Default Garden Verandah Suite?

I haven't heard much on here about these rooms. We have this booked for our upcoming trip. Any feedback available as far as location or opinion?

Thanks!

Penny

Hi Penny,

We are booked in a Garden Verandah Suite for our upcoming May trip. Some people complain about road noise while others love these rooms and don't hear any noise. This will be our first trip so I don't have to much input.

The major concern/fear that is brought up most is noise from the road (Norman Manley Blvd.) that sits immediately behind the BFVS's. We stayed in them in December (room 4301, third floor, corner room, building 10, second building away from the Great House)and didn't have any problem with the noise. Even sitting on the verandah we didn't notice the road unless a conscious effort was made to do so. One or twice a loud car passing by caught our attention. Inside the room, with the windows/doors closed we were never bothered by noise of any kind. I might add that we live in a wooded area where all we hear at night with our Windows open are crickets and owls. I'm a light sleeper and was never awakened by road noise (perhaps the rum helped, but still...).

For us, the BFVS was an excellent, clean and comfortable room. We loved sitting on the verandah. We'll most likely book the same room category again.

Keep in mind that things at CSA are more spread out relative to some other resorts. But, it only takes 5-10 minutes to walk from one end to the other. The meandering paths through the foliage or along the beach make for a nice stroll during the day and a romantic walk at night.

I believe you'll be very happy in a BFVS.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    The major concern/fear that is brought up most is noise from the road (Norman Manley Blvd.) that sits immediately behind the BFVS's. We stayed in them in December (room 4301, third floor, corner room, building 10, second building away from the Great House)and didn't have any problem with the noise. Even sitting on the verandah we didn't notice the road unless a conscious effort was made to do so. One or twice a loud car passing by caught our attention. Inside the room, with the windows/doors closed we were never bothered by noise of any kind. I might add that we live in a wooded area where all we hear at night with our Windows open are crickets and owls. I'm a light sleeper and was never awakened by road noise (perhaps the rum helped, but still...).

For us, the BFVS was an excellent, clean and comfortable room. We loved sitting on the verandah. We'll most likely book the same room category again.

Keep in mind that things at CSA are more spread out relative to some other resorts. But, it only takes 5-10 minutes to walk from one end to the other. The meandering paths through the foliage or along the beach make for a nice stroll during the day and a romantic walk at night.

I believe you'll be very happy in a BFVS.

She is asking about the Garden Verandah Suites.

We stayed in one and loved it. Had a ground floor room which was nice so we could walk out the patio door and go. No noise for us but maybe upstairs is worse. We had our windows closed though so that helped. The a/c drowns out some noise too I'm sure. I don't think you will have a problem.

We stayed at CSA last year and stayed in a Garden Verandah Suite and it was an excellent room. Couldn't have been happier - course could have been the rum as well!!!

We have stayed in Garden Verandah Suites for three consecutive years with no issues whatsoever. The last two years we were in the second building from the Great House on the ground floor. In fact, we had an ocean view! It was wonderful hearing a little knock and walking out to our patio for a continental breakfast. The first year we were on the third floor and had a nice view as well. The noise talked about is really minor. If you close the bathroom door when you go to bed it is not an issue at all. Enjoy!

We stayed in one and loved it. Had a ground floor room (3102)which was nice. The thing you hear sometimes is someone going in an out of there room next to you. We never heard any road noise....... We are going in May again and staying in the Garden Verandah Suite again. Have a great time

Default Correction

Sorry...mental error on my part.

Please substitute GVS for BF VS in my earlier post. We did stay in the Garden Verandah Suites and NOT the Beachfront Veranda Suites. What was I thinking?
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We just stayed in GVS for 7 night over New Years. There is some road noise. I shut the bathroom door and we had the air on. My husband was not bothered with it, but I heard the same truck every AM. I am also an extremely light sleeper. I do not sleep well away from home!! . But this was not a problem. I just dozed in the sun during the day. And rightful got the most sleep I have had since our first child was born 7 years ago. We loved the room and location. When we go back we plan on getting the same category. Have a blast while you are there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lrhalley View Post
    We stayed in one and loved it. Had a ground floor room (3102)which was nice. The thing you hear sometimes is someone going in an out of there room next to you. We never heard any road noise....... We are going in May again and staying in the Garden Verandah Suite again. Have a great time
    We will be in a Garden Verandah Suite in May as well. What days in May will you be there? I'm so excited!!

We will be there May 8th - May 12th......
    Last edited by lrhalley; February 20th, 2010 at 05:44 PM.