Hybrid View

Default Annoyed with TripAdvisor Review of CTI

Hey everyone. I posted a review of CTI on TripAdvisor on February 13th. I spend quite some time putting my review together trying not to miss a single detail of our wonderful trip. Yesterday when I signed on to look at my review some newer ones had been posted and someone had taken my review and copied it word for word minus a few minor alterations. I'm so frustrated and disappointed that someone would do that. I use the same user name "gravysgal" and the person who copied my review is "JamiefromHampton".

I'm equally frustrated because there is a contest regarding reviews of Couples Resorts on TripAdvisor until February 19th I believe. I would be quite put off if the person who stole my review actually won given that I put the "blood - sweat - and tears" into the review.

Anyway, just venting. I think the sadness of being back home away from my beloved Couples is only adding to my state. I always find it so difficult coming home from my vacations to Couples. I long to be back there again.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

You can always send her a message about it. Perhaps she truly doesn't understant netiquette?

Default Not a contest

Quote Originally Posted by gravysgal View Post
    I'm equally frustrated because there is a contest regarding reviews of Couples Resorts on TripAdvisor until February 19th I believe. I would be quite put off if the person who stole my review actually won given that I put the "blood - sweat - and tears" into the review.
    Hi gravysgal,

Though JamieFromHampton was rude for sure, I don't think it's a contest. It's just a drawing. Here's the link:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/CouplesResorts

Very nice review, by the way!

Beergirl

I did send her a note! Oh well. I guess some people aren't capable of having their own thoughts and feelings and rely heavily on the minds of others.

I LOVE CTI
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Sharon, I am so glad to read that you enjoyed CTI!! That makes my heart smile. I love it when someone goes there and falls in love with it like Bryan and I have!!
    Kristen

You can report this to Trip Advisor and have them remove the plagiarized review.

TripAdvisor removed the review YIPPEE

Kristen, I absolutely love CTI and would return in a heartbeat. Steve and I had a wonderful time and hope to return in the near future (if our finances allow)!!
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Quote Originally Posted by gravysgal View Post
    TripAdvisor removed the review YIPPEE

Kristen, I absolutely love CTI and would return in a heartbeat. Steve and I had a wonderful time and hope to return in the near future (if our finances allow)!!
    Good, I thought I was going nuts because I couldn't find that ripoff post. And it was a nice review from you in TA as well. After our trip has completed, I will post our review for both CTI and CN not only on this fatastic board, but also on TA.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.