Default Office Of Nature

There was some talk the OON had left Bloody Bay. Anyone been there lately? Just wondering if it is still in the same place so we can get a lobster there in Nov.

Yep the Office of Nature is still there, (well it was in April). It has moved further down the beach, its almost at the bend towards R Negril. There is another "lobster" place before you get there trying to say they are the Office of Nature, dont be fooled! I beleive its the bar/food area for Sunset at the Palms? Just keep walking, walking til you see the old guys, they hadnt changed from our last visit in 2002! Enjoy, it was soooo yummy we ate twice for lunch!

We walked by it week before last and it was up and running in the place we expected to find it.

A link to a current Office of Nature thread on another board.

http://www.negril.com/discus/message...tml?1246900768
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

What exactly is the Office of Nature? To me it sounds like an aquarium or something....but from the discussions, it sounds like food and drinks are involved. And does every resort have one nearby?

We are so glad to hear the Office of Nature is still around. I know that they had lost their old spot due to the property selling, but wasn't sure if they had relocated. We will be at CN in just 17 more days and can't wait to get down there to enjoy a nice lobster dinner with the crew.

LizzieBabyDoll.... The Office of Nature is a group of locals that go catch fresh lobster and cook it up on a grill, right on the beach. It is mostly family and if I'm not mistaken, the elders name is Christmas. He will usually greet you when you walk up to their camp spot.
    There also serve beer and some other liquors if you would like. Another thing they will have set up are some craft tents. So if you are looking to buy some of the local crafts, you could start there. They are more than willing to bargain some.

Her are a couple of pics that may help explain it a little more.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks so much for the explanation and the pics...those lobsters look delish. It sounds like fun to chat with the locals. I'll be sure to check it out!

Went to the Office Dec of 2006 and the lobster was fantastic! If we ever go back to Negril a stop at the Office for lunch is a must.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

What do they charge for these little babies?
    Jamaica Us Happy
    Jason & Ann

It was $20 when we were there. Make sure to take your own drinks. The lobster was fantastic and the atmosphere can't be beat!

$20 for how much lobster?
    Warm Regards,

Stacey Lyons
    "staceylovesrudy"

It is $20 for one lobster or a whole lobster. It is very good, they cook it on the grill with butter and garlic and they also give you a piece of grilled garlic bread. They are really fun to talk to and the food is good. When we were there a couple of years ago we watched several local gentlemen playing dominoes, it was really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by staceylovesrudy View Post
    $20 for how much lobster?
    $20 for one and trust me it's plenty big enough to fill you up. Usually comes with a side dish to like garlic bread.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club