Default CTI After 5:00PM?

We understand that boat service to CTI runs from 9 - 5PM. Does that mean the island is not accessible after 5PM?

We have not booked as yet and are undecided between CTI and CSS? We are thinking an AN experience after dark would be fun. Also thinking about splitting 7 to 10 days between CTI and CSS? We want to make the most of the AN experience as possible during the visit. CTI sounds like it is more social, which we like, but fewer hours of AN experience per day. Can't decide!

I have not yet had the chance to experience it my self but I have heard that if you are willing to swim over it can be done.
    Do you just take the drinks with you? How do you get them there? Will the resort help this this, if not why not? Thanks in advance for the replies.

The last boat leaves at 5 PM. And the island closes for the evening. There are lights on the island, so it looks like someone is there.

If there is a wedding on the island, it may close earlier than 5. In those instances, management opens the island earlier in the morning, 8 AM or so. If the bridal party opts to have a reception on the island, you'll see some (clothed) folks on the island after 5 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rococss View Post
    I have not yet had the chance to experience it my self but I have heard that if you are willing to swim over it can be done.
    Do you just take the drinks with you? How do you get them there? Will the resort help this this, if not why not? Thanks in advance for the replies.
    I would guess that for liability reasons, Couples can't condone people swimming 100 yards or so in the dark - let alone provide alcohol for those attempting it.

Not to say I wouldn't love to try it...

You can always go to the spa and use the hot tubs and Budda pool at night at CTI.

Default AN?

Is the Buddah pool AN?

The island is accessible after dark if you are a good swimmer, however, once security noticed we were out there, they politely asked us (yelled to us) to swim back...no big deal as it was about time to come back anyway. Security waited for us on the pier to make sure we were ok, then smiles and laughed at us and told us to have a nice night.

The Buddha pool is not designated as AN, but at night (usually pretty late) it turns into an AN experience. Most of the time, there is a group trying to see how many they can get in there (AN) trying to break the last groups record.....I think that number stands around 30 or 32 right now. Can anyone confirm???
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

No it is technically not even though I have heard stories.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

From my experience.. the posted hours of the island are 9-4pm, but if there aren't any weddings scheduled out there from 4-5, the bartender can keep it open an extra hour. The bar is open the entire time that the island is officially opened. I've heard that people swim out before 9 and after 5.. I'm guessing that before 9 goes over better with staff than the after 5...

It amazes me that the AN guests do not wish to show the same level of respect that thy demand on the AN facilities by self designating the budda pool and hot tub as after hour AN

longingforhome, I think that the selection of possible after-hours places like the spa got tub or buddha pool is actually done out of respect rather than disrespect. There are many choices of hot tubs and pools on the resort. The intent is to seemingly find the most out of the way secluded areas that would be least likely to offend anyone. I would hope that these guests wouldn't just barge in and commandeer a facility that is already being used by other guests! Talk about nightmares!

Quote Originally Posted by longingforhome View Post
    It amazes me that the AN guests do not wish to show the same level of respect that thy demand on the AN facilities by self designating the budda pool and hot tub as after hour AN
    sounds like you have been the victim of one too many nudie bully scenes that has become all the rage ... one minute you are in the budda pool minding you own business and then next moment you are staring at the junk of a some 53 yo guy named harold from skokie.

Greetings to all:

The buddha pool is not intended to be an AN pool in the evening. Some guests may want simply a peaceful evening with their loved one to relax and enjoy each others' company under the stars. It is not appropriate to force the AN issue in such an environment.

Respect please...

Couples Resorts