Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default December 2010 contest?

This is the first time I've posted for the photo contest but I'm a little confused. I posted my entry in the December 2010 thread and posted it on December 3rd. I looked today at the list of winners and it shows the November 2010 winners but the winners are pictures from the December 2010 thread....

The 1st place winner did post on November 30th so that one makes sense but the 2nd and 3rd place winners for November were posted mid-December in the December 2010 thread and the 3rd place winner actually submitted about 10 photos (some duplicates) within the same thread, I thought the limit was 3 per month or you were disqualified...

So my two questions are:
    1) Is my entry being considered for December 2010, are the December winners just not listed yet?
    2) Are we allowed to submited more than 3 photos now?

Any help for the newbie would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop1016 View Post
    This is the first time I've posted for the photo contest but I'm a little confused. I posted my entry in the December 2010 thread and posted it on December 3rd. I looked today at the list of winners and it shows the November 2010 winners but the winners are pictures from the December 2010 thread....

The 1st place winner did post on November 30th so that one makes sense but the 2nd and 3rd place winners for November were posted mid-December in the December 2010 thread and the 3rd place winner actually submitted about 10 photos (some duplicates) within the same thread, I thought the limit was 3 per month or you were disqualified...

So my two questions are:
    1) Is my entry being considered for December 2010, are the December winners just not listed yet?

We agree with every concern in this post, as well we'd like to add a couple of our own:

1. There were a few photos that were posted on the December thread AFTER these winners were chosen. Are they now not going to be eligble to win anything, as the winners have already been chosen for that group?

2. Are none of the entries that were in the November thread going to be considered for any of the prizes?

3. The first 2 entries on the December thread were actually posted on the last day of November. Why were they included in with the December thread?

4. When will all of this be straightened out and explained to us all??
    (Karen&Paul)

Hmmm, may be worth a shout to sean @ couples dot com.

When I had my winner, it showed the wrong month for several days.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop1016 View Post

So my two questions are:

I have the same questions, ??

My pictures we not uploaded from imageshack.com in the January 2011 contest. I used imageshack because the upload of my 3 images kept failing and I found a post in the forums to use image shack. Is there another way to upload or post photos?

Thanks,

Jason

Default need a little help

I have posted pictures before but cant any more..when a tell it to up load i get the some message ...
    The website is under maintenance.
    The website has a programming error
    anyone know why..
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jskyberg View Post
    My pictures we not uploaded from imageshack.com in the January 2011 contest. I used imageshack because the upload of my 3 images kept failing and I found a post in the forums to use image shack. Is there another way to upload or post photos?

Thanks,

Jason
    You have a slash after .jpg in your link, for starters. The last thing before the close-image tag should be the .jpg. You also apprear to be using some truncated link from image shack, as the URL is WAY short. Try again and use the link that is the DIRECT link to the image.

Quote Originally Posted by matbon View Post
    I have posted pictures before but cant any more..when a tell it to up load i get the some message ...
    The website is under maintenance.
    The website has a programming error
    anyone know why..
    thank you.
    Try external hosting (Flickr, Imageshack, etc) or post a screenshot of the error if you are able.

Default January 2011- CSA

1- Couples Enjoyment
    2- Start of a New Life
    3- His gift to Me.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Default very helpful

Thank you. I actually followed the directions and applied it to the thread and it did work.

Thanks

Good deal. Always love to see everyone's pics and "go home" for a minute in my mind.

Im trying to post pictures in the Jan Contest- put it doesnt give me the "submit Reply" or Preview Post" option. Any idea's???

Hello everyone! We are the winners of October's photo contest, but we never received a notification email with instructions for claiming our prize. I know it has been a while since October, but we have been very busy sorting out our new lives together since then. We can't wait to return to Jamaica, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Contact Sean or Randy, and they'll get someone to forward you the claim form.

Default boji1

Wasn't sure exactly how the photo contest posts were to be done....however, only way it seemed to work was new thread and submit. See that it states you are to open current month and post within that month. Could not get that to work kept stating I didn't have permission.

Wondering if my pics actually got posted this morning or if I need to redo?

Boji1

Default CN trial pics

don't know what I'm doing, but I'm trying
    1) a flying gunerd
    2) honey & me headed for our night dive
    3) sleeping fish on a night dive

ok, so how do I get these to show up as pictures?
    Last edited by Irie at CN; February 10th, 2011 at 04:37 PM.

Put [img:] [/img] around the link, minus the colon I used to show you the formatting. Or, just click the little thing that looks like a picture in the bar above the reply box, and it will open a window allowing you to paste the link in there...this will generate image tags automatically.

I don't know what to do, still won't come up with any pictures.

Imageshack has been hit or miss for me lately. I've resorted to linking my Flickr stuff.

One thing I do notice about the link is that it appears to be one of the "short links" they offer post-upload. Try using the "direct link" link.

Hey, how did you do that? I'll have to follow your suggestion, I don't remember seeing that 'direct link' option, I'll look again. Check back in a few days and see if I've remedied the issue. Thanks again.

No problem. I may have the verbiage wrong, but just take the "direct" link and surround it with image tags. If it isn't labeled "direct", it's the longest link they give you.

Default removing a post

I posted pictures for the Feb. contest. I notice that someone suggested turning the date stamp off. I would like to repost my pictures without the date stamp because I do not want to lower my chances of not winning because of that reason. Could you please tell me how I can remove my photos to repost correctly?

Thank you.

Karyn

You'd have to crop them with an image editor as they came out of the camera "branded" with the date stamp.

windows and Mac (ugh) both have programs to accomplish this.

Moving forward, somewhere in your settings on the camera, there is a feature to turn off, but the location will be brand/model specific. Just flip through the settings and you'll see it.

Each photo taken on a digital camera is embedded with EXIF data that contains everything from time and date to in-camera settings and such. You can always view this through the Properties selection you get when right clicking, should you need to.

Let me know if this helped.

Default Thank you

Yes it worked, and it posted right away. I read your post about the date stamp and realized my photos had the stamp so I wanted to edit them. It did look tacky. LOL!

Thank you for your help.

Karyn

No problem.

I tried to post pictures for the feb contest but every time I tried I got a message saying unable to upload because a security token was missing. Not sure what this means. Does anyone??

Thanks

Kathy

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast