Default CSA April/May Weather

Hello out there to all CSA alumni as well as potential newbies such as myself! My boyfriend and I have decided that swept away would be the perfect place for us to spend our first trip to Jamaica, but we are having doubts on when would be the best time to book. We are really wanting to go possibly April 28th - May 4th. If anyone who has stayed around this time frame or is planning on staying at this time and done some good research could help me out a bit I would GREATLY appreciate it! We are both in our mid-twenties very laid back and easygoing, just looking to have a good time which is what really attracts us to this resort. Regardless we are going to be arriving at CSA sometime within 2010, but I am just wanting to know if rain is an issue at this time or if waiting till maybe July would be better. Again I have never traveled to Jamaica so I have no clue! Also, if there are some people who have booked during this time frame I would love to hear from you!

My husband and I will be there at that time and like you this will be our first time in Jamaica.We have read everything possible about CSA and except for a few bad reveiws it sounds like heaven (there are always a few people who are impossible to please).Have heard that even if it rains the showers are quick but who knows,you can't predict the weather

While Jamaica is warm and humid year round, our experience has been that July is very much so. This may or may not be a problem. Rain is almost never a real issue. It rains. It CAN rain every day. But the sun shines nearly every day, too. This is the equation that gives us this incredible, lush island paradise.

Rain will only be an issue if a system moves into the region. Its a big ocean and a small island, but this is just something to be aware of.

I can say this, reading between the lines of your post... In the research we did before our first visit to the island (early '90s), only one hurricane stood out... Gilbert. Since that time, in the last decade, the only real storm that stands out as a show stopper is Ivan.

OK, there were other hurricanes and big storms. That's the tropics. But a storm that's going to waylay your vacation is not a yearly (and certainly not a monthly) occurence.

Schedule away, and enjoy your time on the island!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

There's always a chance for "some liquid sunshine mon" but it usually passes through very quickly.
    We've been to Jamaica 7 times in either March or April and never had a full day of rain. That was a total of 59 days in paradise in those 7 trips BTW.
    Now I hope I didn't jinx us for our trip to CSA this coming April!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4bjackso View Post
    We are really wanting to go possibly April 28th - May 4th. If anyone who has stayed around this time frame...I am just wanting to know if rain is an issue at this time or if waiting till maybe July would be better. Again I have never traveled to Jamaica so I have no clue! Also, if there are some people who have booked during this time frame I would love to hear from you!
    Your April dates are much more pleasant IMO and IME than July which is the middle of hurricane season. Late April and May are pretty perfect weather wise as a rule.

There is a HUGE TEAM CSA APRIL thread on the Meet-Up board - here's the link: April - http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=52
    May - http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=4292

We always go to Jamaica in April and the weather is perfect! 80s and sunny, humid but not as bad as the fall. There's always a chance of an afternoon shower because you're in the tropics, but the average rain for April is low compared to the other months. Have fun!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

The weather was great the first week of May in 2008 ... and we are hoping the same for May 2010. A brief rain shower early afternoon, but no worries! Plenty to do - or not to do - you won't be sorry. Enjoy!

We were there in May and it was great, like others have stated, if it rains it is usually a shower and it passes quickly (good time for a nap)and the sun is back out.

My son and his wife went in April last year and they had great weather also.

We have been going to Jamaica for 10 years now, and always go in April. We have always had great weather no matter where we are on the island. (hope that continues next year). Have a great time you will love Jamaica!

We too are glad to hear about the weather in April as that is when we are going to go back(2011). We have always gone between Christmas and New Years but we wanted to give the spring time a try during Susie's spring break. Although we know one can never control the weather--no worries.