Default breakfast attire at CTI

Is it okay to wear a nice cover up over my swim suit when having breakfast at the buffet at CTI? Or do I need to wear shorts and a top? When we were in Mexico, cover ups were not allowed in the breakfast buffet, so we always had to go back to our room to change for the beach after having breakfast.

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

A cover up is fine. That's what you see most people in. My husband wears a tee shirt with his bathing suit. Meals on the patio are casual.

You will have no problem with a cover up as long as your suit is dry. All he needs is a polo or tee shirt if he has a suit like shorts. If he has a speedo type suit he will need shorts.
    Irie Mon

I wore a cover up over my suit every day to breakfast and lunch. My husband wore a t-shirt and swimming trunks.

Also, cover-up must cover bikini top, and not just the bottoms (at breakfast). Simply wearing swim skirts or cover-up skirts is not acceptable.

It really saves on space when packing as you don't "need" an outfit to wear to breakfast or lunch. Just throw on a cover up and flip flops and head to the Patio. This way you only really need to pack for dinner.
    Vicky

You will need flip flops or something on your feet as well.

I noticed a couple with thongs bottoms once last week at the buffet at CTI..True story...

I agree with Vicky its really nice to put on cover up and then head directly to the beach. I usually wear the same cover up to lunch! Even better though, we like to have breaky on our lovely deck via the room service and head straight to the beach!! 8 more days to CTI!!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDude View Post
    I noticed a couple with thongs bottoms once last week at the buffet at CTI..True story...
    Crap! Then that means we won't be the first!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDude View Post
    That's odd. I had on a tankini and had to put on a cover up.
    Vicky