Default Couples Tower Isle

We are Jamaica virgins, but have decided this year is the year for Jamaica. We have been recommended Tower Isle, but have a few queries. We like to have an oceanview, but is it worth splashing out on a suite & what is the difference between a superior & a deluxe oceanview.
    It says on the site that there is a 2 hour drive to the hotel, but someone else has said that there is a new road & it doesn't take longer than an hour?!! Is it worth having a private transfer & is it faster? What grade room do you have to have for it to be given?
    Will probably think of a few more questions, but have until November.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuertelover View Post
    It says on the site that there is a 2 hour drive to the hotel, but someone else has said that there is a new road & it doesn't take longer than an hour?!! Is it worth having a private transfer & is it faster?.

It wouldnt be too much faster, unless you flew on Tim Air..

The busses and vans all take the same highway route so you aren't going to save much time- the longest we've ever waited to load up and leave the airport was 15 minutes. - As for making it there in an hour, Im not sure about that. You may have to stop to drop off guests at Sans Souci too, which takes an extra five minutes.

Don't bother with the private transfer. it will not be Quicker. All rooms that are not garden rooms have an ocean view. Difference in rooms is only where they may be placed in the Hotel. Go with the deluxe. You do not need to spring for a suite unless you really need the mini bar and the extra space. The normal rooms are large. Have a great time.

Fuertelover

Ahhhhh, to be a newbie once again. The anticipation is overwhelming. And it won't get any easier the more you come back. Trust me. We will be at CTI in November too. But for us, it will be our 30th visit. And we are even more excited for each trip because we will get to see many of our friends, both staff and guests. You'll see in November. By the way, what are your dates?

As to your questions. The room. The main difference between Deluxe Ocean and Premier Ocean is location. They all offer stunning views of the ocean. The rooms themselves are basically the same. And don't forget, the resort just underwent a 30 million dollar upgrade. It's all gorgeous.
    As to the suite. If money is not an issue, the suites are nice. Extra room. But for as much time as one usually spends in their room......well, it's a personal decision.

As to the ride from Montego Bay to CTI, The average time now is about an hour and a half. They usually stop along the way for a bathroom break. For a first timer, the bus ride can be a great experience. The driver will introduce himself and answer all of you questions.

There is also a post on the Mega Meet up at CTI page, "Official November CTI thread". There are only a few names on it right now, but that will change as time draws near. Check it out.

We may see you in November

Richie

My understanding (check me on this) is that the superior ocean rooms are on a side facing wing of the building that still gives you a view of the ocean, but not Tower Isle. Deluxe should be on the front of the building with a view of the island. Other than that, I don't think there is much difference between the rooms except that the deluxe rooms have a tub, instead of being shower only. Premier ocean is shower only, but on the front of the building (I think). The drive to the hotel took us an hour and a half last October, which is improved from two hours, back before the roads were fixed. I don't think a private transfer would save you more than fifteen to twenty minutes of time at most (which would be the time spent waiting in the lounge), so it wouldn't be worth the extra money to me. I don't think there is a room classification that would give you access to a free private transport. Randymon or Seandymon could probably shed some light on that. In my humble opinion, there is no better place to be in the world than Tower Isle. Have fun!

Shane

Shane & Amy
    Mocksville, North Carolina
    CTI October 2006, CTI October 2009, CTI October 2010, CTI October 2011, CN October 2012, CSS October 2013, CSS October 2014

A suite is a nicer bigger room with a mini bar and a tub and shower. A standard room just has shower and no mini bar. Is it worth the extra, only you can answer that. For us it is not.

The only difference between the superior and deluxe is the view. The superior has a view of the cove next to the resort and the deluxe have a view of tower island. You have a longer walk to the superior room because it is in the south wing.

The bus ride is only 1-1/2 hour in July 2009. We do not think it is worth the money for a private transfer, it does not save much if any time. The money is better put toward more nights or first class airfare. If you want something special, you can fly to Ocho Rio, but that is not cheap. My last quote was $680.00.

Enjoy
    Irie Mon

We were Jamaica virgins also, let me tell you that you will not regret going!!! We can't wait to go back! We also went to CTI and loved it. The difference between a deluxe and superior ocean view is the view. We had a deluxe oceanview room and it had a great view of the island and ocean beyond. The Superior has more of a view of what's to the side of the resort, no island and not as much ocean, but still nice. We were originally in a superior because of a small mix up so I did get to see that view also. My husband and I liked the deluxe view much better. The rooms were the same inside. We weren't in our room enough to need a suite, just loved sitting on our balcony enjoying the view.

The bus ride didn't take 2 hours, maybe 1 1/2 hours? It went by very fast. The driver was very good at letting us know all about Jamaica and told about whatever we were passing by. Take the bus, you will enjoy it.

Default Couples Tower Isle

Thank you everyone & we will now go ahead & book for November 23rd - December 7th. Anyone else going then?!!

Quote Originally Posted by shaneandamy View Post
    Other than that, I don't think there is much difference between the rooms except that the deluxe rooms have a tub, instead of being shower only.
    Shane
    Deluxe Oceanview has a shower only.. Need to go with a suite to get a tub and a shower. (I think)

We are Jamaica virgins, but have decided this year is the year for Jamaica. We have been recommended Tower Isle, but have a few queries. We like to have an oceanview, but is it worth splashing out on a suite & what is the difference between a superior & a deluxe oceanview..
    When we honeymooned at CSA 2 years ago, we opted for the cheapest room we could get with a minibar. And boy were we glad we did! There's nothing better than waking up and grabbing a cold can of juice or bottle of "Wata" or Ting right away. Or enjoying a cold beer or self-made gin & tonic on your patio late at night. It may seem trivial to those who don't mind running back and forth to the bar all the time to save the extra $$$, but now that I've had the minibar I wouldn't be without it (especially in a hot humid place like Jamaica!)

Oh, and we're headed for the Ocean Jr. Suite (complete with minibar) at CTI at the end of March! Again, it all depends on your budget and beverage needs, but it's just one of those things that makes your stay SO much more enjoyable.

It says on the site that there is a 2 hour drive to the hotel, but someone else has said that there is a new road & it doesn't take longer than an hour?!! Is it worth having a private transfer & is it faster?
    I've heard from those who've taken a Timair flight in order to save time that they only got to the resort 15-30 minutes before the shuttle van! If you ask me you're better off spending that $$$ on a room with a minibar!

Default Tower Isle

Thanks everyone & we booked this morning! We have booked a deluxe oceanview, not too worried about a mini bar. We have also booked for the coach transfer, as don't like small planes much anyway!
    Sure we will have lots of questions before we go, but we have Summer to look forward to hopefully.

Diane