Default Last Minute Questions-CSA

My wife and I will be staying at CSA for 2 weeks, very soon, but (unfortunately) we are both smokers (I know...very bad habit). We are only allowed to bring in one carton each of our own cigarettes, and are leary about "smuggling in" a sufficient supply of smokes to last us the entire trip (5-6 cartons).

1) Does anybody know if there is any place within walking distance (preferably)to CSA that a person could buy Canadian cigarettes (Rothmans Blue to be specific) or as a last resort maybe Marlboros? If there is no place within walking distance, where would the nearest spot to buy Canadian smokes be? Cost?

2) Are dress sandals (closed toe leather sandals) good enough for Feathers?

3) Is there actual Cream at the resort for coffee or is it Carnation or some other evaporated milk?

4) Are the plug ins to the wall standard North American style three pronged plug outlets or are they a recessed or pin type plug in. (I need to plug in my CPAP into a standard outlet and preferably not a 2 prong deeply recessed outlet)?

Thank you all in advance and I am anxiously awaiting any feedback anybody can supply! Since there are so many repeaters, I suspect that most could answer most of the questions except about cigarettes. Thanks again...so excited about the trip!!!

Unfortunately (because you're a smoker), you're in for a treat. Just walk to the beach... then listen...

"Ciiiiiiiiiiigarettes!"

This will be the sound of the beach cigarette vendor. Because I'm not a smoker, I can't vouch for his product (other than the fact that he hawks Marlboros). Buyer beware on freshness of product, price, etc.

However, he is as ubiquitous as the sunshine at SweptAway.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

1- I don't smoke so I don't know, but there is a convenience store across the street from CSA.

2- Those will be perfect.

3- They use milk for the coffee. No fake stuff around that I have found.

4- Electrical outlets are the American 'style' so your cpap will work great!

Be prepared...you are about to have the greatest vacation of your life!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    1- I don't smoke so I don't know, but there is a convenience store across the street from CSA.

2- Those will be perfect.

3- They use milk for the coffee. No fake stuff around that I have found.

4- Electrical outlets are the American 'style' so your cpap will work great!

Be prepared...you are about to have the greatest vacation of your life!
    Thank you very very much. I really appreciate the quick response. I will probably but cigarettes at the convenience store since buying from a beach vendor may not be the smartest thing to do and if I need cream or whole milk for our coffee I am going to assume I can get some at that same convenience store.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Unfortunately (because you're a smoker), you're in for a treat. Just walk to the beach... then listen...

"Ciiiiiiiiiiigarettes!"

This will be the sound of the beach cigarette vendor. Because I'm not a smoker, I can't vouch for his product (other than the fact that he hawks Marlboros). Buyer beware on freshness of product, price, etc.

However, he is as ubiquitous as the sunshine at SweptAway.
    Thanks a lot Chris. You have helped me out with my lame questions many times now and I like reading your various replies to other questions. I hope that CSA give you a discount...lol. You are probably one of the most helpful people on here!

Too funny...... I forgot about the cigarette guy..... lol

You can also buy Marlboro's at the gift shop at the resort for around $7 a pack. I don't know how much the ceeeeegarettte guy on the beach charges.
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

How can anyone who's been forget about the ciiiiiiiiigarette guy?

When we step off the bus and into the lobby at SweptAway, we're pretty sure we're home... when we step onto the beach and hear the cigarette vendor, we KNOW we're home... its crazy, I know, but his voice is almost as synonymous with the beach as the sound of the waves... ;-) .

time4usnow...

You're welcome.... the pleasure is mine!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Melea View Post
    You can also buy Marlboro's at the gift shop at the resort for around $7 a pack. I don't know how much the ceeeeegarettte guy on the beach charges.
    60 packs of cigs for 2 weeks ?

when you departure you can buy 10 cartons for $100 at the duty free store in the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by HYTOP View Post
    60 packs of cigs for 2 weeks ?

when you departure you can buy 10 cartons for $100 at the duty free store in the airport.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    No! A Canadian Carton is 8 packs for $94 and 5 Cartons is 40 Packs for 2 persons for 2 weeks or 10 packs per week each. Heavy smoker, but not insanely heavy. I can smoke Marlboros but it takes a few days to get used to them. My wife won't let me smoke them near her. They really are very different from Canuck death sticks. Sorry for the confusion. I don't think we are allowed to take back unlimed cartons either so the "dea;" doesn't really do the trick either, but thanks for the thought and info.

Back in the early days, our first visit was in 85, there were bowls of cigarettes that you could help yourself to at all of the bars.

do be aware the the cigarettes sold at and near Swept Away are manufactured in Venezuela and taste a bit different.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Sue and Randy View Post
    do be aware the the cigarettes sold at and near Swept Away are manufactured in Venezuela and taste a bit different.

Randy
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks to Sue and Randy for the heads up on the taste issue. I can smoke just about anything. It will take me a few days to get used to them tho. If my wife kicks me out because of the smell...well there's always drinking to do somewhere, an urgent matter can easily be fabricated somewhere in the vicinity of a sports bar :0)

Having never been to CSA before I was wondering where one can smoke?
    Kris

Kris -

You can smoke anywhere on the resort... except in areas that are enclosed, such as the Feathers Restaurant, the Aura Lounge, and the spa/health center. Also, the other restaurants (Patois Patio and the Palms) have segregated smoking and non-smoking areas.
    Chris