Default I dont know what to do!!

US Airways has the cheapest air fare by quite a big difference!!
    I know they suck though, ive read bad reviews online, and some of you have also said you had problems with them. I dont know what to do... its so tempting to buy my airfare with them because of the price, but im afraid i will regret it!!

For those of you that have flown with them and had bad experiences, what exactly happened that made the flight bad?

And have any of you flown with them and didnt have any problems at all???

You can have horrific experiences, great experiences, and unremarkable experiences on any airline. Book whatever flight appeals to you based upon the criteria that matter to you the most (e.g., cost, itinerary, etc.). Just because someone had a bad experience on US Airways doesn't mean that you will, and sometimes bad experiences aren't something that the airline can control. For example, a lot of flights were cancelled recently due to winter storms. Travelers might have found themselves stranded somewhere, but that's not something over which the airlines had control.
    Last edited by Pamela; February 11th, 2010 at 01:15 PM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We have flown US Airways on two trips to Jamaica - Chicago to Charolette to Montego Bay. One trip in 2006 and another in early 2009. Both trips went very smooth with no issues.

It is worth noting that US Air does charge for checked baggage, which is not the case with American Airlines or Air Jamaica (and maybe others - I'm not sure). Anyway, add another $100 to the US Air tickets for this expense. I would go ahead and fly again with US Air if they were the cheapest. Good luck!

We've flown them twice. The first time was Chicago to Bahamas via Charlotte one way and Philly the other. So, four flights, every one delayed for one reason or another. We said never again.

Then a couple years ago we were going to the DR and they were the cheapest and we bit the bullet. Ugh. I think the way down was uneventful. The way back was HELL. It started with issues that weren't totally in control of US Air as there was a tropical storm the day before we left. But, they were the only airline at the airport 1) without signage to tell you where their checkin line was and 2) without computers (they were just going through stacks of preprinted tickets trying to find yours as you got to the front of the line). Then in Charlotte there was a "sudden freak thunderstorm" directly over the airport that no one saw that caused us to divert to another airport. Because we were international, we weren't let off the flight. We finally get back to Charlotte and everything's backed up and we couldn't get a gate. We finally get a gate and couldn't get off the plane due to immigration's backups. And I KNOW a lot of this is not their fault, but they just handled the whole thing poorly. People were stuck on that plane, originally a 3 hour flight, for something like 6 hours. We all missed connections. In that time we were given dixie cups of water - once. I think another half hour and people were going to start to throw fists.

They supposedly offered vouchers for a hotel, but then the line for that was another solid 2 hours. We had to call a hotel and get a room and then fly out the next day.

Even though much of that was not directly their fault, their management of it, their customer service, just SUCKED. Personally, I'll pay extra, perhaps a lot extra, just to never fly them again.

Pamela is correct, choose what meets your needs the most. Every airline (except maybe Southwest) has problems from time to time. I have flown UsAir a lot and probably more that 95% of my flights were no problem at all. We went to Jamaica on them in 2005 and there were no problems. We are using frequent flier miles to return this December.

Quote Originally Posted by Suhrah View Post
    US Airways has the cheapest air fare by quite a big difference!!
    I know they suck though, ive read bad reviews online, and some of you have also said you had problems with them. I dont know what to do... its so tempting to buy my airfare with them because of the price, but im afraid i will regret it!!

For those of you that have flown with them and had bad experiences, what exactly happened that made the flight bad?

And have any of you flown with them and didnt have any problems at all???
    We flew US Air to Jamaica in November of 2009 and didn't have even the slightest issue with them. Flight left on time, got there a little earlier than scheduled...out of Jamaica, same thing. No problems at all. I think, like Pamela said, you can have good or bad, with any airline.

We've flown USAir twice to Jamaica. First time wasn't the greatest experience, but was not anything we hadn't experienced on different airlines (overbooking the flight, and wasting time looking for someone(s) who were willing to be bumped) but the second time was fantastic. I generally prefer to book with them due to cost and schedule. No worries.

We go to the Caribbean/Mexico ~4x per year & almost always use US Air (they're usually the least expensive for us). We've never had any major problems w/ them (besides some delays here & there).

A huge thumbs-up to US Air 10 days ago for us...... We were coming home from St. Maarten on Feb 1st, going through Charlotte. Charlotte had gotten a lot of snow (for them at least haha !!) & we already knew our flight from SXM to CLT was delayed an hour. No way we could make our connection home, so we just hoped our flight home would also be delayed. So, we get to the front of the ticketing line in SXM & discovered that US Air (on their own !!) had already re-booked us on a later Delta flight going through Atlanta !!

Anyway, US Air is not perfect, but no worse than any other airlines we've flown on (i.e. United gave us a 24-hour delay in Dulles going to CN; Delta kept us sitting in the plane on the Cancun runway for 4 hours due to a mechanical problem).

We flew UsAirways Sept.2007 and last Sept.2009 from Syracuse,NY. to Jamaica without any problems.

Never flown US Air. We had a 24 hour delay at both ends of our trip to CSA last June on American. In San Francisco we were put up in a nice hotel with a good restaurant nearby. On the way home we ended up in fleabag motel in a suburb of Dallas for a night. American's service in Dallas was horrendous.

We always fly US Air. Have done so every year for six years to Jamaica.
    We always try to fly with them. They have the shortest and best flight times for us and we have had great experiences with them. I like that they have an early flight out of Charlotte that gets us to Montego Bay by 11:30 A.M.

We have flown US air the last two years to Jamaica and had no problems.

Let's not forget that U.S. Air has Capt "Sully" the hero pilot on the payroll...seems they made a good choice hiring him