Default a day pass to CTI from CSS

We are returning to CSS next month and want to visit CTI for a day. What hours do you spend @ the swap resort? Can we eat dinner @ Bayside if it is a reserve-only restaurant? Any advice on doing this from those who have done it already is appreciated.

The bus to CTI leaves at 9:00 and returns at 4:00. We ate breakfast and lunch there, but returned by taxi right after lunch, as we were missing CSS, and it was terribly windy and cloudy that particular day at CTI.

You will not be able to stay for dinner at Bayside.

The program that allows you to visit CTI while you are staying @ CSS is called Trading Places
    You must register in advance for Romance Rewards & sign up up to 24 hours in advance
    Transportation is provided at no charge and you will be at CTI from about 10 AM to 4 PM
    That being said you will not be able to eat there for dinner. You can have breakfast and lunch
    It is also limited to 10 couples each day and it is offered on Mon,Weds & Fridays only

You will leave CSS between 9:00-10:00 am and return at 4:00. No dinner reservations but you can enjoy breakfast and lunch. The Patio buffet (try the pizza) and Beach Grill, Veggie Bar and pool bars are all open. It's a great way to experience another resort and see all the renovations.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenON View Post
    The bus to CTI leaves at 9:00 and returns at 4:00. We ate breakfast and lunch there, but returned by taxi right after lunch.
    Karen, we're planning on doing the same thing in reverse (from CTI to CSS) for our trip. And we too may decide on returning early via taxi. How much did it cost?
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

With Trading Places, you are not allowed to participate in anything that requires a reservation at the resort you are visiting. So besides the restaurants, you also will not be able to use the spa services, although you can use the sauna as it is not a reserved service. Our visit to CSS allowed us to appreciate what it is that draws us back to CTI.
    Vicky

Ron and Rosa, it was $12.00 by taxi. They did tell us to call the resort and see if a van was available for us to return early, so you can try that first.

Thanks to everyone for the very helpful info about the Trading Places option.

Ron and Rosa, it was $12.00 by taxi. They did tell us to call the resort and see if a van was available for us to return early, so you can try that first.
    Oooh, nice suggestion, definitely worth a shot if we indeed decide to leave early, which is not at all a certainty at this point. Heck, not even 100% certain we'll visit there for that matter, altho it's our intention to do so - so I'll make that 99% certain.

I really want to check out CSS because ya never know if a return trip would be in the cards and if so, we might as well check out the sister OR resort. We intend to do likewise for CSA when we're staying at CN for the 2nd leg of our trip.

Thanks again Karen, you provided some top notch info.
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Oooh, nice suggestion, definitely worth a shot if we indeed decide to leave early, which is not at all a certainty at this point. Heck, not even 100% certain we'll visit there for that matter, altho it's our intention to do so - so I'll make that 99% certain.

I really want to check out CSS because ya never know if a return trip would be in the cards and if so, we might as well check out the sister OR resort. We intend to do likewise for CSA when we're staying at CN for the 2nd leg of our trip.

Thanks again Karen, you provided some top notch info.
    I don't think you will want to leave CSS early, but you really should give it a visit, it will be worth it

Have a great holiday, when are you going?

I don't think you will want to leave CSS early, but you really should give it a visit, it will be worth it

Have a great holiday, when are you going?
    We'll be at CTI from 4/10 thru 4/16, then CN from 4/17 thru 4/20.

And I'm sure you're right, we most likely won't want to leave early. I'm really looking forward to visiting CSS. But just in case or perhaps due to some other plans made for later that day, it's at least nice to have the option.
    Ron