I'm having a hard time finding accessories. I can't really tell from the pics what color your accessories are. Also, I hear what you are saying about the makeup. That is really where I'm on the fence. If the salon is doing simple makeup that I can do myself, is it really worth paying for. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

KDBCRB,
    I would love to see more pics. Can you post them please?
    Thanks

Hello,
    I was just wondering if you could post more pics or can you send them to my email bbeukeman@yahoo.com?? Did you bring your own make up?? I'm getting married 06/22/2010 at CTI, I'm not sure if I should do my own make up or have it done. What photographer did you use?? Your pics look really nice.

kdbcrb,
    You wedding was beautiful!

We were married there Oct 08 and Georgette at the Spa did my hair and make up. She did a wonderful job. Not too much and it didn't 'melt' on my face. Congrats!!!

mstravelbug, what kind of accessories are you looking for? My dress was also ivory and i wore pearls (all the way down to my barefoot sandals!). As for the make-up...like I said, they do good...but honestly, the only reason I had it done was because it was on my registry and someone bought it. I could have and would have done it myself (I wear MAC) if they hadn't purchased it for me! Congrats and good luck to everyone!

Melissa2010-
    Hello! I booked that exact wedding date and time, but for 2011. So- I was wondering if you could contact me once you get back and give me a play by play on the wedding day.
    I would really appreciate it!!
    My personal email is raquell_03@hotmail.com.
    Congrats! Not too much longer for you and your soon to be husband!