Thread: Live from CTI

Hybrid View

Default Live from CTI

We've been here for 8 glorious days now. We love it all, but we are easy to please. We have an Ocean Deluxe and are located in the 4-block on the 4th floor. The view is delicious. It's far enough away from the entertainment and gives us an opportunity to walk a few more steps.

Just a heads up to those who will be enjoying the $350 Spa credit. When I booked a couple of appointments yesterday, because I would be using the gift certificate rather than having it charged to my room, the availability was not very good. I think they might have "prime-time" closed out for paying clients. So, book early for your services.

Also to note: I believe people tend to book dinner reservations in clumps. The social director of our group has not been able to get us a dinner reservation earlier than 8:45 p.m. regardless of how far ahead he tries. The only other alternative is to take your dinner at 6:15 p.m.

The Bayside (now asian fair) is very good. People have noted that the food is extra spicy. My opinion is that what makes it too spicy is what you put on top of your food. The other night I had the Vietnamese Pork Phoe Po (sp?) and it was scrumptious!! They've laid new tile most of the way down to the restaurant so it's easier to traverse. Another nice addition is that they have installed a bathroom half-way down so you don't have to come all the way up if the urge strikes.

Rode the Aqua Bikes yesterday and had a ton of fun. Found a lovely starfish to look at.
    Well, that's it for now. Sun_princess

Thanks for the great update Princess, and a special thanks for some key tips you provided regarding spa and dinner reservations. As for the latter, those booking times don't shock me in the least. If one was to draw a bell curve for preferred dinner times, especially on vacation, my guess is the curve would show a huge bulge between the hours of 6-8pm. I suppose it's just human nature that folks gather in the greatest numbers during these key hours. That shouldn't be a problem for Rosa and me (knock on my head), being we tend to dine early, altho who knows how things will play out once we're there.

A little disturbing, but also understandable that those who do not have the credits and pay for the spa directly get the choice reservation times. A very good tip you provided here, we also have the credits, so we'll keep that in mind once we arrive and begin to sort the activities and stuff we want to do.

Keep having a ball!!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Ron,
    While we were there, I had massages using my credits and I had one at 11:00am, 2:00pm and one at 5:00pm. I never had a problem booking, maybe there are a lot of spa "people" there at this time. Hmmmmmmm.......
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    Ron,
    While we were there, I had massages using my credits and I had one at 11:00am, 2:00pm and one at 5:00pm. I never had a problem booking, maybe there are a lot of spa "people" there at this time. Hmmmmmmm.......
    Hey...welcome back stranger!! (You can tell you've been missed)

I'm glad to hear you didn't have any particular time issues when booking your treatments. Hopefully, neither will Rosa and I. Our opportunities may be limited tho due to the various activities for which we plan on partaking (ie, DRF, horseback riding, canopy tour, cat cruise, etc.), so we may have to coordinate everything we want to do, incuding the spa, in order to fit everything in. Oh woe is me!!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Time availability for me might have to do with the fact that this is high time season and a full resort.