Default Wedding Day Makeup Concerns

My wedding is in a couple months and ladies I need help! I'm using the salon at CSA for hair but don't have a lot of faith in the salon doing my makeup. I really don't know enough about makeup to try and do my own. And this is a big day so I want my makeup to look great. I've contact a salon in Negril about doing my makeup and possibly my hair. The thing is I have not heard back from the salon. So I'm getting a little worried. I desperately need some options or a backup plan. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hiya
    I've heard that MAC are really good and if you see a consultant then they can teach you how to do your make up in a way that you like it. Why dont you try that? It may make you feel a bit more confident in doing your own make up..
    I'm planning on doing my own make up becuase I just don't trust anybody else to do it! But I'm hopefully going to try and find a consultant on a beauty counter somewhere that can give me some tips...expecially on eyelashes as I want false lashes or something and I have never been able to apply them myself so I need help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Hiya
    I've heard that MAC are really good and if you see a consultant then they can teach you how to do your make up in a way that you like it. Why dont you try that? It may make you feel a bit more confident in doing your own make up..
    I'm planning on doing my own make up becuase I just don't trust anybody else to do it! But I'm hopefully going to try and find a consultant on a beauty counter somewhere that can give me some tips...expecially on eyelashes as I want false lashes or something and I have never been able to apply them myself so I need help!
    This will be my backup plan. We have a ton of MAC stores where I live. I'm thinking about getting my lashes done at home before arriving. They should hold up for 2 days until the wedding.

I just ordered a bunch of MAC make up to do my own. I am having the salon do my hair but I MUST do my own wake up or else I will feel like a clown. I reccommend doing your own make up with some really nice make up like MAC. I am sure you wont be disappointed as long as you are using something other than cover girl! MAC IS GREAT!!! Just the powder/foundation mix alone will make you look like a million bucks!

Hi Ladies,

I see your wee discussion above and thought i would let you know my views.

Me and my husband married at CTI in June 2009, we are from the UK, and it was only the two of us that went.

I wore Elizabeth Arden Mineral powder, an urban decay natural eye colour called scratch, a tiny bit of mac eyeliner and some lip gloss.

To be honest, we got there on the monday and amarried on the saturday, so i was all tanned and freckly, so didnt really need makeup, i just didnt want to look shiny.

To anyone stressing over lots of make up i would say to seriously think about the humidity, to be honest in my opinion, if you were to go for a full face of makeup it would have slid to your chin before you say 'i do'!

anyway, before you all think, god bet shes a size 0 model, im not! just a naturaly curly brown haired, green eyed irish girl! oh, and a size 16!

Heres a link to my pictures and you can see for yourselves, for me the natural look is best!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...2&id=685838783

crazyweecheerleader

I love your wedding photos! They are absolutely beautiful.... Thanks for sharing. I posted some comments on your facebook so check em' out

Just to chime in on this one ladies, Mac makes a product called "Prep-n-prime". One of them is a face primer with a TON of SPF(50) and I can attest to the fact that it makes your face makeup INDELIBLE. I wore it all day at Disney World in August and at the end of the day, my face makeup was still on and looked GOOD. Give it a go. Perfect for the heat and sun.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    Just to chime in on this one ladies, Mac makes a product called "Prep-n-prime". One of them is a face primer with a TON of SPF(50) and I can attest to the fact that it makes your face makeup INDELIBLE. I wore it all day at Disney World in August and at the end of the day, my face makeup was still on and looked GOOD. Give it a go. Perfect for the heat and sun.
    Thanks for the tip, will look into it

I used the resort (CTI) spa lady to do my makeup. Her name escapes me right now. If I remember it, I will definitely post it. She did a great job. I did HOWEVER, use my own makeup. I primarily use MAC products. The colors that the spa had on hand and in abundance didn't fit my skin tone. But her application process was fine.

I was going to have my makeup done at the salon, but had bought a bunch of stuff for the wedding, and didn't want to pay. Another bride had her makeup done, and hers turned out beautiful. The salon does a really good job!

We just got married at CSA in September and I had the spa do my hair and makeup. I had no complaints or concerns whatsoever and they did a fantastic job on both. I couldn't imagine having to have gone further than the resort spa on my wedding day.

Photos are at gettingmarriedinjamaica.com

I just got married at CSA last month. I went to Sephora back home and had a makeup artist do my makeup. She showed me exactly how to do it and wrote it down. I practiced a few times before. My favorite product was by Urban Decay...it was a makeup setter - your makeup does not melt! Our wedding was during Tomas and we got soaked by some big waves during pictures...my makeup didn't budge!
    Also, I brought lashes from the states and had my stylist at the salon at CSA apply them. They worked fine!