Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pool Hours CN

Default Pool Hours CN

The most recent TA review of CN says that the pools and jacuzzis are closed after 7 PM. Is this true? I was looking forward to some night trips to the hot tub.

We have often seen people in the pool and jacuzzis after dinner. I've never known people tobe chased away.

The only time the pools are closed is in the early morning hours when they are cleaning them. We have taken many evening swims. The pools do clear out around 7pm, but they aren't closed. People are just at dinner.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We saw people in both at night. I think they only close when they are treating them. Have a wonderful trip. CN is amazing!

The main pool is closed near that time for cleaning. People often mistakenly post that pools are open 24 hours. We've seen people in the pool later at night when it is reopened. The Jacuzzis are available at all times except when closed for cleaning and they don't seem to be on any particular schedule, though it is most often in the very early AM and they only do 1 at a time.

There's a sign posted with pool rules, including pool hours, but in my experience in our 12 stays at CN, the hours rule isn't enforced, and people do use the pool in the evening. However, it's at the resort center, and people will be walking around going to and from dinner.

There is a better option to the main pool at night. There is a smaller pool and a hot tub right next to the water sports hut (between Buildings 1 and 5). This pool and hot tub are much more secluded and private and, in my opinion, a better option for nighttime swims. Enjoy.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

You could go whenever you wanted when we were there in November....not sure what is up with that?!?!?!

Never believe a TA review.. The pools and hot tubs are open 24/7. The only time they are closed is when they ae cleaning or treating them

Looks like the pool closes at 7:00 PM, but the Jacuzzis stay open all night. This picture was taken in January 2010.

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

When we were there 4-08 we got in the hot tub around 11 or 12pm and nobody said anything. We will be back this April and can't wait.
    Cole and Bry
    Texas

Ditto - we're going in November and I've been very excited about night swims and soaks in the hot tub with a frozen drink!!

there goes my midnight swim

No this is not true at all. They are open until very early in the morning when they are closed by maintence to be cleaned and then reopen again.

We were able to use the AN hot tub whenever we wanted to.
    Lucy

neals79

Don't believe everything you read on Trip Advisor! The only time the main pool and hot tubs are closed is when they are being cleaned.

You will find in time that you will read posts on TA that do nothing but attack Couples Resorts or paint a bad picture.

When you want the truth all you need to do is ask the question on this message board.

Who better to ask than the guests themselves!

You will spend many wonderful nights in a hot tub at CN. We did every night we were there.

That's what the signs said at ALL hot tubs when we were there this past week.

A group of people filled the hot tub behind Watersports for a party almost every night - but the hot tubs by the pool were not used, nor was the pool. Don't know about the hot tub on the AN side.

We had hoped to swim in the pool after dinner - but, no!

Yes, this is true - they perform pool maintenance during the evenings so that everything is ready for the morning!

I know what the sign says, but I can tell you that we have been swimming in the pool at night after dinner. There was one night that a whole bunch of us hung out in the hot tub closest to the Helconia resturant, when we got to hot we went swimming in the pool.

Last year when we were there, there was 3 or 4 couples that were still playing in the pool even after the vendors had set up on the pool deck for the evening. They were out there until late in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    Don't believe everything you read on Trip Advisor.....

...You will find in time that you will read posts on TA that do nothing but attack Couples Resorts or paint a bad picture.
    This is only partially true. While I don't post there too often these days (I mean, how can you beat this message board??), I still like to read up on the Negril and Ocho forums every now and then. Rarely does anyone 'attack' Couples. I'm guessing it's like that because if they do, there's going to be a swarm of Couples defenders counteracting any slams. Surely the Evil Empire loyalists know better by now, because any time a thread results in a head-head comparison, Couples wins hands down every time. Ya gotta love it.

You may still find the occasional bad review in the hotel review section of TA, and you can tell when reading them whether they're being sincere with their criticism or simply sabatoging for the sake of bringing down the rating's average. That to me is where any hating comes into play. Otherwise, Couples seems to receive tremendous upside whenever it's mentioned in the forums.

And perhaps therein lies the problem, as the key word is WHEN. The TA forums, both for Negril and Ocho, are overwhelmingly dominated by posters who stay at either the Evil Empire or the R resorts. So it's not that Couples is being bagged on, they simply don't receive a lot of ink, period.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

At one time the sign only stated it was closed from 7PM-9PM - see below, which somewhat contradicts the sign in Wally's picture (near the hot tub by block 6) but as others have noted, they're not heavily enforced anyway.

Note the pool is also empty in this picture because they were resurfacing it - a very rare occurrence (once in 10 years).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by rudi; February 11th, 2010 at 02:12 PM.

Shhhhhhhhhh BlondieNC you are not supposed to tell everyone about that hot tub, even though my wife and I were in there a few nights at 11PM Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ( lloks like we were there almost the same time we were there until Feb 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieNC View Post
    That's what the signs said at ALL hot tubs when we were there this past week.

A group of people filled the hot tub behind Watersports for a party almost every night - but the hot tubs by the pool were not used, nor was the pool. Don't know about the hot tub on the AN side.

We had hoped to swim in the pool after dinner - but, no!

The rules are likely there to protect guests. If people are in the pool really late making a bunch of noise, it gives staff the right to kick them out.
    So if you aren't loud then you will have no problem. My husband and I used the pools and hot tubs every night, and it was fabulous! We will actually never stay at a resort that closes the pools at night! We are going back next year and I cannot wait!
    Enjoy your nightly swim!!!

HA! The sign said closed but we opened it at 2 Am unitl 430 am for a swim

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    neals79

Don't believe everything you read on Trip Advisor! The only time the main pool and hot tubs are closed is when they are being cleaned.

You will find in time that you will read posts on TA that do nothing but attack Couples Resorts or paint a bad picture.

When you want the truth all you need to do is ask the question on this message board.

Who better to ask than the guests themselves!
    Quick question if your above statement is true then what should a person belive if they encounter a series of positive review for a couples property on TA ignore them and consider them BS ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast