Thread: resort DVD

Default resort DVD

Does anyone have a sample of their wedding video the resort took on youtube or somewhere? I am trying to decide if I want to go with digital memories or the resort for the dvd. I have seen the sample of digital memories and absolutly love it. I have heard the resort dvd is a little cheesy, so I was curious if anyone had it posted on youtube to view so I can make my decision.

Thanks!

Melissa,

I have seen the resort DVD and have read were others agree with what I'm about to say. The DVD is very generic looking and honestly, looks like its from the 80's. The DVD I got from Diana was like a little motion feature. Very well put together. There's video footage of me getting ready, my hubby waiting for me, and then me walking down the aisle and the whole ceremony itself. Then there's a pretty slideshow of photos with the music we brought on a CD. We played it at our reception and everyone loved it!

That's what I keep hearing. But unfortunatly we are running short on our budget and really can't afford Diana. I think we might just try and find a couple who wouldn't mind video tapping our ceremony, cake cutting, champage, and us getting photos taken by the resort photographer. Then we can either do that for them as well or something to thank them for their help. Do you think we could find someone to do that for us at the resort? Then my fiance can edit it with music and photos after we get home for our reception.

You know what you could do? I took all of our wedding photos and downloaded Windows Movie Maker. And it took me about a month or so but I put together a really awesome DVD of just using our wedding and trip photos. It's like a live-time album. Just and idea...

We got the resort DVD and are very happy with it. We did not feel that it was cheesy at all. The only issue with having another guest tape the wedding is that when you buy it with the resort they put security around the perimeter to ensure that no one walks in your video such as vendors if you do not purchase the DVD they do not do this for you. Everyone who has seen our DVD has expressed how nice it is. But it is ultimately your choice. I understand the money thing we did not even consider getting an outside vendor. We did however find another guest who took duplicate pics of us so we have every picture the photographer took

Quote Originally Posted by brittanystar View Post
    You know what you could do? I took all of our wedding photos and downloaded Windows Movie Maker. And it took me about a month or so but I put together a really awesome DVD of just using our wedding and trip photos. It's like a live-time album. Just and idea...
    Love your recommendation. I've never thought of doing that before but its a good idea since I have a small budget to work with.

Well you can download Windows Movie Maker for free and it is really simple to use and very cool! It's not like a slideshow or powerpoint, it's like an actual movie of photos, if that makes sense. It's got so many different features and different things you can do to it and edit how ever you want and add music however you'd like. We made ours like a storybook, and had pics of us dating, byuing our first home, getting engaged, then the wedding, then some of the fun pics from our trip! Everyone loved it and I actually had 3 people have me make them movies after seeing ours. This is such an inexpensive way to make a beautiful keepsake of your special day!

Jmca_0704 do you have a sample of your video? We are debating whether to let the resort film the wedding or try and find a guest to record it for us. Thanks for your help!