Thread: Golfing at CSS?

Default Golfing at CSS?

We are newbies to couples and jamacia. Visiting from Canada March 6. We were wondering if i is worth it to bring our clubs? We would like to play a couple of times as our season here does not get rolling until late April. How is the course? Is it tough to get tee times. I know you need a caddie but is it an easy walk or is a cart a must

My wife and I walked the course twice when we played there in 2005. It isn't very hard at all especially since you have a caddie carrying your clubs. Bringing your own clubs is really a personal choice. It think a lot depends on how picky you are and the cost difference between what your airline might charge and what it costs to rent. I don't think tee times are ever a problem.

Default golf at CSA

Don't bother to bring your clubs. The rentals are very nice Nike or Callaway, new sets, some hybreds. Share a caddie and get a cart, that way you will have someplace to keep your beers. We had a blast and I thought the place was very nice. No, it's not a "hard" place to play. I am a hacker and had a ball. It's just so danged pretty there. NO SNOW!

Every time we go to Jamaica we bring our clubs. They are a little expensive to rent and if you play twice you'll recover the baggage cost.
    Besides there is nothing like your own clubs if you have a decent handicap.
    The course you will be playing is very friendly.
    My Bride and I will play most every day we're there in April.
    Bill & Karen, San Antonio, TX, Been to CTI and CN.
    Been to Jamaica 5 times including CTI & CN before our trip scheduled for April 14-22, 2010 to CSS.
    We renewed our vows on our 25th anniversary in Jamaica.

Thanks for all of your input. Our airline does not charge extra for clubs so it looks like we will bring them. I would prefer to have my own anyway because I know how far they will go when I throw them.

If you get a cart, you only have to get 1 caddie? What does he/she do?