Default Water Sports & Restaurants Questions

Hello

Heading for 6 nights in March to celebrate my 29th birthday (March 23-29) I wanted to get the scoop on where and when to go to sign up for snorkeling/catamaran and the restaurants that require reservations just so I am ahead of the game when we arrive and know what I need to do. I love to snorkel.

We are beyond excited and cannot wait, we have been to Negril twice but both times stayed at a nearby resort.

Any helpful tidbits is much appreciated.

Millers in GulfCoast Florida

To sign up for watersports/etc you go to the watersports hut and just sign up

For restaurant reervations you either go to guest services or call them. To make restaurant reservations you have to be checked in.

Which resort are you staying at?

we are staying at Swept Away

Catamaran Cruise can be reserved at concierge desk in the front lobby (or it was last May...)

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Enjoy yourself ~ and Happy Birthday!

You can sign up for snorkeling up to one day ahead of time at the Watersports huts. Most days, they snorkel at 11:00, 1:30, and 3:00. We usually try to book the 11:00, because sometimes it gets choppy in the afternoon, and the 3:00 is the most likely snorkeling trip to get cancelled due to rough water. We love to snorkel, too! They added several new reefs to their itinerary since we were last there in 2008 (we were just there a few weeks ago). The "Mexico" reef has a sunken cannon and anchor. But the "Antigua" reef had the stingrays.

Sign up for the catamaran cruise at the concierge desk. If you have your own snorkel equipment, you can bring it along and snorkel at the caves. However, they won't provide you with snorkel equipment for the cat cruise. Also, the cat cruise folks are just about the only people that you CAN tip at CSA, so be sure to bring a few singles for the crew.

The two restaurants that require reservations are Lemongrass and Feathers. You can sign up at the concierge desk up to 3 days in advance. The early seating (6:30) at Lemongrass is wonderful, since you most likely will get a spot on the balcony and can watch the amazing sunset.

Have a wonderful birthday! My birthday is March 22.

No worries mon! Davian and the boys at Watersports will take very good care of you, they are the best. The staff at the Concierge desk will take care of any dinner reservations you require. We just returned a few days ago from our third trip and once again the service was second to none. ENJOY!

Sign-up for water sport activities right at their hut -- go early in the day (after you arrive) and no issues getting a spot for snorkeling. Make sure you reserve the catamaran a few days before as that will fill up. I recommend the Hobie cats even without sailing experience (take the 1/2 hour lesson). You will love it!

And I have to put a pitch in for the discover SCUBA. If you like snorkeling, you will love SCUBA! Its free, and takes only one morning. I did it my first trip to Couples, and loved it so much I got certified at home before our next trip (and now get to SCUBA many times during our trips!!). Definitely do it, and enjoy your time at Couples.