Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Anyone else wondering if they are ever going to announce the November-December 2012 winners??

Soon come.

I just entered into the contest, this is awesome! Am I able to go back in and see my pictures that I registered? Am I able to see everyone's photos? And when do they pick a winner?

March 25th and still no November December results? We are waiting with baited breath!

Question for photo contest Admin. Are photos actually printed for judging or does the Couples staff who vote just view them online?

Default Photo contest

Who won the march/April contest and where can we find the winning entries?

It's been 2 days. The last winners took 4 months.

Hang in there.

I think there should be a rule that adding anything to an entered photo after it was taken using a program like Photoshop is not allowed. There was a particular photo in this last round that I think was very suspect for having been "doctored up" like this. I am not sure how it could be determined, but at a minimum it should be on the honor system as it is not fair and the resulting image isn't true or real. Randy, any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyandKatie View Post
    I think there should be a rule that adding anything to an entered photo after it was taken using a program like Photoshop is not allowed. There was a particular photo in this last round that I think was very suspect for having been "doctored up" like this. I am not sure how it could be determined, but at a minimum it should be on the honor system as it is not fair and the resulting image isn't true or real. Randy, any thoughts?
    In that case, point and shoot cameras shouldn't be allowed. They do in camera enhancements on the fly for contrast, sharpness, etc. We could all shoot film and have someone stand with us in the darkroom while exposing to make sure nothing fishy happens.

Also, no Instagram; filters are cheating.

I entered 3 photos that I personally took on our trip 2 years ago, and processed through Pic Stich this week. I did read through the rules and didn't see anything regarding those types of apps. My apologies ...

Becky
    Becky and Bud, VA, USA
    CTI 6/30 - 7/5/2011
    CTI 7/2 - 7/10/2013
    CTI 7/1 - 7/10/2014

Quote Originally Posted by bek63 View Post
    I entered 3 photos that I personally took on our trip 2 years ago, and processed through Pic Stich this week. I did read through the rules and didn't see anything regarding those types of apps. My apologies ...

Becky
    There aren't any rules about post-processing.

I vote we make a rule about leaving date stamps on pics. So many good shots ruined...

Who's to say what filters one might attach to end of their cameras to achieve a desired photo effect or color effect. So many cameras today have special effects, special color settings built right into them let alone a multitude of filters and special effect lenses that one can put on the end of a camera. Photography can be a work of art if you know what you are doing.

Yeah..let's force everyone to use only the old instant Polaroid cameras or the old kodak cameras with the replaceable flash cube on them! The world of photography has moved leaps and bounds over what it was.

FYI. Couples is even promoting use of Instagram in its photo contest which is an online picture service that lets you post process your photos through various effects & filters.

BTW only rules Couples has for photo contest is:
    Entries will be judged for quality, originality and creativity as well as the emotional response they elicit from the judges (staff in our Florida office). Contest winners will be judged from entries posted in the contest threads. Winners will be announced on the message board at the end of each quarter and notified via e-mail. Photos must be your own. Photographs taken by resort or contracted photographers will not be eligible. By posting your photos on the Couples Message Board, you grant Couples Resorts free unrestricted permission to use the photos in its name and to re-use, publish and re-publish the same, in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other photographs in print catalogs, mailings, magazine print advertisements and any and all advertising materials. Thank you for your participation and good luck!

Net...if it looks beautiful submit it.
    Last edited by jakemon; June 5th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.

Photo contest now quarterly?

Back when it was monthly....then changed to bi-monthly and now wording indicates quarterly??

It says May- June in heading for current contest but wording says
    The April - June 2013 Photo Contest is now open.
    "Reply to this thread and post up to three [no more please] images per quarterly contest from your Couples vacation."

May - June 2013 Photo Contest

The April - June 2013 Photo Contest is now open. Good Luck to all!

The Rules of the Photo Contest are listed here and copied below.

How to Enter the Couples Resorts Photo Contest

Reply to this thread and post up to three [no more please] images per quarterly contest from your Couples vacation. Write a 25-word-or-less caption for each image. Please note that you must be registered to post on the Couples Message Board. It is a free, quick and private process.

Besides sharing your Couples experiences and photographic expertise, your photos will automatically be entered in our quarterly photo contest (winners will be announced first week of each quarter) making you eligible to win up to $1000 on your next 7 night stay at any Couples Resorts.

Click Here to see our current winners.

Entries will be judged for quality, originality and creativity as well as the emotional response they elicit from the judges (staff in our Florida office). Contest winners will be judged from entries posted in the contest threads. Winners will be announced on the message board and notified via e-mail.

First Place will be awarded $1000 off 7 nights stay at any Couples Resorts
    Second prize will be awarded $750 off 7 nights stay at any Couples Resorts
    Third prize will be awarded $500 off 7 nights stay at any Couples Resorts.

*Valid on new bookings only. Must be booked directly with Couples Resorts. Black out period for all Resorts: Dec 26-Mar 31

The winning entries will be displayed in the Couples Photo Contest Winners Gallery.

Please Note: Photos must be your own. Photographs taken by resort or contracted photographers will not be eligible. By posting your photos on the Couples Message Board, you grant Couples Resorts free unrestricted permission to use the photos in its name and to re-use, publish and re-publish the same, in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other photographs in print catalogs, mailings, magazine print advertisements and any and all advertising materials. Thank you for your participation and good luck!

Last edited by nic; May 14th, 2013 at 01:57 PM.

Just to clarify from my post on June 2nd, what I was talking about was adding an image that was not in the original photo. For example, adding a very large, full moon on a night shot. That is what I was talking about when I said "add" something. I believe that is completely different than using filters, adjusting contrast, etc. If someone wants to use a starburst filter and they think that makes their photo look better, fine.

I am wondering why they closed the April, May, and June contest before midnight. It is not even 11 pm CST, but yet it is closed already. It does not mention that is closes on EST.

Thanks.

It's EST; they are based in MIA.

Even so it was not even midnight. They are only 1 hour ahead of my time. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    It's EST; they are based in MIA.

I am a little confused about the contest as well. Maybe someone can clarify for me?
    I think I understand that the contest is awarded quarterly (to me that means 3 months). However the threads seem divided into two month blocks so which months are grouped together?

I don't see winners announced for the March-April thread even though the May-June thread has passed. If they are lumped together then it is a 4 month block. The next thread posted for entries is a two month block too (July/August).

Can anyone explain any of this to someone new to the photo contest? Not complaining, just trying to understand it.
    Thanks much!

I wonder if the quarterly verbiage is for the Instagram contest and just got mixed in? After the new rules posted, I expected the 3mo cycle, but then the 2mo thread went up. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    I am a little confused about the contest as well. Maybe someone can clarify for me?
    I think I understand that the contest is awarded quarterly (to me that means 3 months). However the threads seem divided into two month blocks so which months are grouped together?

I don't see winners announced for the March-April thread even though the May-June thread has passed. If they are lumped together then it is a 4 month block. The next thread posted for entries is a two month block too (July/August).

Can anyone explain any of this to someone new to the photo contest? Not complaining, just trying to understand it.
    Thanks much!
    Yeah, I'm confused too. The top of the message board says every 4 months, the contest page says every 3 months, and photo entry boards are set up for every 2 months... Also the first place winner for June on Instagram was announced, but no mention of second & third place... and nothing seems to have been decided here yet...

I'm not complaining either, just trying to understand, especially since I'd like to make entries for each contest and would like to know if any of my photos were selected before entering the next contest.

When will the winners of the May-June 2013 contest be posted or notified?

I didn't notice that
    I just bought a new dslr camera bag and I'm loving it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6