Default Can I wear a bikini without a perfect bikini body???

We will be traveling to CSA in late October 2010...while I've been to Jamaica before (on a cruise) this will be my FIRST couples experience...all inclusive resort experience...with my new hubby!!!

I know it gets hot and while I don't have the perfect body...stretch marks that could easily go for leopard skin (hey that might even be a fashion statement..lol)...I really want to wear a bikini...

Is the beach "social" views a bit forgiving and liberal (Im not doing topless), or is it more conservative at CSA??? I don't want to offend anyone. I actually have an overall slender build...it's just my STRETCH MARKS...or LEOPARD PRINT waistline that I'm concerned about...

Any comments???

Joy - I have no where NEAR a perfect body - gained quite a bit of weight over the last 5 years due to an imbalanced thyroid. I didn't wear a bikini (had several tankinis) but not once did I ever feel uncomfortable or out of place. I say wear the bikini and enjoy every since second of CSA. We loved it so much last year we are returning this May.

You'll be fine It's Jamaica mon, if you are comfortable it's all good! Not like you're going topless or (from a topic on tripadvisor...) wearing a SHEER bikini!

I did but my wife was not happy

Joy - (love that name, btw... same as my wife's)...

Go for the bikini... You will not feel conscious of your tiger-stripes... and nobogy will notice. Everyone at Couples is with their SO... they haven't got time or inclination to be judgemental about others, believe me! Many ladies in bikinis on the beach... not a problem.

Enjoy...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I say go for it darlin'. I am a 30 year old woman who had open heart surgery as a kid and have a scar that runs down the front of my chest. Although self conscious of this, I can truly say that I think this is something that I take notice of a lot more then others. When away on vacation I certainly wear my bikini...and I don't have a perfect figure either. We all have flaws and there are parts of our bodies that we would like to change. Whether it be bigger boobs, smaller boobs, a flatter stomach, slimmer thighs, or less junk in the trunk! I expect there will be very few people on the beach or around the pool who are 100% confident in their bikini body, but at the end of the day, nobody is harder on ourselves then we are...and just as I don't care what bathing suit others are wearing, I don't expect they care what I'm wearing. And beside, I learned long ago to flaunt what I've got and cover the rest up with a cute cover up...ha ha! Have a great time!
    Kris

Joy- Who has a perfect body? Would love to see one outside a magazine. And as for stretch marks any women who has had a child has them. Show them off you earned them. The only thing I wonder is are you going to be comfortable in a bikini?!? If you are go for it, If someone has a problem with the way anyone else looks thats thier problem not yours.

Wear them and enjoy yourself. No judgments will be made. All shapes, sizes are on display and I'm sure your stretch marks will not be an issue.

A bad tattoo might draw a few snickers though.

Wear your bikini. You will see lots of different body types in lots of different types of bathing suits. It is very laid back on the beach at CSA. Just people laying in the sun, floating in the sea, and drinking. You are going to have a blast.

From a guys perspective... I believe you are at couples to have a good time with your significant other as it is a couples retreat and not many singles are seen. So if your significant and more importantly YOU are ok with it how gives a rats @$$ what everyone else thinks or if they will even care.

you all just boosted my confidence a thousand knots!!! I am so grateful that REAL PEOPLE exist....thanks for the encouragement! *mwah

(still weak from laughing at ETF)

My stomach looks like a road map to china but you couldn't stop me from wearing a bikini. Those marks are my honor bages that I have walked through life and made it to the other side with strength. no worries.