Default CTI vs CSA pools?

We are newbies and are looking to book our first AI vacation. I am impressed with what I have read about Couples and am trying to decide between CSA and CTI. Can someone comment at the pools at CTI and CSA? My husband and I enjoy the warmth and relaxed atmosphere of the islands, but we are not really beach/sand people. We much prefer to hang out at the pool (and sometimes the pool bar) while enjoying the view of the ocean.
    Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by cjc View Post
    We are newbies and are looking to book our first AI vacation. I am impressed with what I have read about Couples and am trying to decide between CSA and CTI. Can someone comment at the pools at CTI and CSA? My husband and I enjoy the warmth and relaxed atmosphere of the islands, but we are not really beach/sand people. We much prefer to hang out at the pool (and sometimes the pool bar) while enjoying the view of the ocean.
    Thanks for your help!
    Fellow newb here. My wife and I are kind of the same way - more pool and activities oriented as opposed to just laying on the beach, altho living in California and about a 30 minute drive from the water, we do like to sometimes get up early, drive out to the beach and take a nice leisurely stroll.

I think if hanging by the pool is the dominant feature that you want out of your stay, then CTI may be your choice. They recently completed a $30m renovation, including the refurbishment of the main pool and installing the 2nd pool with the swim-up bar. Both are centrally located and serve as primary focal points for the resort. I'll let the CSA folks counterpoint with the pools there. It seems most descriptions from this resort tend to focus more on its fabulous beach.

Now OTOH, if you like the idea of staying in Negril, but still want to be pool-oriented, have you considered CN? It has the largest pool of all the Couples properties and like CTI, it too is centrally located and serves as a focal point of the resort. It's just one of many reasons we chose both CTI and CN as our destinations when we make our Jamaica debut this April.

I wish you the best regardless of which resort you select, and be happy with the comfort of knowing whichever one you choose, you can't go wrong.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

If your not really beach people you might prefer CTI as CSA is on a huge beach and the focus seems more on that then the pools. Plus I'd say there is more action going on at the pools at CTI.

CTI also has the new Buddah pool at the Spa. There are 4 pool in total. The old pool the new pool with swin up bar, the Buddah pool and the plunge pool on the Island. Csa is the only one we have not tried so I'm sure someone else can fill you in on that. Enjoy.

I agree with mma2005. There are 2 pools at CTI and both are a good size with lots of sun loungers. One pool has a swim up bar and the other pool is right next to the main pool bar. There are also hot tubs scattered around the pool areas as well.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

I want to ad that the swim up pool, the main pool and the pool on the island all have ocean views. No sand at the island pool. The Buddah pool is at the spa and is more of a plunge pool for spa guests during the day but can be used by any guest after hours. There are also two jacuzzis and that can be used just outside the spa and two more jacuzzis by the main pool.
    Vicky