Default I-Touch and internet at CSA

For all you techies- perhaps you can help me! I have an Apple I-Touch. As long as you can access a wireless internet connection, you can get online. I am staying in the Greathouse. I am assuming I can access the internet via the I-Touch. Anyone tried? This is NOT an I-Phone. I pay no monthly service fee or anything like that. It is a glorified MP3 player with internet capabilities. THANKS a bunch! This will help me decide whether or not to bring my lap top (I am trying to avoid that).

The Apple I-Touch will work great for internet and email as long as it has wifi. This works no matter what country you are in. The only problem is when someone has protected network and you do not have the code. Couples does not have a protected network, and if they do change that they will give you the code. Wifi is part of the included items. All you have to do to use the wifi is touch setting, wi-fi, and choose the Couples network. If a code is required the I-Touch will ask you for the code. Just type it in.

I would setup your email mail accounts on the unit and sink you contacts fro Outlook before you leave. The I-Touch is like a Black Barry without the phone. If your email is setup on the unit you can open excel, word, and PDF's. You can reply, forward, and move files to folders in Outlook just like your lap-top. You cannot create new Outlook folders with it, so do that before you leave. The only problem that I have found is that it will not open AutoCad, Pro-E and other not so main stream files.

You can also get a free texting program to text people when you are away.

If you have any other questions, just ask.
    Enjoy
    Last edited by jon1963; February 17th, 2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling
    Irie Mon

Great info there jon. Is the I-Touch compatible with the new docking stations in the rooms without any type of adapter?

My itouch worked fine at CSA. I stayed in a GVS but i still got the wifi network. No probs!

what a helpful response - thank you!

The free texting program....is that an app? Anymore info on that would be great.

melly

The free texting is a app called "Textfree Lite". It is free and the only problem is that they limit you to 15 text messages per day. They do offer an unlimited program, "Textfree Unlimited" for $5.99. Both programs have no monthly charge, once you have them, they are free to use.

mshell
    The docking stations work with the ipod touch, no addaptor required. All Apple Ipod's have the same plug, something apple did right.

Enjoy
    Irie Mon

silly question - am I right in thinking we can put our itouch in and play music on the docking station? Does the docking station have speakers?

Thanks

Yes, you can use your iTouch for Internet and Music in the docking station.

There is WiFi mostly all over the resort. They put a tower right in front of one of the Beachfront buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
    silly question - am I right in thinking we can put our itouch in and play music on the docking station? Does the docking station have speakers?

Thanks
    Yes, there is a clock radio with an ipod dock

I am electronicly-challenged folks! Does the docking station charge the I-Touch in addition to using it for speakers? If I can bring 1 less thing (charger) in my suitcase, that means more room to bring stuff back!

Yes it charges it too

melly:

The docking station is also a charger.
    Irie Mon

Default iPhone?

What about the iPhone? I don't want to use the phone while I'm there, or my 3G, so how do I get it to use only the free wifi? Will there be any charges on my bill if I use the wifi? I'm not really up on this stuff either...might be dangerous that I even carry an iPhone!

Carina