Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I found them, and it looks like you used the uploader here on the board, so I can't get any actual pic info from those.

Try this, and you can do it here or in the "Sandbox" thread in the Help forum...

1. Find a pic you want to post.
    2. Right click on the picture, choose Properties.
    3. Go to the Summary tab and note the size (like 800x600 etc)...you may have to click advanced to see this.
    4. Open www.imageshack.us
    5. Browse to your picture and then upload with Upload Now
    6. Copy the link (it will end in .jpg)
    7. Open a post here and use the Insert Image (looks like a mountain) feature.
    8. Paste the URL in

THEN

9. Use the uploader once more and upload the same pic as you are used to.
    10. Submit your message.

We'll figure it out, and we're looking forward to the pics.

Ok thanks Kris! I will try this and see what happens! I really appreciate your time!
    Glenda & Mickey

Default Posting Test

Glenda & Mickey

Guess I didnt do something right Kris?
    Glenda & Mickey

I see the link when I quote your post, but I'm not sure what "yfrog" is.

Typically the link will look like www . imageshack . us/mypicturenamehere.jpg

Then that will get put in the image link box. The link you used isn't a valid link, and doesn't end in .jpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandbliss View Post
    Hello anyone! Many many moons ago maybe almost a year I saw a recommendation from someone in the pic thread who suggested this small shareware pic resizing program. was the easiest to use for me. Any suggestions, since I lost the program, thanks in advance..
    That may have been me. If not, I still have a good recommendation on a real fast, easy-to-use freeware/shareware program. It's called FastStone Photo Resizer. There are other good image viewers/batch converters out there, but FastStone is my favorite for quickly performing batch operations on a lot of photos at once. It's also a great thumbnail viewer. You can download it from here: http://www.faststone.org

so I'm still confused on the rules of posting though ... if I'm reading the earlier post correctly, you can enter three photos every month, regardless of when (month/year) they were taken? Which would mean, I could choose three photos from our 2006 and/or our 2008 visits to CN in the current/open April contest? Just as long as I only enter three photos once/month?

Yes.

Default Paradise!

These were pictures from our 1st trip to Couples Negril. All we could say was we finally found paradise and were so glad we did. We will be staying longer next year as evidence by the faces on the last day...

Name:  DSCN1386.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:  DSCN1480.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  DSCN1637.jpg
Views: 1156
Size:  35.1 KB

I need help. I uploaded 3 pics, the 3rd one was wrong one... tried to delete all from msg. go back to upload again - but that window that comes up to let you load the pics - seems to still have all my photos in it. it says something like "all images owned by AndreaInVA" and how much memory they take up. tried logging out and in again and that number was still there and I could not upload a new picture. I'm really stumped... wish I could take a beach / daqueri break about now!

Default May photo contest winners

What happened to the May photo contest winners?

They have yet to be announced.

has anyone successfully done this from a mac? I'm having problems, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm on a mac or if it's because my photos are too big. Also, do they need to be in any certain format?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayslinn View Post
    has anyone successfully done this from a mac? I'm having problems, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm on a mac or if it's because my photos are too big. Also, do they need to be in any certain format?
    They need to be in .jpg format, but the hosting solution I posted is universal.

Default More than 3 pictures?

August winners were posted. Congrats to winners! Beautiful pictures posted by everyone.

I am not trying to be a poor loser, but I thought that you aren't allowed to post more than 3 pictures or you are disqualified?

The winner for August posted 5 pictures.

People have posted multiples, collages, pics taken by others...I'm not sure of the rules anymore, but I continue to play by what is allowed in the written rules.

I am with you shine i was very upset and posted this on the main board but no response to this I guess we can now post as many pics as we want huh? http://www.couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=10003

Greetings:

Effective immediately, entries will be a limited to a total of 3 per person. Members who post more than three will be automatically disqualified...

Fair?

Couples Resorts

No...only 3 pics should be allowed...

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Very fair, Randy. Most of us stuck with the old rules, but a refresher on them is welcome.

I don't think that is fair either. The rules already said No More Than 3 Pictures. It makes a HUGE difference to me considering I came in 2nd place. To me the rules are the rules and the only fair thing is to follow them to begin with. Otherwise, it seems like all you are doing is just reiterating the rules that were already in place and previously ignored.

Again I must agree with Shine the rules were already set and should be followed as such and to set the example right the 1st place winner should be disqualified and one other photo from the ones entered WHO followed the 3 entries rule should be chosen to complete the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place JMO

Default question

Can anyone please tell me how long it takes for your pics to show up on this thread? I entered/added 3 pics yesterday and I don't yet see them in the thread. Should I try again?
    Thanks anyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by lmpermuy View Post
    Can anyone please tell me how long it takes for your pics to show up on this thread? I entered/added 3 pics yesterday and I don't yet see them in the thread. Should I try again?
    Thanks anyone!!
    Posts are added about once or twice a day after they pass approval. sometimes more, sometimes less. Hang in there, they'll be up.

Photo Contest Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe since the contest runs every month now instead of every other month the entry rules should be changed to ONE photo per contestant each month. It would be easier for the contestants to follow the rules and easier for the judges to keep track of the entries. Just a thought.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast