Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Photo Contest Tech Talk, Questions and Posting Hints

This thread is for helping each other with questions regarding posting images for the Couples Resorts photo contest, talking about cameras, other techie issues or general chit chat about the Photo Contest not directly related to the Photo Contest entries.

Here are a couple of links to some interesting threads from the Old MB...
    Attn Randymon: Possible FAQ for contest posting??
    Camera's being used for photos?

Unfortunately...wait, FORTUNATELY, that first link can fall into obscurity now that VBulletin is here.

I'm open writing to any other camera/posting FAQs that users would like, however.

I notice that the board isn't allowing the reading of EXIF data either, so tutorial 2 is also bunk.
    Last edited by KrisJamie; July 8th, 2009 at 01:44 PM.

Default Can not down load photos?

Im soo frustrated i cant down load my photos for contest ive tried 11 times now ! Keeps saying security ? Or unable to download whats up??????

Post the exact error message, and the method you're trying.

Default Pic resizing Progran

Hello anyone! Many many moons ago maybe almost a year I saw a recommendation from someone in the pic thread who suggested this small shareware pic resizing program. was the easiest to use for me. Any suggestions, since I lost the program, thanks in advance..

I would like to suggest something (A FAQ? or context rules) be added here in this specific board that gives more rules about the contest. I couldn't easily find any information about limits to how many pictures you can enter and so my entry was apparently disqualified. Also, while I assume you can only enter for the month you visited Couples, I can't find that detail anywhere. I am frustrated because I really wanted to enter but my "month" that I visited is now closed to entries and I was never told that my entry was being removed from the board.
    Dana and John

Hmm, I thought those were here:

You can enter any/every contest. You may enter 3 pictures. Please indicate when you stayed and where.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    Hmm, I thought those were here:

You can enter any/every contest. You may enter 3 pictures. Please indicate when you stayed and where.
    Thanks so much for this info!
    Dana and John

Okay, now I feel really bad! I just saw that my entry was entered, but in the September contest and not the August contest. I thought that was where I put it. Weird! Anyway, maybe someone can help with something else? I posted four pictures but can only post three. Can I remove my post and re-do it or something like that? Sorry for all the mistakes!
    Dana and John

Click "Edit" and just remove the one you don't want. I can do some screenshots if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    Click "Edit" and just remove the one you don't want. I can do some screenshots if need be.
    Kris, thanks so much for your help! While I do see an "Edit" button at the bottom of my posts in this thread, there is no "Edit" button at the bottom of my post in the Photo Contest Thread where I posted my pictures.
    Dana and John

just wondering when you win the contest how do you claim your prize??

I have a question. We have been to couples twice already and will be there a 3rd time in a few weeks. We were there in 2006 and in 2008. My question is that for this months photo contest, Can we post what we think are 3 of our best pics? Then the next contest, can we post 3 more? And so on? We have over 1000 pics and a lot of good ones, but we never knew about this contest. Anwyays just tryin to make sure we can do that.

Hello, This is Seandymon...yes, you can do that! We look forward to your pictures!

Default Also...

I notice that there is a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for October and for Septemeber, when you click on each 1st place picture it says that they each won a 3 night stay. I thought the contest was bi-monthly? Is it now every month? Please adsvise and Thanks so much! A shot at winning a 3 night stay every month is pretty cool!

It is monthly.

I just want to enter the photo contest but don't understand how to it. That's right I'm a computer dummy and always will be. HELP!

1. Find the Photo Contest Thread in this forum:
    http://www.couplesjamaica.biz/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=11
    2. Start a new post in the current contest by clciking "Post Reply"
    3. Add your pics and descriptions

Let me know of any specific issues with photo uploading, hosting, etc that isn't covered and we'll make sure to get you sorted out.

why are some of the pics small and some larger?

Quote Originally Posted by BUDMAN View Post
    why are some of the pics small and some larger?
    Can you clarify? Could be crops, different resizes, etc...

Default Photos

Why do some of the pics come out small and others large on the posts?
    Glenda & Mickey

Some pics on here are like thumbnails and others are much bigger. I downloaded from the same camera and just wondering why they may be different sizes. Thanks! Far from photo savy here!
    Glenda & Mickey

Can you post an example in this thread? Also, are you using the message board uploader, or hosting offsite?

I posted some on the February contest that turned out small then tried again and a few were larger the second time. Not really sure what to do. Thank you for your help!
    Glenda & Mickey

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast