Default Debbie is going to kill me!!

I changed my wedding time from 2 to 11 and now I am wondering if I made the right choice. I wanted to get married at 4 but that was taken so I chose the next available time slot of 2 pm. Then I read where everyone said to get married in the morning so I changed it. The day I am picturing does not go well with getting married at 11. I wanted it late in the day so we could go directly to dinner and nightlife!! THIS IS CONSUMING MY BRAIN AND I AM A FULL TIME COLLEGE STUDENT AND I CANT GET ANY WORK DONE!!! lol Should I go back to 2 pm???

Oh boy, I would keep the 11am slot. I thing 2 p.m. will be very hot. You could plan something for your guests to do during the day. I am thinking of a catamaran cruise.

I am sure Debbie is so use to us brides changing our minds

Quote Originally Posted by AHammon View Post
    I changed my wedding time from 2 to 11 and now I am wondering if I made the right choice. I wanted to get married at 4 but that was taken so I chose the next available time slot of 2 pm. Then I read where everyone said to get married in the morning so I changed it. The day I am picturing does not go well with getting married at 11. I wanted it late in the day so we could go directly to dinner and nightlife!! THIS IS CONSUMING MY BRAIN AND I AM A FULL TIME COLLEGE STUDENT AND I CANT GET ANY WORK DONE!!! lol Should I go back to 2 pm???
    What day is your wedding?

That's funny, I have been having a very similar dilemma......I am getting married in November and I was trying to decide between 11am and 4pm. I did get the 4pm time slot (for the same reasons you mentioned) But if I had to choose between 11 & 2, I still think 11am has advantages. I have never been to CSA but I imagine the beach would be more "lively" at 2pm onward then 11am. Remember people may be drinking and louder later in the day then at 11am....and rightly so!!!!!! And perhaps it would be quieter still with everyone getting ready for lunch? Maybe some veterans could shed some light here. Also, I have heard the water is bluer, calmer in the morning (makes for better life-lasting photos) and the sun less hot. You don't want to be dripping!

Plus you will have the whole day to enjoy your new marriage as opposed to just night activities. After your wedding, you will have pictures and perhaps go for lunch...you can have some bevvies, have a "siesta" with your new hubby, relax in the shade, you can always put your dress back on for dinner reservations and partying. I guess it depends on how many guests you have as to how you want to spend the day. You can stay together or meet up with them again for dinner.

But if the 3 hours difference is really making you cringe....just plan out the day both ways and then follow your gut! I'm sure it will work out either way! Other brides make it happen and are happy with the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by mstravelbug View Post
    What day is your wedding?
    THursday May 20th

Thursday May 20th!!

Ms. Wed-Ting Guest

Hello Ladies = ) Please don't worry if you need or want to change your time. This is what I'm here for. Please don't ever hesitate to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Wed-Ting View Post
    Hello Ladies = ) Please don't worry if you need or want to change your time. This is what I'm here for. Please don't ever hesitate to contact me.
    Debbie is that you?

Do not change your wedding time! Trust me, I watched two 2:00pm weddings get rained on! The 11am is fine! We got married at 10, got done with pics around 1:00, went on a catermeran cruise around 3:00 which was amazing and we watched the sunset on the way back in around 5:30-6:00ish. Thehn we all got ready for dinner and enjoyed the night life! You'll love it, I promise. Don't over think things, it's Jamaica!

Quote Originally Posted by AHammon View Post
    I would have went with the morning based off of the messages I have seen on here. So, I think you made a good choice and you should stick with it.
    My fiance and I are planning on getting married at CSA May 14, 2011. So I was wondering if you could put a review on here after you return from your wedding? I was wondering what it will be like in May as far as weather and temperature for a morning wedding. I'd appreciate any help as I am trying to plan this as early as possible.
    Congrats on your soon-to-be wedding!

I absolutely will post lots of things when we get back!! Pics, weather and our experience. I have decided to leave it for 11!!