Default MP3 Docking Station

Is it true that that ipod is the only mp3 player that works in the docking stations provided in the rooms at CN?

No however you need to bring an adaptor for recharging...we bought one that plugs in to the wall. Basically if you buy a full adaptor set you should be fine as I think you also need a male end to male end to play your MP3 on their docking station. My hubby definitely needed his own music for the beach and room so we came totally prepared with adapters which take very little space in our carry-on.

No... its not true...

If your player has an IPOD compatible plug, it will work easiest in the docking station. If not, there is an AUXIN jack on the back of the unit. All you need is a male to male cord which you can plug into your earphone jack to the AUXIN jack... no worries!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Maryjoel,
    I had the same question, a very nice person from the message board answered it befor I could ask,(Chris), you can use any mp3 player as long as you have the male to male cord. You can purchase these at Best Buy!!
    One Love,
    Mya

Thank you!!!!

Thanks to Brenda and Ken for making an excellent point, one I forget from time-to-time when I offer the patch cord idea... DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR CHARGER! If your device is not Apple Ipod compatible, you'll need a way to charge it up... ;-)
    Chris

Chris
    Being electronically dumb, can you give the part number I should ask for to us a MP3 player.

Thanks.

mike and sally...

Sorry, no I can't. These things are normally produced by a number of aftermarket manufacturers, in varying lengths, quality, etc., so there is no specific model number. Just bring your player to your local BestBuy, TheShack, or other electronics store, and tell them you want a cable that has a plug that will fit into your earbud jack... then tell them you want both ends to look the same (we "geeks" call this a male-to-male patchcord. I'm just not geeky enough to remember how many mm diameter the jack is (3.5mm?).

I hope that helps...
    Chris

Thanks Chris,

I'll give a whirl. We were disappointed last trip since we brought cd's and the players were gone.