Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: single brothers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default single brothers

    Hi everyone,

    Just looking for advice on how I might handle my wedding guests. I have two couples (my parents and brother + wife) and two single brothers. I've heard about getting a single approved just for the wedding, but wondering if I can just have my two single brothers bunk up together. I would like them all to be able to stay for about 3 days, so they can enjoy a short vacation too, but don't want family to stay too long since this is our honeymoon

    Can anyone suggest a reasonable hotel in a safe/clean area near the CN resort that I could give them as an option? Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    371

    Default

    why can't they jsut share a room? The resort doesn't have to know they're brothers. For all they know.. they're dating... and thats allowed! I would book one room for the two of them and make them sleep in the same bed... i mean.. they came out of the same womb for goodness sake!

  3. #3

    Default Re

    Yes, have them stay in the same room. They can share the bed or take turns sleeping in the bed---I'm sure they won't mind after the all inclusive drinks they will have throughout the day

    If they stay elsewhere, they will have to pay to visit you ($200 for a full day---even on your wedding day)

    I wish we had this problem. We have singles that have to pay a double room rate for our wedding.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Thanks for the advice. I will just have them stay together.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    469

    Default

    The beds are big enough they probably would not know each other is there.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashntommy View Post
    why can't they jsut share a room? The resort doesn't have to know they're brothers. For all they know.. they're dating... and thats allowed! I would book one room for the two of them and make them sleep in the same bed... i mean.. they came out of the same womb for goodness sake!
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. I remember reading on the old message board that a lot of people had trouble with that and the resort highly frowns upon it. Jamaica is a different country and has a different culture and different rules. Not to mention, I'm sure you're not the first person to ever try this. I'm sure you can still read about it on the old message board if you look. Honestly, I think you'd be much better off just telling the truth, not to mention I'm sure the resort and the people there will notice they're not dating. When our friends got married at CSS a couple of years ago, they had a single girl friend and a single guy friend stay in a room together and act like a couple. Not only didn't people realize they weren't a couple b/c they were hardly affectionate and it's just obvious who's romantically involved and who's not, but some couples went and complained on them to the resort. I'm not trying to come across rude but I can't say I blame them one bit, Couples is a couples resort, it's part of the atmosphere. People go there for that reason so I think people should be considerate of that factor as well. I can't figure out why people plan their weddings at a Couples resort and then want to sneak in single guests, why not just go to a Sandals?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    we informed CN of the fact that i had a few singles that were in my wedding party and that we wanted them to stay at the hotel with us. They did accomodate us, however the prices were much steeper.........they will work with you though!!!

  8. #8

    Default Re

    @brittanystar

    Because S looks dirty and "people" want to get married at a classy resort, such as, Couples.

    I don't see the big deal with Singles coming to the wedding and therefore staying at the resort. If anything the "single" is the most uncomfortable because they are looking at all the couples in-love.

    Your brothers don't have to pretend to "be together." It can be known that they are brothers and sharing a room. I have personally spoken to a couples representative on the phone who handles this and they don't care---as long as the single guests behave appropriately.

    Your brothers will get accepted to stay at the resort and they can room together and they can say they are brothers Have a great time!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brittanystar View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. I remember reading on the old message board that a lot of people had trouble with that and the resort highly frowns upon it. Jamaica is a different country and has a different culture and different rules. Not to mention, I'm sure you're not the first person to ever try this. I'm sure you can still read about it on the old message board if you look. Honestly, I think you'd be much better off just telling the truth, not to mention I'm sure the resort and the people there will notice they're not dating. When our friends got married at CSS a couple of years ago, they had a single girl friend and a single guy friend stay in a room together and act like a couple. Not only didn't people realize they weren't a couple b/c they were hardly affectionate and it's just obvious who's romantically involved and who's not, but some couples went and complained on them to the resort. I'm not trying to come across rude but I can't say I blame them one bit, Couples is a couples resort, it's part of the atmosphere. People go there for that reason so I think people should be considerate of that factor as well. I can't figure out why people plan their weddings at a Couples resort and then want to sneak in single guests, why not just go to a Sandals?
    Brittanystar - is there anyway we can access the old message board I would love to read any of the older information about weddings

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    109

    Default

    I don't remember saying anything about the resort having problems with Singles staying at the resort, I believe I stated the resort would have problems with two people (brothers) acting like they're a couple when they're not. As stated by another poster, the prices for singles are different then they are for couples, so essentially by pretending to be a couple, when you're clearly not, is stealing from the resort and isn't really fair to those who do pay the fee to be a single guest on the resort. That's the problem the couple I referenced in my above post had to deal with, people who paid for their single guests on the resort found out and wanted the extra they paid to be reimbursed. As I stated earlier, she would be better off just telling the truth about it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default Link to Old MB

    Quote Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon View Post
    Brittanystar - is there anyway we can access the old message board I would love to read any of the older information about weddings
    Hi sunstarmoon
    If you look on the right hand side of the couples website when you have the message board open, under the heading 'Support' you should see 'Link to Old MB' (above the little award symbol)

    Hope that helps x

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default Call the Couples 1800 number and ask!

    I am getting married at CSA in October and while we only invited "couples" two of our really good married friends' husbands were going to be unable to attend due to work commitments. The wives decided to travel together. I was worried this would be a problem, but did not want to uninvite them before at least checking with the resort. I called and spoke with a representative that said the two women were welcome to travel as singles and each stay in a single room at the double rate or travel together staying in the same room at the regular couples rate as long as they understood that the room only had one king size bed. I understand that this is frowned upon by some of the couples staying at the resort but I feel as long as the singles/unaccompanied guests are respectful and not trying to pick up someones SO. There should not be a problem.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Hi sunstarmoon
    If you look on the right hand side of the couples website when you have the message board open, under the heading 'Support' you should see 'Link to Old MB' (above the little award symbol)

    Hope that helps x
    Thanks so much, now I have some reading to do lol

  14. #14

    Default

    There are many couples that do have a problem with singles staying at Couples. Some think it simply interferes with the romantic couples atmosphere (as brittanystar briefly mentioned) while others will take it to an extreme and fear it as an infiltration of wild and crazy spring-breakers.

    And to tell you the truth, there is some legitimacy to their concerns. If you haven't been to Couples before, you might not understand, but there is a certain unique sense of a peaceful safeness at Couples not found at other adults-only resorts that allow singles.

    That being said, most people won't even notice a few singles at the resort unless there are issues. My simple suggestions for a single person at Couples:

    1) Don't blatantly make announcements to people that you are single;
    2) Don't hit on any of the guests; and
    3) Stay away from the AN facilities.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    109

    Default

    jamaican_junkie, I couldn't agree more! Thanks for your post!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default

    I completely agree with Brittanystar et al...Couples should only allow couples as is marketed, otherwise the romantic vibe may gradually disappear. I would be very upset if there were a group of singles at the resort for a wedding. I read a post recently where a few young exuberant single guys got on the shuttle from CTI (or CSS) because they were there for a wedding...the post commented on how relieved she was the singles weren't at CSS (or CTI), where they stayed for their vacation. I'm sure her sentiments would be supported by many.

    There are the two "r" resorts on Bloody Bay which are close to Couples. Buy day/wedding passes for those guests who aren't couples and have to stay at another resort. Or, dare I say it, be married at a family resort so all can attend, and have a wonderful honeymoon after at Couples. You can continue to celebrate at Couples every year for your anniversary as well.

    Why some people try to circumvent rules, and think such devious actions are okay, puzzle me. Rules are in place for a reason. Why ruin someone else's vacation? I look forward to my one week tropical getaway every year and have chosen Couples for my own wedding because it's an adult, couples only resort. If I wanted couples, singles, and children at my wedding and along on my entire weddingmoon, I'd get married at a family resort. Enough said.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TravelBug View Post
    I completely agree with Brittanystar et al...Couples should only allow couples as is marketed, otherwise the romantic vibe may gradually disappear. I would be very upset if there were a group of singles at the resort for a wedding. I read a post recently where a few young exuberant single guys got on the shuttle from CTI (or CSS) because they were there for a wedding...the post commented on how relieved she was the singles weren't at CSS (or CTI), where they stayed for their vacation. I'm sure her sentiments would be supported by many.

    There are the two "r" resorts on Bloody Bay which are close to Couples. Buy day/wedding passes for those guests who aren't couples and have to stay at another resort. Or, dare I say it, be married at a family resort so all can attend, and have a wonderful honeymoon after at Couples. You can continue to celebrate at Couples every year for your anniversary as well.

    Why some people try to circumvent rules, and think such devious actions are okay, puzzle me. Rules are in place for a reason. Why ruin someone else's vacation? I look forward to my one week tropical getaway every year and have chosen Couples for my own wedding because it's an adult, couples only resort. If I wanted couples, singles, and children at my wedding and along on my entire weddingmoon, I'd get married at a family resort. Enough said.
    If Couples allows it and accepts payment then it is clinicaly
    [ ] not against the rules
    [ ]not devious
    Couples has an obligation to it guests as well as its stakeholders. It is a tough balancing act which i think they do a wonderful job.
    Let me pose this question to you lets say the week you are booked there is a wedding with 14 people ( 7 rooms ) or approx 3% of the resort. Now instead of "selling" the room to the wedding folks Couples decided to hit you up for a 3% sir charge to make up the lost revenue. How quick would you be the pay that sir charge?
    Bottom line Couples is a for profit business and walking a thin line to balance the needs of the core clientel and the books is not an easy task

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •