Default Is the road construction finished?

In June 2009 we went to CN. There was alot of road construction and they were building a new bridge. This made the ride from the airport to CN longer (about 2- 2 1/2 hours). On the way back to the airport we took TimAir.
    Does anyone know if that road construction is finished?

There is still road construction on the west side of Montego Bay. The new bridge is done. The construction is really not that big of a deal. It probably only delays the ride to Negril 10 minutes at most.

No worries.

So... it sounds like the ride is taking everyone around 1 1/2 hours???

That's correct. It really depends on how long the beer stop is. One year our driver stopped three times on our way to Negril. Once for beer, once for gas, and once for a potty break.

Three times!?!?!?! oh my god I think I would have killed that driver, LOL. Last time we stopped once for a drink/pee break...this year I would prefer to take no none of the above...if the people on our couples shuttle agree I would love not to stop at all, gets you to CSA quicker!

EinWI

Yep. I was ready to drive the bus there myself and leave the driver standing. The only time we have never stopped was when we got into Montego Bay at 10:00pm. Have a vote and tell the driver not to stop...

Three times is a bit much, I agree. We always look forward to the stop, it only adds about 15 minutes on the trip and you get to meet & talk to some of the locals.

we have asked the driver NOT to stop and he will not stop and it only takes 1 hour.

We have been going to Negril for over 10 years and there is always road construction, usually the construction is good in the long run.

That is the main reason we do a private transfer - I am not interested in stopping and just want to get to the resort. I have been with groups that want to stop every 20 minutes for a beer and break. It is really not fair to those that do not but there is no way to resolve that so we pay to go at our own pace.

Caviargal - who do you use for private transportation and what did it run you to get to CSA?
    thanks!

We arrived at CN 2 days ago and the road construction from Mo Bay is not completed yet.

I hope we stop. I am not there just to see the resort. I am there to see Jamaica!! I would not mind stopping to see locals!!

london1817

You mean to tell me my one lane bridge is gone

That was the thrill of the day.

The ride to CN usually takes about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours and that is having the driver go at a safe speed.

RELAX and ENJOY you'll soon get there don't rush the adventure.

Last year we used Kenny and this year we are trying Gregg Connell and have used Clive in the past as well.

I have also used Tim Air for flights quite a few times.

It is running $70 each way for 2 for the private. For us it is worth it.