Thread: Jeans??

Default Jeans??

Hi! I think this is probably a dumb question, but should we bring any jeans? We are going to CSA at the end of April. Just wondering if it is cool in the evenings? I'm really hoping not!

Hi Mon! I think the weather is pretty consistent in Jamaica year-round. Least that's what my weather app shows me on my phone! lol We were there last May and it was high 80's (maybe a few low 90's) during the day and mid 70's at night. I get cold easy and I was never cold. I don't think you will want to bring jeans to be honest... Have a great time! We return this coming May.

No need for jeans unless you will need them on the way home.

Hi Mon,

I'm sure you are aware of the dinner dress codes. If you are not, men need to wear long pants (not jeans, khaki's are fine) and a collared shirt,(golf shirt, or button down aloha shirts) closed toed shoes to the reservation restaurants. Women, sundresses, skirts, dress capri's with a dressy top and sandals. You live in bathing suits all day long, and since you need to dress for dinner, and other than that unless you are doing an excursion or want to wear them to or from the resort, no need for jeans! The Beach Party is casual as well as the buffet restaurants, but really it is usually too hot, and humid for jeans.

Have a wonderful trip!

Don't bring jeans

You definitely don't want to pack jeans.They take up too much room. It really is too warm at the resort to wear jeans but you may want to wear them on the airplane. The airports and planes seem to be very cold.

No need for jeans. In the evenings ladies dress in sundresses and gents in nice shorts and button up shirt. You won't be cold. We've been known to hit the pool at night.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Don't take up the space in your bags. The only reason to bring jeans would be if you are going to CTI and need them for horseback riding. It's too hot and humid there to wear jeans anyway.

Enjoy!
    Vee

The only reason I think you may need jeans is if you were doing a trail ride. Personally, I will take yoga pants for myself to use if we do a ride next time. They take up less space and are lighter weight to pack.
    Vicky

Usually I wear jeans to the airport so I always have a pair with me on my travels...just in case. I can get a chill in any weather, so always brings a few pairs of pants to wear in the evenings in case it's breezy or if I've got a few too many rays in the afternoon sun. Depending on whether you plan to do any horseback riding sometimes a pair of jeans is handy for those excursions.
    Kris

I do wear my jeans at night sometime as I get cold easy too. I always wear my jeans down so they are already with me.

NO JEANS (unless you plan to go horseback riding)!!! You'll die of the heat!!! We've been to Negril in late March, and at that time the evenings are very pleasant (upper 70's or so), so no need to wear warm clothes unless you want to go to Feathers, where you'll need the requisite long pants and closed toed shoes for the man, and for the woman, I'd definitely bring a shawl or sweater - the air conditioning in Feathers can be COLD!!! Otherwise, you'll probably find that you live in your swimsuit and cover-up....

Enjoy your trip!!!

Leave your jeans at home. The only time I have seen anyone suggest a pair of jeans is if you plan on going horse back riding. Barring the ponies you won't need jeans at all. Too hot and humid, even in the evening.

Have a great trip!

I always bring a thin pair of jeans for the Bonfire on the beach - which is late in the evening and I want my legs covered. If you go horseback riding it's good to have some and in any case , I willI wear them home on the plane

Don't waste the space in your suitcase. You won't be wearing them.

Default Jeans

What about taking a pair of jeans for the horse back riding?
    One Love,
    Mya

No, do not bring jeans. No one is wearing them, and the weather does not call for them.

No Jeans - you will be plenty warm at night - bring a sweater for the air conditioned restaurants just in case.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Hi! I think this is probably a dumb question, but should we bring any jeans? We are going to CSA at the end of April. Just wondering if it is cool in the evenings? I'm really hoping not!
    ....Temps will be in the upper 80s-low 90s during the day (but expect nice breezes off the ocean). Evening lows will be in the mid 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    ....Linda bought a few pairs of Convertible Pants" from Bass Pro for on the plane. They also have them for men. See linc below;

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults

You don't need jeans, seriously. I get cold too sometimes in restaurants, or on breezy nights, but I never wore jeans when we went last year. The coolest it got in the evenings was in the mid 70's, and it was always HOT HOT HOT during the day (but a good hot!).

The only time jeans are a good idea is if you go horse back riding or for the ATV trip in the woods.

Jeans for keeping warm==> No
    Jeans for protection==> Yes
    Irie Mon