Default Our CTI Review with Comparisons to CSA

My husband and I just returned from 10 glorious days at CTI. We went knowing that CTI would be very different from CSA but kept an open mind. We were not disappointed at all. Although these two resorts are completely different in landscape, the service, food, accommodations, etc. are still consistent between the two. Couples does a wonderful job and that is why we keep returning.

Fist some staff that need a special thanks: Otis, Glenroy, Javian, Kirk, Colin, Lloyd, Maxine, Pauline, Sean, and Mr. Henry himself. You all made our visit so special and we will never forget how welcome you made us feel.

We met some wonderful people who will likely be life-long friends. Because of the set up of CTI (compared to CSA), the centre of the resort is the "pulse" if you will. So you tend to meet the same people more frequently for that very reason. We really liked that aspect. We really like the privacy of the beach area as you didn't have people constantly hounding you to buy things or rent jet skis, etc. There were always plenty of sunbeds and plenty of shade to be found if you wanted it. All of the restaurants were excellent. The excursion offered were very good. The spa is lovely and we took advantage of the hot tub and steam room on a regular basis.

All in all, I would have a very difficult time choosing between CSA and CTI the next time we book. They are both wonderful in their own way.

Some comparisons: CTI is much quieter (not as many large wedding parties creating loads of noise), it is more private than CSA, the staff truly get to know you and make a point of checking in with you regularly where at CSA we didn't find that as much. However, CSA has a much nicer beach and the ocean floor is much softer. You can walk out quite a distance at CSA before the water level rises where at CTI it drops off quite quickly and tends to be rocky. We do like the ambiance of CSA as it is more rustic versus the bright clean colours of CTI. Not a negative, just a personal preference. CSA has a much larger gym which is important to us.

If you have any questions feel free to post and I'll reply.

Thank you Couples for yet another outstanding vacation. We hope to return next year.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Quote Originally Posted by gravysgal View Post
    . . . . CSA has a much larger gym which is important to us. . . .
    I like that both the gym and the studio at CTI are in enclosed, air-conditioned facilities. I really dislike that the gym (w/ cardio equipment and weights) at CSA and the studio at CN and CSS are open air. I've seen people get sick on numerous occasions while using the open-air facilities.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Glad to hear you liked it. Vacation is about so much more than a large beach. CTI is great.

Nice, honest review Sharon - many thanks. Again, the incredible staff seems to be a dominant feature with most reviews for CTI.

I'm mildly surprised at reading that in comparing noise-wise, CTI is the quieter of the two properties. As you said, it's layout is such that the center of the resort serves as a focal point. You would think this would generate more social activity, which would then equate to more noise. But then again, CSA seems to have developed a bit of a rep for attracting larger groups such as wedding parties, so this obviously plays a role.

Good stuff!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Regarding the gym: I agree that the enclosed gym with air conditioning is a plus, but the problem is it isn't big enough. When we were there the cardio equipment was always in use and often we would have to come back later on to work out (not a deal breaker, just inconvenient). At CSA we would go over early in the morning before it got too hot out and never had an issue.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the evening entertainment wasn't as good at CTI as it was at CSA. Again, not a deal breaker, but just a comparison having been to both now.

The beach doesn't make a vacation that much is true, but comparatively speaking, the swimming is better at CSA and we spent more time floating in the ocean at CSA which we enjoyed.

Like I said, each resort has a charm of its' own and we love both. We would likely love Sans Souci and Couples Negril, but we haven't tried them yet.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

CTI Beach - You said it's rocky. Is it to rocky where it's uncomfortable? We are planning a Trip there in August for our honeymoon. We were debating between CTI and CSS.

Yes, the studio aerobics room @ CSS is open air,but the cardio room (weights,treadmills,bikes etc etc ) is enclosed and airconditioned

The beach isn't rocky, however the ocean floor tends to be rocky in places. If the ocean is calm and clear you can navigate around them, but if it is rough you won't be able to see where they are. The beach itself is lovely. I don't think you will be disappointed if you book at CTI for your honeymoon. It is a fabulous resort.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Sharon -

So glad you guys enjoyed yourselves.... Seriously, if they put CSA's fitness center across the street at CTI, we'd stay there instead. Hope you are having fun back in the cold and snow.

Vee

It just goes to show just how different people are in what they want out of a holiday. A fitness centre would not even be on my list of wants for my holiday and would be the last thing i would be thinking about using. This is why it is so good that the Couples resorts are so different from each other and can cater for just about everybody.

Gravysgal,

Nice review, we had the same feeling after 2 trips to CN when we tried CSS! Almost had to flip a coin, but decided to even things up and return to CSS in April.

Good luck next trip, maybe try a third Couples resort?