Thread: Wifi at CTI

Default Wifi at CTI

Does anyone know if CTI has WiFi? Working on our international data/calling and need to know.

Thanks...

Only 2 days until we arrive at CTI

Angie...yes, CTI does have WiFi.....but the service can be a bit sketchy in some spots......especially if you're in one of the far buildings (like building 5, for example).

Welcome to Couples,

All Couples resorts include free WIFI. However, don't expect complete coverage. At least the last time we were at CTI. Inside our room coverage was iffy. But when I went out onto the balcony I got a usable signal. Most likely from the hotspot located in the swim-up pool bar. Other locations with good signal are the benches on the veranda near the lobby, the Patio restaurant, and near the main pool. Don't expect speed to be great, but it is usable.

For us, all I get is a minimal Caribbean calling plan for my cell phone. We rarely make any calls while at Couples. We are going to get away so why would we need much of a calling plan. I switch off the cellular data and make sure my commonly used apps will work over WIFI only. In my texting app I switch off the "Roaming Auto Retrieve" setting. I don't include texting in my Caribbean calling plan. If I need to communicate I use email only. This can be set to work over WIFI only.

There is also an Internet Cafe located near the main pool. There are several computers in this room for guests to use to communicate with friends and family back home.

I also inform our friends that I won't be answering calls or text messages while we are away. Most of the time my cell phone is off and locked away in our room safe. I will only check my email once or twice a day. As I said before we are at Couples to get away. We don't want to be tethered to a cell phone in paradise.

Enjoy your stay in paradise.
    Jack and Kathy

CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016
    CTI 2012, 2014
    ??? 2018

They do have WiFi but it is very spotty. We just went with our carriers international calling plan and kept the calls short. I hope you enjoy!

Angie,

Yes there is WiFi available, although it can be spotty. I was able to stream my sons hockey games in the lobby.

Enjoy your stay in paradise!!

Rick
    One Love!!

RickNDarla

CTI--2016, September 2017

Considering it takes a couple days sometimes for responses to show up, you might have waited too long.

Regardless, I am curious to know this as well.

Hi Angie484! Yes, CTI does have WiFi that you can access from your room as well as most everywhere around the resort.

You're welcome and have an awesome stay!!

I'm pretty sure each couples resort has wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie484 View Post
    Does anyone know if CTI has WiFi? Working on our international data/calling and need to know.

Thanks...

Only 2 days until we arrive at CTI
    CTI has good WiFi coverage all over the resort, but especially in the room. The WiFi was good enough for Skype and WiFi Calling from my phones. We had no problems in terms of bandwidth or ability to upload large photos . videos to the Internet.