Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Listen Up!

Default Listen Up!

We've been here for 12 days, and this is what I see...First timers, pay attention; repeater's, you should know better!!

Every morning the pool is being vacuumed and maintained. Delroy is busy cleaning the beach, setting people up and raking the sand so it looks like God put it there special, just for you.

Kirk, Everald and Byron are running happy arrivals with their piles of luggage to their new "homes". Always happy, always smiling, always accomodating.

Denise has been to our room sometime during the morning and it is always beautiful, neat and tidy with fluffy white towels nicely hung.

Sean tends to all the people on the beach. Hundreds of times a day (day after day) you can see him run up and down the steps with fresh drinks, which he delivers with a smile and witty conversation.

At the bar on any given day, Camille, Kenesha, Casrine, Randeil, Simone, Nicholette, Antoinette, or one of countless others will be happy to serve you whatever you want.

Every morning at The Patio I wait not for my coffee and water, because Adrian, Jamar, Chudianne or one of the others is right at my elbow ready to pour--it's because I am important to them, so they keep an eye out for me.

I have been to the Spa and Fenella, LaToya or Windsong has made me feel amazing, relaxed and refreshed.

There are folks in the back cooking. There are others who put this food out all day, every day. Myma Sue will cook your eggs to order; just tell her what you would like. And Rushane will get you pancakes or waffles right away.

I have seen Desmond around the grounds keeping them perfect and lovely. You might notice that the sand is only on the beach. How do you think that happens? Or you may notice that there are never wet-glass rings on the little tables. Wonder about that? Do ya think a magic fairy takes care of every little detail? Nope, it's the staff.

At day's end when I return to my room for the evening, a lovely spirit has been in to turn the bed down so it invites me to rest and ready myself for yet another day in paradise.

So, do you get my drift yet? Hope so, cuz...

I haven't mentioned a tenth of the people who bust their butt every day so you have a good vacation. They want you to come "home" again. It will enable them to keep their jobs.

Why do I look down from the most beautiful tropical view from my terrace and count no less that 14 abandoned towels left laying around the pool? Why do I see cigarette butts laying around tucked into odd places along with half-gone drinks?

I repeat myself when I say: If you haven't brought your mother with you, pick up after yourself!! These Jamaican people work long and hard day-after-day. They sing in the hallways and will bend over backward to see that your desires are met, and this is how you repay that dedication?

We sometimes have a good knuckle shake and one word keeps appearing along with that, and that word is RESPECT.

Please respect the people who work so hard to see that your vacation is wonderful.

Sun_princess

Feel free to add your thoughts and keep this post visible near the top.

Love it!!!! Could not have been better put.

"Why do I look down from the most beautiful tropical view from my terrace and count no less that 14 abandoned towels left laying around the pool? Why do I see cigarette butts laying around tucked into odd places along with half-gone drinks?"

I know why...............

Good heads up Princess on those towels, butts, and half-filled drinks. Altho what you stated were simple suggestions on demonstrating courtesy and good manners, not sure how much it's gonna help. Some folks are hard wired to being inconsiderate and all the words in the world aren't going to do squat. But it was still nice of you to point this out.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Or the cigarette butts stuck into the sand on the beach to put them out, take them with you and discard them or place them in a plastic cup with water and throw out the cup, I know ash trays are filled with sand many places but the beach is not a giant butt receptacle!!!!!!!!!

WandA, so tell me why?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Good heads up Princess on those towels, butts, and half-filled drinks. Altho what you stated were simple suggestions on demonstrating courtesy and good manners, not sure how much it's gonna help. Some folks are hard wired to being inconsiderate and all the words in the world aren't going to do squat. But it was still nice of you to point this out.
    folks lets stay positive i am sure those drinks were half full

Thanks for finally saying it. whats the saying "everything I need to know about life I learned in kintergarden." Maybe we need to rewind and remember that even though we pay to come here, there is a reason why we abolished slavery. They want you to have a great vacation and we want them to have a good place to work with respectful guests. imho.

'nuff said... thanks princess!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Sun_princess I could not have said it better myself. These are some the most nicest people you will ever meet and I tried to say thank you to everyone that waited on me and they would just smile and say No Problem Mon... We cannot get enough of Jamaica since we left we catch ourselves listening to Reggae or watching a documentary on Jamaica. My point is the experience by these people made it so great we cannot get it out of our heads. So I agree with you post 120%. Bamadude.

Very well said princess and I totally agree. I have only been there 3 times in the past and will be making my first to CSS in April and know how hard these people work to have someone treat them like dirt. I have seen guest complain about something and then watch them leave things around. I am a smoker myself and hate the sight of butts on the ground.I do realize that ashtrays are not on every inch of the property and may put my cigarette out on the ground but no sign of the butt is around after I am done as I pick it up and put it in my bag or pocket until I find a trash can to put them in. We get treated very well while there and we sould treat the staff the same way, they are the ones that make Couples a place you want to come back to, as a matter of fact it is becuse of them that I go back when ever I can. Glad you posted maybe some people will wake up and treat the staff better then they do!!!!!!

I see this all the time but thats here in the UK, I have to say I did not see it in the US when I lived there, I guess it went on but I did not see. Thats why I get so made when I see people here just get up and leave their rubbish behind.

Rest assured as a newbie, I will be taking my empties back to the bar - and I don't smoke so cigarette butts not an issue. I even make my bed even when staying in a hotel!

Good manners and common courtesy costs nothing.

Well said!! We have just returned from CSA and the one thing that clouded our wonderful return "home" was the number of "guests" who couldn't even manage a heartfelt thank you for the spectacular service they received. We sat next to a couple at dinner one night and for the whole two hours we were there I never saw the woman smile once. She didn't even make eye contact with the lovely young lady who was her server and muttered through her whole meal. Meanwhile I was once again in complete awe with the friendliness and warmth of every staff member we came into contact with. Just acknowledging someone by name for what they are doing for you means so much. And yes, please be respectful enough to pick up after yourself.

Default Listen Up!

I'm right there with ya sister!
    That's why we are planning trip #6 in May.
    I have never once heard anyone of the staff at CN ever grumble or mumble under their breath when someone asks for something unusual.
    We love the staff there.
    Total Respect to all.
    Kim

great post!

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_princess View Post
    WandA, so tell me why?
    There are people who feel privileged to be there....and those who feel entitled ( "I spent X$$ and I can do whatever I want" ) We all behave accordingly.

The only times we've ever seen any rude, insensitive behavior at a Couples resort was by some of the guests..

As for the lack of ashtrays, we just carried ours from the room in our beach bag, or you could ask someone at the bar to get you one. Of course they do.

I've been home for 2 days and am still recouperating from a little over 2 hours of snow removal; shoveling, roof raking and snow blowing. I wanna go "home"!

I never let an opportunity go by to look at a name tag, then look up, smile, and say thank you, Chudiann (for my water or coffee). In the end, we all just wanna matter. What can be more affirming than having someone recognize your name and use it?

For those who think they might somehow be better than anybody else, boy what a mistake you make! If you were to peel back your skin (or your body suit) you would see the same thing. Ya know, God loves all of us just the same. I hope you can learn that lesson before you go back to Couples.

We've been to Couples CTI 8 times now. We adore the staff and know many of them. I kept a pencil and paper with me most of the time to jot down the names of those I didn't recognize or who were new so I could mention them on the checkout form you fill out. That is one of the best ways to recognize the staff; give them a good shout-out. The only one I never saw was our turn-down angel. She gently swept in, made our bed so as to invite us to rest, and gently swept away. We always left her a mini Kit Kat and a mini Twix laying on the bed.

I could go on and on, but I have to get busy now. Respect is the big concept here for anyone who cares.

Sun_princess

Great post!!!!! Enuf said!

Amen!

It amazes me at how rude some people can be while on vacation. They are in paradise and even though they are treated like royalty, they really need to understand that they are NOT royalty and they should be kind, respectful, and not slobs.

I've seen a lot of "well to do" people use their status as a way to be cheapskates when traveling. Complaining about small things just to get a discount or upgrade. Then there are people who worked very hard to afford their vacation getting less service because the staff had to jump through hoops to make somebody feel extra special.

Towels.... don't even get me started on towels. How much work is it to toss that towel into the dirty hamper or your bathroom floor?

Lets keep Couples clean and amazing just by cleaning up after ourselves!

My personal favorite is when people leave fruity drinks sitting on the ground next to lounge chairs out on the island and it attracts an army of ants. Really, how much work is it to toss out your old drinks or even just put them up on a table? Such a small amount of effort put forth by guests would keep the place even more beautiful than it already is.

The likelyhood the people you are talking about don't come on the message board. And if they do, it wouldn't matter because they don't see the error of their ways. If they did, they would not have acted in that manner to begin with. Some people just don't care and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by ahhh vacation View Post
    The likelyhood the people you are talking about don't come on the message board. And if they do, it wouldn't matter because they don't see the error of their ways. If they did, they would not have acted in that manner to begin with. Some people just don't care and never will.
    Well said...may I add:
    I have a dear friend at the front desk and over the years, I have overheard guests being frighteningly rude-
    " How long is this going to take?"
    " I want to speak to a manager "
    " this is absolutely unacceptable "
    " but we REQUESTED the same room as last year"
    and my all-time favorite
    " Call Lee Issa in here, he knows us " LMAO

Many times I've said to her
    "HOW do you do it?"
    and she just gives me that beautiful smile and says
    "It's part of my job"

That makes me sad, when people are working SO hard to be not just civil, but warm and welcoming--and others come in a trample all over their Hospitality in the name of money and arrogance--

If you behaved like that at home, you'd get NOWHERE......

Quote Originally Posted by WandA View Post
    Well said...may I add:
    I have a dear friend at the front desk and over the years, I have overheard guests being frighteningly rude-
    " How long is this going to take?"
    " I want to speak to a manager "
    " this is absolutely unacceptable "
    " but we REQUESTED the same room as last year"
    and my all-time favorite
    " Call Lee Issa in here, he knows us " LMAO

Many times I've said to her
    "HOW do you do it?"
    and she just gives me that beautiful smile and says
    "It's part of my job"

That makes me sad, when people are working SO hard to be not just civil, but warm and welcoming--and others come in a trample all over their Hospitality in the name of money and arrogance--

If you behaved like that at home, you'd get NOWHERE......
    Hahaha!! That Lee Issa comment is a hoot. But on a more serious note, I have to agree with what ahhh vacation said in that those who regularly follow this board and post in here are likely not the culprits when it comes to boorish behavior. So all the warnings and advice only serve as a preaching to the choir of sorts. But even if one person has learned from all that's been posted regarding good manners, then it's well worth it.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Default very well said and so true!! it is a sin people can't respect the property

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_princess View Post
    We've been here for 12 days, and this is what I see...First timers, pay attention; repeater's, you should know better!!

Every morning the pool is being vacuumed and maintained. Delroy is busy cleaning the beach, setting people up and raking the sand so it looks like God put it there special, just for you.

Kirk, Everald and Byron are running happy arrivals with their piles of luggage to their new "homes". Always happy, always smiling, always accomodating.

Denise has been to our room sometime during the morning and it is always beautiful, neat and tidy with fluffy white towels nicely hung.

Sean tends to all the people on the beach. Hundreds of times a day (day after day) you can see him run up and down the steps with fresh drinks, which he delivers with a smile and witty conversation.

At the bar on any given day, Camille, Kenesha, Casrine, Randeil, Simone, Nicholette, Antoinette, or one of countless others will be happy to serve you whatever you want.

Every morning at The Patio I wait not for my coffee and water, because Adrian, Jamar, Chudianne or one of the others is right at my elbow ready to pour--it's because I am important to them, so they keep an eye out for me.

I have been to the Spa and Fenella, LaToya or Windsong has made me feel amazing, relaxed and refreshed.

There are folks in the back cooking. There are others who put this food out all day, every day. Myma Sue will cook your eggs to order; just tell her what you would like. And Rushane will get you pancakes or waffles right away.

I have seen Desmond around the grounds keeping them perfect and lovely. You might notice that the sand is only on the beach. How do you think that happens? Or you may notice that there are never wet-glass rings on the little tables. Wonder about that? Do ya think a magic fairy takes care of every little detail? Nope, it's the staff.

At day's end when I return to my room for the evening, a lovely spirit has been in to turn the bed down so it invites me to rest and ready myself for yet another day in paradise.

So, do you get my drift yet? Hope so, cuz...

I haven't mentioned a tenth of the people who bust their butt every day so you have a good vacation. They want you to come "home" again. It will enable them to keep their jobs.

Why do I look down from the most beautiful tropical view from my terrace and count no less that 14 abandoned towels left laying around the pool? Why do I see cigarette butts laying around tucked into odd places along with half-gone drinks?

I repeat myself when I say: If you haven't brought your mother with you, pick up after yourself!! These Jamaican people work long and hard day-after-day. They sing in the hallways and will bend over backward to see that your desires are met, and this is how you repay that dedication?

We sometimes have a good knuckle shake and one word keeps appearing along with that, and that word is RESPECT.

Please respect the people who work so hard to see that your vacation is wonderful.

Sun_princess

Feel free to add your thoughts and keep this post visible near the top.

so true, very well said!!!

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Sound familiar?
    From our many travels throughout the Caribbean we have seen hundred's of hard working people doing their best to make us happy. Wonder if we were in their shoe's if we would be so happy. We always try to recognize staff that go out of their way to make our stay "the best" -- by talking to management, and just with a smile and heart-felt "Thank you" to each individual; it's amazing how showing respect and care goes a long way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast