Default Help picking a room at CSS

We have stayed at CSA but want to try CSS. I am having a hard time picking a room type. I am thinking penthouse, one bedroom ocean, one bedroom beachfront or ocean verandah. We want a balcony with lounge chairs or a hammock. I would also prefer an ocean view but to face out towards the ocean rather than face the beach. If I can see both that is fine but I prefer the ocean. I would also prefer to have the balcony off of the bedroom or at least some windows that I can open to sort of bring the outside in while relaxing.

I really like the look of the one bedroom ocean because the view seems to be just what I want but the bedroom is in the back it seems so it is sort of isolated. If I leave the doors open can I hear the ocean and feel a breeze? At CSA we really loved the breeze and outdoors feel you can have in the atrium suites.

I also sort of like the beachfront suite because the bedroom is connected to the balcony. I also like the colors of the room. Would that be a good choice for the view we are looking for? I see that the building faces out towards the beach and obviously the ocean is just past the beach so maybe that is what we are looking for to get the ocean view?

The penthouse looks nice but going by the map it looks like some of them might face back towards the beach and not out to the ocean. I don't want to count on getting the room I want since I know that is not a sure thing. Is there a good chance we will not get a good ocean view in the penthouse?

Thanks for the help! I am just not really sure which way to go. I am hoping some of you that are really familiar with the resort will have some good advice. Thanks again!

Hi Melody,

Next to picking the resort picking the room type is a close second for causing anxiety... lol

We had a large group in 08 and were able to tour all the rooms except The Penthouse and Hibiscus Cottage. All rooms at CSS have some view of the ocean.

We personally stayed in a 1 bdrm Ocean Suite w/balcony, you are correct the bedroom is to the back, but I will tell you this we loved this room category. Aside from the Penthouse it is the largest suite, the balconies have either 2 chaise loungers or the double chaise as well as a table and 2 chairs. We fell asleep out there one night listening to the tree frogs and ocean. These suites are located up in the cliffs.

You are correct on your perception of the Beachfront Rooms they are behind the pool, not step out on the beach "beachfront". The suites are smaller than the 1 bdrm oceanview w/balcony, they have a jacuzzi, and are most popular for their location being down among the main attractions which minimizes the stairs.

The Verandah Suites are smaller with the feel of a hotel room moreso than a suite, but may meet your criteria for hearing the ocean moreso than the others.

We are returning to CSS in April and I almost opted for a Beachfront this trip only to minimize the stairs, and my husband who never says a word he just goes with the flow, piped up and let me know he was not giving up the balcony, or size of the room of the 1 bdrm w/balcony. He preferred being up in the cliffs, felt we experienced more of the resort being up there, he had numerous reasons. That took care of that. lol

Good luck, all the rooms are quite beautiful, and none of the ones we toured were exactly the same. All I can suggest is to just keep viewing the 360's and you will know, sounds like you have already done your homework!

You will love CSS! Very different from the Negril Resorts, we did CN twice and toured CSA. If only you could take the resort itself and plop it on either Negril beach you would have perfection!

Happy Travels!

Thanks for your help! It was so easy picking at CSA because I just loved the atrium suites right away.

I am thinking it is between the one bedroom ocean and penthouse. How do you book a penthouse? It says by request or something so do I have to call? When I do reserve those do I get to choose which one we want or is it the same as with the rest of the rooms and we get what we get? My only concern with that is that we will be facing back towards the beach and not out to the ocean at all.

We also loved CSA, and when we stayed at CSS, we stayed in the Beachfront Suites. In retrospect, we should totally have stayed up on the cliffs. Those rooms are much larger and so much lovelier. If we ever go back (I'm still not sure, since we're totally in love with CSA and CTI) we would definitely stay up there.

I think you've made the right decision. As to booking, call the 800 number and they can help you.

V

Hubby wants a veiw where the beach meets the ocean. He is afraid that the One B/R Ocean View Suite wouldn't be as good as a One B/R Beachfront Suite...thoughts?
    Thanks!

I think the b/f will be what we end up choosing
    Last edited by wileeandrr; February 16th, 2010 at 03:34 PM.