Default CSA vs CN - Help

We're a couple (not engaged/married) in our 30's heading to Negril and can't decide between CN and CSA. Eager for any advice on room quality, service quality, location differences, between the two. Also, I've heard CSA can get a little quiet and CN is a little more of a party, is this true?

Thanks!!

Bos1223- Sorry you haven't gotten any responses to your question, but if you will surf the board you will find your question has already been answered. It is also wise to know exactly what you want out of your vacation as that will help narrow down which resort is right for you.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I know this is going to sound simple but you cannot go wrong with either place. I always enjoy meeting new people and have had a great experience at CN but I know CSA is the same. Look at the pictures, which one is pulling you? Choose. You don't lose either way.

To me CN has more of a party atmosphere. Lots of couples get together and hang out.

We're a couple (not engaged/married) in our 30's heading to Negril and can't decide between CN and CSA. Eager for any advice on room quality, service quality, location differences, between the two. Also, I've heard CSA can get a little quiet and CN is a little more of a party, is this true?

Hello. We've stayed at both and I had the same agonizing decision both times. They are extremely similar as far as room quality and service. Location differences: CSA is in the busier part of Negril, so there are more people trying to sell stuff on the beach. CN is a little more out of the hub of everything, so fewer people selling but still some. Security is great on the beach and if you politely decline, they leave you alone. My opinion is the opposite between CSA and CN. CN was asleep by 11:00. CSA was a little livelier at night (piano bar most nights, dancing, dj every night if you wanted to). We stayed at CN at age 32 and CSA at 34. That difference in atmosphere is why we preferred CSA. It really depends on what kind of trip you want. We still loved CN just because it was SOOO relaxing and we got to recharge our batteries, spend a lot of time together. Nightime entertainment was more formal at CN (shows - more like a cruise and not so much our taste but still nice). However, both resorts were awesome, and during the day, there is very little difference in my opinion. The beach at CSA is larger. We are rebooked w/ friends for CSA at the end of June.

Bos - While your question is no less important than others, we've all gotten a little tired of answering the CN vs CSA questions. Sorry.

Here's the Cliff Notes version:

The attitude at the resort depends a LOT on the clientele there on that particular week. We have noticed this in particular because we travel mid week, and usually see a big change on the weekend. It can go from quiet and sedate to a big party atmosphere in the course of two days -- and that's for EITHER resort.

That being said: CSA is more spread out, CN is more compact. Look at the pictures of the resort and rooms. One of them will "speak" to you. They are both wonderful. Make a choice. Go with it. Don't second guess yourself. If that doesn't work, flip a coin and go with that.

Wherever you end up, I'm sure you'll have a WONDERFUL time!

Vee

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    Bos - While your question is no less important than others, we've all gotten a little tired of answering the CN vs CSA questions. Sorry.

Here's the Cliff Notes version:

The attitude at the resort depends a LOT on the clientele there on that particular week. We have noticed this in particular because we travel mid week, and usually see a big change on the weekend. It can go from quiet and sedate to a big party atmosphere in the course of two days -- and that's for EITHER resort.

That being said: CSA is more spread out, CN is more compact. Look at the pictures of the resort and rooms. One of them will "speak" to you. They are both wonderful. Make a choice. Go with it. Don't second guess yourself. If that doesn't work, flip a coin and go with that.

Wherever you end up, I'm sure you'll have a WONDERFUL time!

Vee

...and don't forget to sign up for Romance Rewards so you can spend a day at whichever resort you don't choose this time around. That way you will have a little more information to make your resort choice when you come home to Couples next time.

ENJOY!!!

Vee must be having a bad day. Nobody forces anyone to answer questions here on the MB. IMHO, Couples Negril is our favorite by far. The beach and water is so much nicer. There aren't so many vendors walking the beach. The resort is more intimate than CSA, and not so stretched out. All the restaurants are centrally located as are the bars. At CSA they are either at one end or the other. I agree you'll have a great time at both, but we are planning our third trip back to CN. Nuff said.

Oh, I remember our dilema with this the SECOND time we went! So I feel for you. I am sure many people have struggled with this at some point. We loved CN - the drinks were awesome - for us personally better than CSA! But we continue to choose CSA because there are more food selections. We typically stay a week and food choices became pretty important pretty fast. I really liked the fitness facilities at CSA as well, so many things to try. The service at both is wonderful.

And as the other poster stated, you can always sign up for the REWARDS (you will be surprised by how quickly you will want to return) and take advantage of the trading places program.

Whatever you choose, you will have a marvelous time.

Well, I have to agree with utwonderwoman. CSA has been our choice for over half-a-dozen vacations. There are just so many things that we enjoy there...especially the tennis program. The overall atomsphere at CSA keeps us coming back. Great food, exotic accommodations (always stay in an atrium unit) and easy access to a cold brew....it's just our idea of a perfect getaway.

I think CN has a more social party vibe during the day at the swim up bar, and CSA has more of a party atmosphere at night in the Aura Lounge.