Default CSA Restaurants - Reservations for Large groups?

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Im am hoping to get married at CSA sometime around Feb 2011 and will have around 12 guest joining us. Im a little concerned about the dining. How difficult is it to get reservations for large groups in the restaurants? I would like to be able to eat in the evening with everyone and dont want to be confined to the buffet restaurant! I have read some reviews that said unless you book as soon as you arrive you cant get a table in the speciality restaurants. I can only imagine that we would struggle in a large group? Any advice or experiences more than welcome and thanks again for reading this.
    Last edited by Princess2803; January 8th, 2010 at 02:37 PM.

The resort caters to Couples and you generally won't see tables bigger than for 4 to 6 people.

It IS Couples... if you do this, I'm sure you will be respectful of others who are COUPLES and trying to have a romantic quiet dinner... and your large group would be nice and quiet?

Not meaning to offend, just saying to remember everyone else will be there at tables for two... sometimes 4 if two couples are dining together, but for the most part it's two at a table and quiet and romantic.

We have just returned from CN. My daughter had her wedding there and we were also a party of 12. Everyone at the resort was very accomodating as they would move tables together etc.. but I will say 12 was almost too much for them. Just ask, they will accomodate, and go with the flow. We all had a wonderful time.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiGal04 View Post
    It IS Couples... if you do this, I'm sure you will be respectful of others who are COUPLES and trying to have a romantic quiet dinner... and your large group would be nice and quiet?

Not meaning to offend, just saying to remember everyone else will be there at tables for two... sometimes 4 if two couples are dining together, but for the most part it's two at a table and quiet and romantic.
    I hope you don't take this response the wrong way. There was a post recently about a LARGE group that was drunk and loud and very disruptive and I am sure that is why this person responded this way. Most people don't have to be told to be respectful of couples. I have never been to CSA but have been to CN. I would think the group will have to break off into fours and sixes though because it is set up that way. Please don't let any responses like this deter you from choosing a location that will be absolutely PERFECT for your wedding. You may just have to adjust some expectations on all of you eating every meal together and you will enjoy the best trip of your life. I hope you have the best time of your life on the biggest day of your life!

Default First of all, congratulations on your wedding.

We were at CSA on a couple of occasions attending the Fantasy Tennis Camp. This was a group of perhaps two dozen people in all. We had a "group dinner" the last evening on camp. It was held in a special room...as I recall...near Patois. You might contact Couples directly and see if you could have a group gathering there. It worked out very well for all of us. The rest of the time, our group would simply pull chairs together in Palms at breakfast or lunch. I must say, that after hours in the sun playing tennis, we were NOT a rowdy crowd.. we were too tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess2803 View Post
    Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Im am hoping to get married at CSA sometime around Feb 2011 and will have around 12 guest joining us. Im a little concerned about the dining. How difficult is it to get reservations for large groups in the restaurants? I would like to be able to eat in the evening with everyone and dont want to be confined to the buffet restaurant! I have read some reviews that said unless you book as soon as you arrive you cant get a table in the speciality restaurants. I can only imagine that we would struggle in a large group? Any advice or experiences more than welcome and thanks again for reading this.
    princess if you cant sit together for dinner just pick a meeting after dinner place like the piano bar with 12 people strong you should be able lock up the piano bar and create your own party same with the beach .. enjoy your trip and have a blast

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. We have decided to go with CSA and I cant wait. We talked it over and came to the conclusion that we'll just meet up after dinner, but its nice to know that they will accomodate a table 6 if they can, we'll more than likely all eat at different times anyway! Thank you all again for your input and I truly cant wait for the experience of Couples Swept Away.