Thread: Make up Advice

Default Make up Advice

I am in need of a little advice ladies! I have a little less than 3 months till we leave for our weddingmoon.
    I am getting married at CSA in May and I am having trouble deciding what to do concerning make up. Has anyone had there make-up done at the salon at CSA? Did they do a good job? Do they go overboard with a lot of make up? I wear make-up everyday, but not a lot. I am looking for that same natural look, with a possibility of a little more. Nothing dramitic though since it is a beach wedding.
    If I decide to do my own make-up does anyone have any recommendations of what type and brand of foundation, eye liner, eye shadow, blush, etc. to use so I do not sweat the make-up away with the heat? I am thinking if the salon does not go overboard and does a good job it is better to spend the $35 there instead of buying about $35-$50 on make-up that will last in the heat.
    Please help

Just bring pictures of what you like and want, I was in a friends wedding and we did our own wedding it was stressful so for my weddding I will be getting my makeup done, never had it done at CSA but I have had it done at CTI and loved how natural and fresh I looked......

Thank you for your advice! I think I am leaning towards getting it done at the resort. I am sure they are good at doing what the bride wants and not go overboard with the make-up. Plus I know it will last all day in that Jamaican heat

I would suggest you search the MB. There are a ton of threads on this topic. I have mixed feelings about having my makeup done at the salon for my May wedding. Just read other reviews and look at pictures on this board.

When are you getting married Melissa? We are getting married May 8th. I was having trouble with the make-up too! I was gonna buy MAC and do it myself because I am scared they will not do a good job.

We are getting married May 14th at 10am. I went ahead and made a make-up appointment at the salon. I figured if I let them know what I am looking for and bring some pictures they will do a good job. I don't want to be stressed that morning figuring out how to put my make-up on and not have it melt away

We are getting married May 10th at 10 am! (83 days to go...) I have decided to do my own makeup but will be getting my hair done at the salon. I think I will see several other May brides (and weddings!) during our weddingmoon!

Quote Originally Posted by ortegariver5 View Post
    We are getting married May 10th at 10 am! (83 days to go...) I have decided to do my own makeup but will be getting my hair done at the salon. I think I will see several other May brides (and weddings!) during our weddingmoon!
    I'm one of the May brides :-) May 18th at 10am!! CAN'T WAIT!

Me too! May 12th @ CN! I'm also on the fence about the makeup thing. I think I will bring my own but think I will check out other brides the day before the wedding and see what their makeup looked like!