Hybrid View

Default Vow Renewal CSS???

My boss and his wife are headed to CSS in December for their 30th wedding anniversary. I have suggested a Vow renewal for them. He is interested in surpising his wife with it. He also surpised her with this trip. We planned everything and even called her boss to get the time off. I had so much fun planning the trip. I am so excited for them. I love Couples and can't wait to share it with them.

I would love to hear some suggestions:
    What is a good time?
    What is a good location?
    Which cake do you suggest?

Shari and James what are your thoughts? I know you did your vow renewal at CSS. Was it worth it? Does the coordinator call you before you arrive or do you plan the whole thing when you get there? Will it be ok that she does not know about the ceremony before she gets there? Will a sundress for her and khakis for him be ok? As you can see I have lots of questions. If it is easier to email me you can.... nikkivcole@comcast.net

THANKS!!!

"Is it worth it?" - YES DO IT!!!!!!

email on the way shortly in the meantime check out my review, pics and DVD posted in the "Our wedding at Couples" section it will answer most of your questions.

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=467

Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

I'd suggest the little wedding gazebo on the cliff for a location. CSS is beautiful.

My hubby surprised me for our 15th anniv and had it all set up for our vow renewal (June 11) at CSS. It was amazing! Ours was scheduled for 10am, then a spa visit after lunch at one. I loved that they had a cute little reception area set up, and after the ceremony and some pics, we walked around and spent some time together (before changing then heading to lunch). It was SO romantic, and I was blown away that he thought of it on his own!

Tell you boss to do it- his wife will be so impressed!

Plus Michelle and her helper were so amazing to think of all the little details! And the minister was so neat too- he made it seem like he knew us personally!

Very Much worth it!!! A memory of CSS I will never be able to forget!

Default Welovedjamaica

Hi welovedjamaica,
    What did you wear? You weren't upset that you couldn't plan for a special outfit? Nikki

"Hi welovedjamaica,
    What did you wear? You weren't upset that you couldn't plan for a special outfit? Nikki"

He actually thought of that one for me too- he helped me pick out a 'special' dress, which he told me was for dinner one night in one of the restraunts.It was a simple sundress, but looked great in my opinion looking at the pics we had taken. I must be dumb, cuz I had no clue. While we were there, we saw another couple getting married, and she actually wore a dressier sun dress (beautiful different shades of blue- almost a tie dye pattern and short), and he wore shorts and a dressier shirt. Anything goes down there! They were both even barefoot. We met another couple, celebrating their 25 yr anniv, and they did a vow renewal in swim suits on the beach.

We actually had our ceremony in the gazebo on the cliff, which was perfect as they even decorated that with flowers. We had the Jamaican fruit cake for our cake (again, he picked it out)
    Let me know if you have any other questions!

WOW!! How fun to be apart of that. I would just make sure that she has something special to wear. I hope everything goes according to plans, and they have a wonderful vacation and vow renewal

I'm curious, what do they charge for a vow renewal? My wife and I will be down in January 2010. Our 22nd anniversary isn't until June 2010, but I'd like to do the renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by gntbell View Post
    I'm curious, what do they charge for a vow renewal? My wife and I will be down in January 2010. Our 22nd anniversary isn't until June 2010, but I'd like to do the renewal.
    We did the vow renewal in 2007 at CSS and it was $150 and so worth it. Got the DVD for $300 and it was even more worth it! Check out the weddings section of this site for more info.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club