Default Feb 2010 Review of CSA - RESPECT

Hello All

We loved it and want to move there. RESPECT

We booked a Great House Suite , but upon arrival and without requesting they moved us to a Garden Ver. Suite. I was concerned about internet access , but I was able to hold a signal from the Garden Room. The room was very clean and the bed was comfy (we are picky about beds). The a/c worked great , we love a cold room. The mini bar was cool. 5 bottles of liq. - 6 pack of Carib beer (I bought my own red stripe from accross the street , no hassle at all) water , pepsi , and my new favorite drink TING soda. Housekeeping was amazing.
    I did kill about 10 mosqitoes in the room during our stay. They waited be the back door of the balcony and I think they might have been able to sneak in through the door seals. If I was seeking permanent residence here I would seal the doors better.

The beach and ocean. Oh my God , basically. I have never spent more time on the beach and in the water than I did here. Before noon , the water was like glass. People water ski - its that smooth.

I love the locals offering things for sale on the beach. They are only allowed to operate and walk on the coast line. Just understand who they are(broke beach bums) and why they are doing what they are doing(make money to eat). Ignoring them is rude - If you dont want anything just tell them no thanks or you are good. We kept a little cash on hand at the beach to buy things from them. A reggae band was strolling around one day too - Paid them $5 for two awesome songs!

Jet skis - If you are facing the ocean , go with the company on your left. He was much nicer, cheaper and had better sea doo's. He did $40for 30 minutes and the other guy wouldnt come off of $60 for 30minutes. The guy on the left also has some amazing Jamaican wild flowers too ;-) The staff at Couples told me to enjoy my flowers in my room or on balcony only. Respect

Food - Very good. Its pretty amazing whats included. I was expecting more run of the mill type meals , but thats just not the case. They serve high end meals for breakfast lunch and dinner. We ate around 830pm nightly so we could enjoy the (9pm) entertainment as we ate.

The super bowl watch party on the beach was so cool. Huge projection screens on the beach. They brought in Red Stipe vendors, a huge buffet on the beach , you could wager on the game , etc.

Cat. Cruise was fantastic. The length of the cruise and stopping to swim near Ricks was great. They have a slide off the top of the boat too. Rasta Ralphie provided the entertainment on the cruise. I wish I would have brought cash to buy one of his tshirts. Red Stripe and Rum punch were served (included) - 3 hour tour - no cost

Did I mention the beach and ocean? Wow. Plenty of loungers and the resort was rather full.

We are booking our next trip to CSA for my wifes 30th birthday. I am looking at the other couples resorts and reviews , but I dont know...we loved CSA. main things important to us are beach and ocean quality.

Wow, HY...

You had us worried! From the post early in your stay, sounded like you were quite disappointed. Seems SweptAway turned you around in a big way...

Big ups on the review... glad you enjoyed!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

A timely review and thanks. We're going to CSA on April 3rd and one of the few things I decided I wanted to pay for were the jet skis. Thanks a bunch for the info. That's great.

Of course I am cursing you because of your review as well. You said, and I quote, in regards to the cat cruise "Red Stripe & Rum punch were served (included) - 3 hour tour - no cost". So now I'm at work and I can't get the damn Gilligan's Island theme song out of my head... "a three hour tour, a three hour tour".

Glad you enjoyed your trip and looking forward to mine.

Hi Hytop - love your review - we fell in love with Jamaica and CSA when we went last year too and are returning in 3 months! And my gosh - isn't Ting the best?? My b/f didn't try it until the day before we left and wondered why he hadn't been drinking it daily! lol We made the same mistake and didn't bring money on the cat cruise so we'll make sure to get them this next time for the great time! Glad you had a great time.

HYTOP. Am glad you loved CSA, and she was all you hoped her to be. Sounds like you found Elvis, the Big E, to do the jet skiing thru. Cool. Love him big time. Our time to go home again is soon come. 41 more sleeps but who's counting. Welcome to the Couples family... and all the madness that, that, brings. All in the best of ways though! Razzl

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Wow, HY...

You had us worried! From the post early in your stay, sounded like you were quite disappointed. Seems SweptAway turned you around in a big way...

Big ups on the review... glad you enjoyed!
    My initial reactions and judgements were influenced by my poor attitude at the moment of my posting. I have since reflected and understand the truth that is CSA. My apologies

Yeah! I'm so happy to hear that you "got" Swept Away.Just realized that sentence has 2 meanings.lol And both true!

Quote Originally Posted by HYTOP View Post
    My initial reactions and judgements were influenced by my poor attitude at the moment of my posting. I have since reflected and understand the truth that is CSA. My apologies

LOL.. It took me till the third day on our first trip before I finally "got it", relaxed, and fully understood the wonder that is CSA. Jamaica is, after all, a very different place. That's why most of us keep going back. Now I'm there and relaxing the second I clear customs.

As for the Jamaican flowers. Was it Elvis or the guy Spider who works at the little gift shop hut by him?

HYTOP -

Oh, nothing to apologize for! Been there, done that with travel issues and all.

Again, we're all thrilled that you enjoyed your stay!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"