Default CN Garden Suite...which buildings and floors are best?

We will be booking CN for Sept 5-12, 2010. I've already decided, after reading many many posts, that the beachfront suite isn't worth the extra $$. So we'll be going with the Garden Suite.

What are the best buildings? And what floor is the best? I know we're not guaranteed to get the bldg/flr we request, but I'd at least like to TRY. We'll be on our honeymoon.

Thanks!

Good choice on the Gardenview. All of the rooms at CN are the exact same layout (except the suites). It's just the location that changes. We have always stayed in buildings 3 & 4 on a 2nd or 3rd floor and love it. It is the most quiet and tropical area and it's close to the rather new (2006?) hot tub thats pretty secluded (shhh!). If you like having some fresh fruit, croissants & Blue Mountain coffee in the morning, you couldn't find a better place on earth to start off your day in paradise.

Default getting ready to book

rjammin - wondering if you think the suites in general are worth the extra $$$ - are they in good locations? We don't get to vacation often and have made reservations for November but I'm getting ready to call and make a final payment and switch my hotel to CN. Wondering if I should spring for the suite (it's our 10th anniversary)!

We loved our Garden Suite in Bldg. 8 - 3rd floor!

Switch to CN and go for the suite....we loved ours!

Do they ever give complimentary upgrades?

The difference in price prevented us from spending the extra money for a suite. Not because we couldn't afford it, we just know from many trips to CN that we weren't in the room enough to justify it. We haven't been to CN since '06 and at that time only the suites had mini-bars, the other rooms didn't. This made me think about the suites all the more back then. Now all rooms come with a mini bar. We've been to CSS the last 2 years and have stayed in a Penthouse both times. The price difference at CSS is not that much between room catagories so we figured "why not". If I recall, it's quite a jump in price at CN. It really comes down to personal preference though. To some the room is very important, to others it's not. Only you can decide what's best for you and your SO. If you think you may regret it, than get the suite. No matter what, one thing is guaranteed, you will love CN. With Couples, you can't loose! CSA in 5 weeks!!!

I will be visiting CN in June for a wedding. I'm rooming with my Mother (Grandmother of the Bride) and she has mobility issues, so a ground floor room is really important. But we would still love a wonderful view if possible. Are there specific buildings that would suit our requests? We will be in a Garden Room as well.

Thanks a bunch.

We had the Pleasure of staying in a Garden Suite on one of our Anniversary Trips to CN!! Building 8, Second Floor!!! FABULOUS - UNBELIEVABLE - GORGEOUS!!!!!! Thouroughly Enjoyed the suite - felt like Movie Stars (corny, I know but what can I say!) .... Afterwards we thought oh boy how do we go back to a regular room on the next trip - BUT it was Just Fine!!! We've stayed in Bldgs #1, 6, 7, 8, 9..... Bldgs 6 thru 9 are our absolute favorites!!!
    Once you're at CN... It's ALL Good!!! ENJOY!!!
    Art xo Francine

Quote Originally Posted by katdawg View Post
    CN Garden Suite...which buildings and floors are best?
    It seems no one has pointed out that there are only 6 Garden Suites, though A&F hinted at it. There are 3 (1st, 2nd, 3rd floor) in one end of block 8 and 3 in the adjacent end of block 9. So the location is nearly identical. You may want to spare yourself the stress of deciding which room and the staff the stress of trying to accommodate. The suites are all very spacious and beautiful and should make for a wonderful honeymoon.

Just got back. Building 3 - Tennis instructor yelling every morning and the road runs right by it also. Loud motorcycles all night and the planes taking off were very annoying....

We stayed in Bldng 3, as we had paid for the Garden Rooms. And was concerned for road noise as we had heard that this can occur. But we had no road noise or tennis court noise that bothered us. Or airport for that matter. And to qualify us, we live in the country and are used to the quiet. So I really wouldnt worry about noise in bldg 3. Maybe it was due to us being being busy all day so we were tired at night and slept well, adn were up usually by 8 and gone by 9 in the am.
    Anyways you look at it, you will love it!

Unless you sleep during the day road noise and tennis court noise should not be an issue.

We have had rooms and even a Garden Suite that were close to the road and unless you live sleeping in the bathroom the road noise is hard to hear.

As to which room and building is best. You don't have that option to pick and choose. You can inquire and IF that room or building is available then the desk staff might accommodate your request at the time you check in.

As to the airport located across from CN. They do not fly at night thus NO noise from airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Havexico View Post
    Just got back. Building 3 - Tennis instructor yelling every morning and the road runs right by it also. Loud motorcycles all night and the planes taking off were very annoying....
    Quote Originally Posted by StonyplainClint View Post
    We stayed in Bldng 3, as we had paid for the Garden Rooms. And was concerned for road noise as we had heard that this can occur. But we had no road noise or tennis court noise that bothered us. Or airport for that matter. And to qualify us, we live in the country and are used to the quiet. So I really wouldnt worry about noise in bldg 3. Maybe it was due to us being being busy all day so we were tired at night and slept well, adn were up usually by 8 and gone by 9 in the am.
    LOL - boy, talk about night and day. Exact same building, yet polar opposite takes on the noise issue. So do we split the difference?
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    LOL - boy, talk about night and day. Exact same building, yet polar opposite takes on the noise issue. So do we split the difference?
    I honestly believe it depends on the person (or people) Before we went in November, I had read about the noise if you stayed in building 8. That is where we stayed and yes, you can hear the road noise. Did it bother us....no. We were up about 630 each morning and sat on the balcony. You could hear the road noise but I didn't find it to be a problem. We took afternoon naps and the road noise didn't bother us at all. We also live in the country, where it is VERY quiet all the time. I think it depends on what you can tune out because I didn't find any of that to be a distraction. Planes were VERY loud but still not an issue.